Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    D11A7FCA-8E1E-4200-82E5-42C2B00782F4.jpeg

recrisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Paris, Texas
    It's a meme thread. Sometimes it bugs me, too, but by the mutual assent of the board membership memes get a pass on fact-checking. We publicly talked it out a long time ago.

Still, I have noticed a rise, lately, in the number of memes that don't just lie but do so in such an egregious manner that they cease to be effective at making people think.

I wish this thread was better... :(
    I am not singling you out, benenglish, this feels like it (possibly) needs to be said.

When posting memes I don't want to have to fact check it all, I am here for the fun, particularly in this thread. :)
    I know that not ALL of what is posted here or anywhere else is always true. but, if people want to prove it, then they can spend the time to prove it, not me.
    (Some pictures have been Photoshopped too, but we can't all be Photoshop experts and know what is real and what is not)

Or, I/we could just not post a thing, ever, that would take care of the problem. :)

I promise, I am not being a jerk, I am only saying what I believe, I don't come here to stir up trouble or post lies.
    Also, I also see stuff that is not true, AND, I see many, many posts that have been posted numerous times, but I don't tell them that, they will figure it out, I think.
    (Even though I go through and look at all of the posts as much as I can, I have also posted things that others will say has already been posted, even though I really do try my best not to)

Anyway, if I post something that is wrong in most people's minds, I will delete it, this is 'supposed to be' a group/thread that is for entertainment, not a group where one should have to explain themselves.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When posting memes I don't want to have to fact check it all, I am here for the fun, particularly in this thread. ...

...this is 'supposed to be' a group/thread that is for entertainment, not a group where one should have to explain themselves.

Your attitude is exactly what the board membership agreed, a long time ago, to be the proper way to read meme threads. We all know that most of them are lies. We just hope they're funny.

My post was just me wistfully remembering when memes were a new internet phenomenon and they tended to be thought-provoking. I accept that that time is long past.

tl;dr - You're exactly right. Keep on keepin' on.

recrisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Paris, Texas
    Your attitude is exactly what the board membership agreed, a long time ago, to be the proper way to read meme threads. We all know that most of them are lies. We just hope they're funny.

My post was just me wistfully remembering when memes were a new internet phenomenon and they tended to be thought-provoking. I accept that that time is long past.

tl;dr - You're exactly right. Keep on keepin' on.
    What the REAL problem is, we are running out of meme material!
    Well, good ones, Biden is only so funny.
    Also, not to really step on anyone's toes of the other persuasion, but Democrats can't meme, so there is that, that's half of the good material gone right there.

Top Bottom