• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

As usual, I was listening to WOAI AM Radio most of the morning while driving, shopping & running errands.

The comments of the Mother of a street criminal/age 19 (who is well known to SAPD for various criminal acts) about 1100hours "caught my attention". = She said that, "My teenaged son got shot & is now in the Emergency Room with a bullet hole in the stomach. The police said that he grabbed a cop's gun when he was stopped for speeding. The cop had no reason to shoot him, as he did not really hurt anybody."

IMAGINE THAT a LEO would shoot a suspect who grabbed a fellow LEO's pistol & did NOT wait to see if he would shoot someone!!!!

I'm coming to the opinion that a considerable portion of America's population "has lost their mind".

yours, satx

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    My best friend from work is African American and she said she has taught her children from a very young age “When a Police Officer stops you do exactly as they say , do not argue and keep your hands where they can see them”.
    So, I am a cracker and was taught almost the exact same thing. It's a survival skill, and it works for most (all?) races.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Sorry, but I'm not buying that reply in the least. You could have responded with that answer three days ago.

Personally, I think you knew you dug a hole and have had time to read the other replies made in this thread, and you knew you said the wrong thing, in the wrong way. So you had to figure a way out of that hole.

Now I seriously doubt that you are a card carrying member of the KKK, but from you reply on this thread, and the tone on other threads similar to this, I happen to think you do have some prejudices, against certain groups of people. Might even be a little bigoted.

I think you must have lost your ability to identify someone by something they have written or your just too into yourself that you got lost for a moment.

Either that or you are living up to you professional troublemaker.

There's not time in the day to satisfy you with excuses since you have time to make them up for yourself.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think you must have lost your ability o identify someone by something hey have written or your just too into yourself that you got lost for a moment.

Either that or you are living up to you professional troublemaker.

There's not time in the day to satisfy you with excuses since you have time to make them up for yourself.
    FP 001.jpg

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    The numbers are very well documented that being white, you have a higher odds of being shot by a LE officer than if you are blac

Is that based on by rate of the population of that group, or just on total number of people shot ? I think the rate of blacks and hispanic per million persons are higher than whites shot per million.

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Is that based on by rate of the population of that group, or just on total number of people shot ? I think the rate of blacks and hispanic per million persons are higher than whites shot per million.

Could possibly be.....but the crime rate for those 2 groups as a percentage is higher than that of whites. That being the case, blacks and Hispanics present a higher likelihood of being in a situation in which they might get shot.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The WSJ has had a couple of articles on true statistical studies. The studies concluded that blacks are not killed disproportionately by police.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Could possibly be.....but the crime rate for those 2 groups as a percentage is higher than that of whites. That being the case, blacks and Hispanics present a higher likelihood of being in a situation in which they might get shot.
    The argument presented there is that blacks and hispanic are targeted by the police and therefore they have higher crime rates. I'm not saying that is true or not true....just stating what the usual response is to your comment.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Last night one of our deputies responded to a wellness call (family was concerned about the woman).......he knocked on the travel trailer as he approached the door.......no response.....he stepped on the porch adjacent to the door........she shot through the door with a 12 ga......his vest took most of it but two #4 pellets hit his left bicep......after a 3 hour standoff she gave up.....and they took her to the hospital for a mental eval....he was just here in the shop, back on duty with his left bicep bandaged........he really is one of the good guys.....

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Last night one of our deputies responded to a wellness call (family was concerned about the woman).......he knocked on the travel trailer as he approached the door.......no response.....he stepped on the porch adjacent to the door........she shot through the door with a 12 ga......his vest took most of it but two #4 pellets hit his left bicep......after a 3 hour standoff she gave up.....and they took her to the hospital for a mental eval....he was just here in the shop, back on duty with his left bicep bandaged........he really is one of the good guys.....
    Well, after the police departments are "re-imagined" (whatever the EFF that means...), they won't be sending cops for that nonsense. They will send some social worker that is not smart enough to get out from in front of the door in that situation. A few of those and it will be hard to hire social workers !

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Last night, there were little teaser posts saying that police had the shooter holed up in Compton/Linwood, wherever that is.
    I have seen no more updates, but was hopeful they'd catch the shooter. I am still curious to see if they are even 12 years old, based on size and the way he/she ran off.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The database developed by The Guardian is currently the largest database on fatal shootings available.[11] They gather data through police reports, monitoring of regional news, fact-checked witness statements and other crowdsourced police fatality databases.[12]

Number of deaths[edit]
    In 2016, The Guardian counted 1093 people[7] who were killed by the police in the United States. Out of these, 574 were white and 266 were black. 95 of the white victims were unarmed, while 42 of the black victims were unarmed.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Last night, there were little teaser posts saying that police had the shooter holed up in Compton/Linwood, wherever that is.
    I have seen no more updates, but was hopeful they'd catch the shooter. I am still curious to see if they are even 12 years old, based on size and the way he/she ran off.

the camera that filled the incident was a "fish eye" lens so distorted his size.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    the camera that filled the incident was a "fish eye" lens so distorted his size.
    Where did you find that? I don't buy it. It would have made for a tiny cop car, as he was right next to it. And it was the WAY he ran off that made me wonder. A fisheye lens is not gonna give a perp "kid run".

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Where did you find that? I don't buy it. It would have made for a tiny cop car, as he was right next to it. And it was the WAY he ran off that made me wonder. A fisheye lens is not gonna give a perp "kid run".

Oh let me go back and search 4 days of content.

have at it if you do not believe it. I personally do not care.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Officials described the gunman with a very general description given by one of the deputies who was shot. They are working to gather more information. The suspect was described only as “a dark-skinned male,” officials said during the press conference. They added a fisheye lens may have distorted the suspect’s height and weight in the video.

5 minutes turned up a result.

Top Bottom