• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Probably because he already decided to screw us.

He is not due for re-election until 2026.

He's 70 years old and was elected in 2002.

Maybe he is thinking about retiring?

Yeah....but how much damage will he do in the meantime?.....

Too bad there's not a way for the Texas Legislature to pass a binding resolution that Cornyn no longer officially represents Texas and request that a replacement Senator be seated....
    ARJ Defense ad

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This is the response I received yesterday. We are on a first name basis now :)

Gary --

Like so many people in Texas and across the country, I can’t stop thinking about the 19 children and two teachers who were killed in Uvalde along with all those injured. I continue asking myself: how do we prevent this from happening again?

I want to be clear from the beginning: I am not in support of restricting or limiting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

What I am for is targeted action to expand mental health resources, enhance school safety, and keep guns out of the hands of those who already can’t legally have them.

In other words, we need to enforce the existing laws we have.

According to reports, the Uvalde shooter was isolated. He harmed himself. He had a history of fighting, threatening fellow students, and abusing animals.

These are textbook signs of someone who could pose a threat, but these signs were ignored and we saw the tragic consequences.

We need to do more to support those who struggle with emotional or mental health problems. That’s something I believe all Texans can agree on.

Another big issue is school safety. The shooter should never have been able to gain access to Robb Elementary School.

School districts need additional resources to evaluate their security measures and make needed improvements. No one should be able to walk through a door and access a classroom so easily.

Improving safety also means reviewing current protocol, developing best practices, and potentially increasing the number of school resource officers.

Gary, I want to reiterate that I simply will not support any proposal that infringes on the rights of law-abiding gun owners in Texas or across the country.

I believe we can address some of the failures that allowed the tragedies in Uvalde, Buffalo, and elsewhere to take place, while also protecting the Second Amendment for millions of law-abiding gun owners.

While the Senate continues with bipartisan talks on these issues, I want to know where you stand. If you have a moment, please answer the brief question below.

For Texas,

John
    That letter could seem to indicate he is receiving a lot of negative feedback from constituents.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    This is the response I received yesterday. We are on a first name basis now :)

Gary --

Like so many people in Texas and across the country, I can’t stop thinking about the 19 children and two teachers who were killed in Uvalde along with all those injured. I continue asking myself: how do we prevent this from happening again?

I want to be clear from the beginning: I am not in support of restricting or limiting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
    I received that same canned response.

ac130abovegetdown

It’s our God given right to own and carry firearms
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    SATX
    Senator John Cornyn is negotiating with the democrats on gun control right now. I sent him a message through his website Cornyn's Contact Page urging him not to cave to the democrats on gun control. The democrats create a crisis with woke ideas and soft on crime policies and then move in on our guns making us vulnerable to the very criminals that they refuse to prosecute. Please take a moment to let him know that he will lose your vote if he caves.
    I sent John a message. I made sure to make it formal so they can understand it, and no overlook it...

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-bipartisan-framework-gun-control

Doesn't sound good. And they may have enough RINO's on board to get to 60 votes.

From TFA:

""This an agreement on principles, not legislative text. The details will be critical for Republicans, particularly the firearms-related provisions. One or more of these principles could be dropped if the text is not agreed to," a GOP aide involved with the negotiations told Fox News."

So nothing firm yet. The link I posted in the Uvalde thread has more tangible info, but yeah, it does sound like something is incoming, so write your Senators and make sure they know we won't tolerate any of this crap.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Remember we will have to pass it to see what is in it! Wink! Wink!

Messed up that a person has to go to a foreign website to get the rest of the story. The first three were found on other sites and were the normal talking points.

1) Juvenile records of gun buyers under age 21 available when they undergo background checks. Someone mentioned that not all states treat juvenile records the same.
    2) Offer money to states to implement “red flag” laws. I am sure this is going to be abused.
    3) Bolster school safety and mental health programs.

The below wasn't mentioned in the "other news articles"!

"And it would take other steps, including requiring more people who sell guns obtain federal dealers’ licenses, which means they would have to conduct background checks of purchasers."

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    "And it would take other steps, including requiring more people who sell guns obtain federal dealers’ licenses, which means they would have to conduct background checks of purchasers.

“Right now we have people who are practically dealers, but they’re kind of viewed as hobbyists or various other categories,” Tillis told McClatchy last week as he disclosed details of the package he was negotiating with Murphy, Sinema and Cornyn."

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    "And it would take other steps, including requiring more people who sell guns obtain federal dealers’ licenses, which means they would have to conduct background checks of purchasers.

“Right now we have people who are practically dealers, but they’re kind of viewed as hobbyists or various other categories,” Tillis told McClatchy last week as he disclosed details of the package he was negotiating with Murphy, Sinema and Cornyn."
    It will be interesting to see how they make a cut off for this (amount sold in X amount of time?) and if they streamline getting an FFL. I know a couple of guys that have considered the FFL, but just didn't want to deal with all the paperwork.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Just found another devil in the details, WTF is a "Boyfriend Loophole"?

"The gun deal would also close what’s called the “boyfriend loophole,” meaning that domestic abusers would not be able to purchase a gun if they were convicted of abuse against their partner."

So what makes this different than the "The Lautenberg Amendment which expressly prohibits those who are convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors from purchasing or own firearms"

Have they written so many laws that they don't enforce that they forgot about this one?

Did we compromise by giving them something they already had?

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Did we compromise by giving them something they already had?
    Compromise is something that has never been done in 88 years of gun control. Our 2A rights get more and more restricted, never the other way around.

ARFcom asked this, and I've been saying it for years -- if you actually demand compromise of the anti-2A crowd, you'll expose the fact that they're liars who will never compromise.

"OK, you want these enhanced background checks for the under-21 buyers, we want suppressors and SBRs off the NFA"

That would fly like a lead balloon, because they have plenty of RINOs stupid enough to agree to their demands in exchange for nothing.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Compromise is something that has never been done in 88 years of gun control. Our 2A rights get more and more restricted, never the other way around.

ARFcom asked this, and I've been saying it for years -- if you actually demand compromise of the anti-2A crowd, you'll expose the fact that they're liars who will never compromise.

"OK, you want these enhanced background checks for the under-21 buyers, we want suppressors and SBRs off the NFA"

That would fly like a lead balloon, because they have plenty of RINOs stupid enough to agree to their demands in exchange for nothing.
    Yep, and Ok, so you want to keep your schools funded? Make 'em teach marksmanship and gun safety and self-defense.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Hey John,
    1655120253500.png

1655120283637.png

1655120318506.png

1655120359887.png

1655120450273.png

FossilBackpacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I just sent this to him, but someone was correct in saying that he doesn't care. To John Cornyn: "I see that you are one of the 10 Republicans supporting new gun laws. This shows just how far out of touch you are from your constituents and reality. We already have laws on the books making what happened at the schools illegal. Since they continue to occur, it is plain to any logical thinking person that bad people ignore these laws. No matter how strongly worded they are, only honest people will obey any gun law and your puffing out your chest looking like you are actually doing something positive is a joke and makes me believe you are a fool. If you continue to support whatever lies comes out of committee, you will never get my vote again. You can and will be defeated. I suggest that you re-evaluate your position and get right with Texas."

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Top Bottom