• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Certainly, this dog is not a threat to anyone at this point. You would be breaking several laws to harm this animal and in most places you have already broken several laws by unholstering your gun. Would you pull your gun on the police officer that walked on your lawn?
    You don't know the situation, sheriff said I had the right to shoot it. And it wasn't the first time. Both times I was told I could have but I didn't. When I asked the sheriff why he didn't, he said too much paperwork!

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Regardless of the breed of the dog, if it attacks, it is because a neglegent owner (handler) allowed it to.
    Pretty much like a gun. If the gun in your hand kills someone, it is because the negligent owner (operator) allowed it to.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Wow, I had no idea guns were living creatures with brains and could decide to attack on their own.

Wait, that sounds just like a leftist talking point…

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Certainly, this dog is not a threat to anyone at this point. You would be breaking several laws to harm this animal and in most places you have already broken several laws by unholstering your gun. Would you pull your gun on the police officer that walked on your lawn?
    Ive killed atleast 10 aggressive stray pitbulls since I moved to Fannin 5 years ago. Every single one of those dogs were capable of great violence

I drew the line at one chasing my pregnant wife from our mailbox so I disagree 10000000% with your statement that a dog at the distance in that photo isnt capable of great bodily harm.

This also reminds of my last incident a few years back where I was in my garage with the door open and 3 shitbulls came bounding towards me. I shot the biggest one 3 fcking times with 00 buckshot before it went down. Dogs not a threat my ass. They can close that distance in a heartbeat when they are on the hunt for innocent people

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There are just too many incidents involving these dogs. Reports come in from all across the country practically every day.
    My brother's kids had a toy dachsund that, literally, was ripped in half by a couple of loose pits.
    Poor kids got to witness that shit.
    My own daughter got charged by one. Damn dog would of got her too if I hadn't of been there.
    Long ago when I was a kid a local rancher had a herd of Barbados sheep penned up. Some pits got in and killed the entire bunch. Just ripped them up. Didn't eat them. Just killed them.
    Sorry. they don't get a doggy pass any more.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    facepalm.JPG

Images in the photo are closer than they appear.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    My best friend;

15ee4a936c66e7b332686c014b74de0c.jpg

None of y'all gonna face him off leaah. Rescued him a month ago. Knew I was bringing him home in less than a minute. My story: great dog that is easy to ruin.

So, two walks a day and I open carry. Neighbors didn't do the fence thing when I brought him home. That's changing: he's been stalked by pairs of dogs several times. I actually unholstered on day one while I forcefully commanded a male sheepdog/female pit mix to "go home." Between my commanding voice and his 75 lbs of "try me, " we have thwarted contact with the loose mongrels. Morning walks go east; afternoon walks go west. The loose dogs are rare now 'cause my schedule is consistent. He's not allowed to respond to idiot dogs fenced on their own property.

He's not my first Pit Bull. I love the breed. I think folks that abuse them are vicious criminals. But, I shared all that to say @MTA has my support. Respect for defending your family and your home. Nevermind a charging Pit's intentions; hope those that set them loose find similar resolution. Mine stays leashed when off my property and not at the dog park.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    My best friend;

15ee4a936c66e7b332686c014b74de0c.jpg

None of y'all gonna face him off leaah. Rescued him a month ago. Knew I was bringing him home in less than a minute. My story: great dog that is easy to ruin.

So, two walks a day and I open carry. Neighbors didn't do the fence thing when I brought him home. That's changing: he's been stalked by pairs of dogs several times. I actually unholstered on day one while I forcefully commanded a male sheepdog/female pit mix to "go home." Between my commanding voice and his 75 lbs of "try me, " we have thwarted contact with the loose mongrels. Morning walks go east; afternoon walks go west. The loose dogs are rare now 'cause my schedule is consistent. He's not allowed to respond to idiot dogs fenced on their own property.

He's not my first Pit Bull. I love the breed. I think folks that abuse them are vicious criminals. But, I shared all that to say @MTA has my support. Respect for defending your family and your home. Nevermind a charging Pit's intentions; hope those that set them loose find similar resolution. Mine stays leashed when off my property and not at the dog park.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If the owners of the dogs in the OP had done things as right as you are doing them, the old man would still be alive. Thank you for doing what you're doing, with the choices you've made.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    owning most large breed dogs are a Bigger responsibility than owing a cocker spaniel
    Not really on topic, but it depends on English or American Cockers. American cockers - I'll give you that, English cockers - they're a different story. I've been around scores of them and owned several, all of which were trained hunting dogs. They can be the most hard headed dogs I've been around other than pointers. I'd agree, neither would kill you though.

I've known a few great pit bulls, but I'm wary as hell about any of them not controlled.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Small fast target... if an armed person (much larger, slower target) was trespassing and acting aggressive standing there I sure as heck would have my pistol drawn.

You clearly do not understand the law or what justifies threatening deadly force in Texas.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Not really on topic, but it depends on English or American Cockers. American cockers - I'll give you that, English cockers - they're a different story. I've been around scores of them and owned several, all of which were trained hunting dogs. They can be the most hard headed dogs I've been around other than pointers. I'd agree, neither would kill you though.

I've known a few great pit bulls, but I'm wary as hell about any of them not controlled.
    pit bulls often get an undeserved reputation because of incidents like these.most aggressive and vicious dog i ever encountered was a black lab!

Top Bottom