• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    From what I have read, 90% of toilet paper sold in the U.S. is made in the U.S. Should not see any effects from a strike.
    (If the strike had continued...) The port strike would lead to a surplus of trucking, which would lower the transport component of domestic goods. TP prices would go down, UNLESS people hoarded it out of ignorance and prices went up due to scarcity.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The agreement amounts to a $4-per-hour raise for each year of the six-year contract, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told CNN. That amounts to a first year raise of just over 10% of the current contract’s top pay of $39 an hour. With the five subsequent pay hikes it would raise wages by 62% over the life of the contract.

In 6 years, the robots will be ready to replace them.
    <>

Just in time for Schwab’s WEF scheduled “depopulation” of Earth ?

BTW, Schwab is mid 80’s & Soros mid 90’s. Hopefully they’ll depopulate themselves first !

<?>

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Just means they will hire anyone back that can fix automation.
    I know, used do that work, and on a good day the robots could keep up with the humans.
    On a bad day, the robots came to work drunk...

"Oh, once programmed, robots can repeat movements within a tenth of a millimeter"
    Bull shit !
    There was one new line at Continental that after 18 months it was still misplacing, crashing, or just plain being a pain in the ass. Thankfully, I'm retired now.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    The agreement amounts to a $4-per-hour raise for each year of the six-year contract, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told CNN. That amounts to a first year raise of just over 10% of the current contract’s top pay of $39 an hour. With the five subsequent pay hikes it would raise wages by 62% over the life of the contract.

Somewhere I read the Union took part of their health care away as well. Maybe to satisfy the wages?
    If so that will bite the workers in the ass pretty good.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I just remember that people wore their cloth masks for my safety, and then I’m not surprised when I read that people are buying up items that are made in the US and Canada, not transported on ships, after they hear about a strike that wasn’t going to have that much of an effect on them anyway.

KTXdm9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2024
    Katy, TX
    Just means they will hire anyone back that can fix automation.
    I know, used do that work, and on a good day the robots could keep up with the humans.
    On a bad day, the robots came to work drunk...

"Oh, once programmed, robots can repeat movements within a tenth of a millimeter"
    Bull shit !
    There was one new line at Continental that after 18 months it was still misplacing, crashing, or just plain being a pain in the ass. Thankfully, I'm retired now.
    In for vids of the drunk robots. :laughing:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sadly,I’m beginning to suspect that “TRUTH Social” may not be the wonderful free-speech site we thought it was.
    You could say anything on Telegram but the founder now says he's going to cooperate more with law enforcement...whatever that means.

Maybe somebody needs to start a new, uncensored platform for TP-Hoarders. They just need a memorable URL, I guess.

Top Bottom