Not open for further replies.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll make this brief.

Had the occasion to be on a city bus that broke down in Austin.

Driver tries to restart multiple times as we sit in the middle lane on a busy street downtown...concludes it must be out of gas.

Radios dispatch or whoever...waiting waiting, bus is getting hot, we are all going to be late for our connection...waiting waiting, crack some windows, waiting for another bus to come.

So, guy approaches driver, "hey can I get out". Driver responds "no I can't let you out, it's too dangerous to let you out into traffic". Guy says "Oh, OK and sits down".

I tell guy, you want off the bus, get off the bus. Wait for no traffic or a red light and get out!

People are grumbling that she won't let them off...waiting, waiting...going to be late for connection...I get into an argument with a guy who was bitching about not being allowed off bus, told him "a city employee cannot hold you against your will. We are all adults and can leave the bus if we want to, go ahead!" It's to the point where we get off the bus now or miss our connection...

About this time a mechanic shows up, goes to back of bus with paper towels...I was skeptical, comes back and asked driver "what happened?"

I said to myself, screw this, and step into the doorway, look for traffic, then exit the bus like a reverse Rosa Parks.

As I walked away from the bus I looked back a few times, no one else got off the bus, because the government employee told them not to.

People are sheep.
    Lynx Defense

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Technically that is incorrect.

People are of the Primate order and sheep are of the Artiodactyla order.

Also humans are omnivores while sheep are herbivores.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Because they were told not to, or because they were actually too lazy to walk?

Also, they have been conditioned to sit and bitch while waiting for someone to save them. Perfect opportunity to be a victim.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    you should have whipped out your pecker and started peeing everywhere, and then defecated in a corner. Everyone woulda been allowed to leave at that point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's cool you took a stand and snuck off the bus when they weren't looking.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    you should have whipped out your pecker and started peeing everywhere, and then defecated in a corner. Everyone woulda been allowed to leave at that point.

Now, now, that's a little drastic for Austin. All BC had to do was light up a cigarette and everyone would have bailed. Including the driver, even though the captain is supposed to go down with the ship.

am I right?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    i feel like maybe they actually would have put up with the defecating and urinating, as BC would have only been expressing his artistic side.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    figured they would have started bailing off the bus after you stepped off, all they needed was someone to follow. Really surprised no one got off after you led the way. Strange....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom