• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    What if the suspect is/was "intellectually disabled" and was lost and thought that was his home? Lots of arguments can be made either way.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    What if the suspect is/was "intellectually disabled" and was lost and thought that was his home? Lots of arguments can be made either way.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
    He's not anymore.....

I work with ID students that have been through the legal system. Except for the severely ID (which would have supervision), they still know right from wrong. And they can still be dangerous if they choose to be.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    She's safely locked in her house, no word of him threatening her, or trying to break in, and she shoots through the wall of her house.

Is it really justified?

Good thing it wasn't a cop doing a welfare check at the wrong address.
    You did notice the 6’ fence in the news photo, right? Not like dick in hand dead guy could have claimed he accidentally walked into yard.

VNK971

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Mico, TX
    Plenty of precedent for this. Joseph Anderson in Pflugerville about 10 years ago.
    Had to look this one up. I found a good quote in the comments for the article:

"Tip for Old Men: If you feel threatened by someone outside of your house, call the police. Stay quiet. If they force their way in, you can kill them legally and gleefully. In that case, pick your targets carefully, take time to aim, and use a big enough round to do the job.

Tip for Young Men: Don't mess with old men. They know they can't fist fight with you, so they are just as likely to kill you dead. Chances are, the law will back them up. Leave them alone, don't let your ego get you killed."

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Had to look this one up. I found a good quote in the comments for the article:

"Tip for Old Men: If you feel threatened by someone outside of your house, call the police. Stay quiet. If they force their way in, you can kill them legally and gleefully. In that case, pick your targets carefully, take time to aim, and use a big enough round to do the job.

Tip for Young Men: Don't mess with old men. They know they can't fist fight with you, so they are just as likely to kill you dead. Chances are, the law will back them up. Leave them alone, don't let your ego get you killed."
    Half of that is good advice. The other half is liberal horseshit. With 911 response times in the Travis County/Austin Area now exceeding double digits, waiting for a clear and obvious threat to breach your hope is a terrible idea if the laws of your state clearly dictate you don’t have to.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Damn!

So, she evidently shot multiple times through her wall?

"Fearing for her safety, the woman shot the man through the wall with a rifle.
    The man sustained gunshot wounds to his torso"

Is this going to work out well for her?
    She was inside, he was outside, and she feared for her life?
    On the surface I think "good".

Then I really process what happened. He could have been completely innocent of any ill will.

Maybe he was grabbing his dog that got off the leash, popped up in front of the window to head home, and she shot him. Maybe he heard something inside and went to see if someone needed help. Could have been many reasons why he was innocently there.

I guess he had to be there for a few moments for her to grab a gun and get a couple shots off. But if he was really peering inside why didn't he see her with the rifle?

But yeah, through the wall? She was in no danger.

Don't get me wrong, if he was a peeping tom then good riddance.

Seeing his criminal history will probably tell me a lot. A few more details would help too.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    16F39FC1-DF87-4098-901C-724C53F734DD.jpeg
    Notice the fence. He did not “accidentally” wander in front of the window.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    View attachment 276523 Notice the fence. He did not “accidentally” wander in front of the window.

9b295dbd7e0d8e7116364e07f26388df.jpg

While I certainly don’t disagree with you. It all depends on who is sitting in the jury box should it go that far. Last year’s “Mostly peaceful protests” serve as a prime example of how skewed public perception can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If there is someone in my backyard, and they have not threatened me, or made any attempt to get in my house, I can legally shoot them through the wall?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If there is someone in my backyard, and they have not threatened me, or made any attempt to get in my house, I can legally shoot them through the wall?
    Is it day time or night? Are they committing criminal mischief or about to commit criminal mischief?
    Are they stealing something? Are they about to commit arson?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Do you believe that person is committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    All she did was do what Sleepy Joe Biden told her to do. Two blasts right through the door/wall. If she is charged and and goes to court, I think the "The President of the United States told me to do it that way." defense might work out for her.

He didn't say anything about shooting through a wall/door.

Top Bottom