Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Just so I got this straight.
    You ordered an empty carton from PSA.
    UPS discarded said empty carton.
    Now panties all twisted about empty carton.
    :stir::green::banana:

Sorry couldn’t help myself.
    UPS does great until they don’t.
    It probably would have been better if they had delivered the damaged empty package claim wise.

Nofir55

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    Last order to Palmetto State Armory. Attached below is the tracking information from UPS. I emailed PSA right after I saw this from UPS. . No response from PSA to my email. Today I called, long hold then PSA says UPS never notified them, and said they will send a claim notice to UPS today. 7 days after UPS informs PSA the package was " empty and discarded".
    Now PSA will " start the process, it will take up to 10 days". Really? Start the process, its done, package destroyed per UPS.
    PSA is great! Never a problem till you have a problem.

UPS TRACKING
    Last Updated: 09/11/2024 12:51 PM
    Shipment Details
    Shipment Progress
    09/11/2024
    12:51 PM
    All merchandise is missing and the empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender.
    Arlington, TX US
    09/05/2024
    07:40 AM
    Arrived at Facility
    Arlington, TX US
    09/05/2024
    06:39 AM
    Departed from Facility
    Mesquite, TX US
    09/05/2024
    06:16 AM
    Arrived at Facility
    Mesquite, TX US
    09/04/2024
    07:28 PM
    Departed from Facility
    Nashville, TN US
    09/04/2024
    01:24 PM
    Arrived at Facility
    Nashville, TN US
    09/04/2024
    11:10 AM
    Departed from Facility
    Knoxville, TN US
    09/04/2024
    06:56 AM
    Arrived at Facility
    Knoxville, TN US
    09/04/2024
    01:49 AM
    Departed from Facility
    West Columbia, SC US
    09/03/2024
    01:50 PM
    Arrived at Facility
    West Columbia, SC US
    09/02/2024
    12:03 PM
    Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
    US
    sounds like an evil prank..

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    So ... UPS lost your parcel sometime after 740A on 9/5. Six days later they promise to contact the sender about 1pm on September 11. You have a beef with PSA without any confirmation that UPS did, in fact, eventually or ever contact PSA. Judging by the love of transactional record keeping demonstrated, UPS will enter a record of actual contact in that record if or when it happens.

Shift your Beef. UPS sat with zero update for 6 days before promising to notify PSA at some future time. PSA tells you they hadn't been notified, but they're on it now. No reason to lie.

Sucks that some thief picked on your delivery. It was in UPS custody. Why do they need 10 days?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    UPS sent verification they notified PSA to me, but they waited 6 days from the " event". PSA did nothing till called. PSA said 10 to 15 days, not 10. Why, because " that is our policy".

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    20 years ago, when I was selling a LOT of limited slip differentials on eBay, that I was importing out of Japan, I would occasionally buy one stateside when I found it listed poorly, and I could still make a profit on it.
    Had one coming in from somewhere across the country, and it vanished like that at the local hub.
    I raised all sorts of hell as soon as it wasn't delivered the next day, and they were saying it was lost.
    After about 10 nasty phone calls over the next few days, and me e-mailing pictures, they stumbled out of their office, and found it.
    I am no longer in that business, but I still am 100% on top of anything that I have headed this way.

Remember 3 things:
    The early bird gets the worm,
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease,
    and always insist on seeing the damaged packing !

Side note, after getting out of the tuner car parts business around 2016, I accepted a job at UPS in plant maintenance.
    The amount of parts, pieces, and product sitting around that automated hub was shocking !
    Car struts, nuts, bolts, thousands of small things like promotional pens, jewelry, etc., laying around, and stuck in equipment was absolutely mind blowing.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Again, I don't see PSA's culpability in this. It's not their fault that the package was stolen/lost in transit, and I am sure they will make things right; but expecting them to immediately send a second firearm before researching the problem is a bit unrealistic. Do you expect them to presume UPS did their due diligence in trying to locate the stolen item? It's not like their facilities don't have video surveillance...

Honestly, your beef should be with UPS as they are the ones that caused this situation, not PSA!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Exactly, they did not start anything. After being told by UPS on the 11th they sat with their head up their ass. I emailed PSA on the 12th. They still sat with their head up their ass until the 17th. Then, when the customer ( me) called, to see why they had sat with their heads up their ass, they started the process.
    Is waiting for a complaint call to trigger an inevitable claim process any form of quality control? It should be a rote function and process, in response to a shipper informing the seller, there was a failure in transport.

It is on both, UPS screwed up. PSA sat on thier hands until the customer called.

There is nobody but you watching your package specifically. Even when the loss occurred, UPS didn't get on the phone and call PSA to notify them. UPS will ultimately just issue a credit on their monthly statement for the loss. Most of the time what needs to happen is exactly what happened - they wait for the customer to notify the vendor, who then files the claim with UPS, waits for confirmation, and then waits for the credit to (hopefully) appear on the invoice. In the mean time, the vendor ships out a replacement on their dime to make the customer whole.

The timing is exactly what I'd expect, PSA took your call, started the claim and waited for UPS to verify the package was lost and won't make it to the destination, then shipped out your replacement.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Again, I don't see PSA's culpability in this. It's not their fault that the package was stolen/lost in transit, and I am sure they will make things right; but expecting them to immediately send a second firearm before researching the problem is a bit unrealistic. Do you expect them to presume UPS did their due diligence in trying to locate the stolen item? It's not like their facilities don't have video surveillance...

Honestly, your beef should be with UPS as they are the ones that caused this situation, not PSA!
    I must disagree. Focusing on UPS is lame and non-productive, their part is done, and nothing can change that. Focusing on the bottle neck has a potential to alleviate the problem sooner. I contacted the bank, verified I could reverse the charge, they suggested contacting PSA , speak to a manager, lay down ultimatum. Said to stress that they can and will do it now, no excuses stand. I called. After full disclosure of what was going to happen, he agreed to refund immediately. As one of our members said, squeaky wheel.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    There is nobody but you watching your package specifically. Even when the loss occurred, UPS didn't get on the phone and call PSA to notify them. UPS will ultimately just issue a credit on their monthly statement for the loss. Most of the time what needs to happen is exactly what happened - they wait for the customer to notify the vendor, who then files the claim with UPS, waits for confirmation, and then waits for the credit to (hopefully) appear on the invoice. In the mean time, the vendor ships out a replacement on their dime to make the customer whole.

The timing is exactly what I'd expect, PSA took your call, started the claim and waited for UPS to verify the package was lost and won't make it to the destination, then shipped out your replacement.
    Bull , see above, it is done

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Just happy to get this closed. PSA is great, if nothing goes wrong, How they deal with issues is disjointed and sloppy. Piss poor.
    I think I get you now. Did I get this right ... dummies need to raise prices so they can hire more professional staff in the shipping department and still have enough profits floating to cover mistakes made downstream in the delivery chanel in stead of investigating/confirming the downstream failures?

They gonna have to change their entire business model for you bro. Maybe it makes sense. But I like their fair profits, deal delivery focus plenty. Have you tried their sister company, brick & mortar? I hear their shipping is fast, reliable and free - worth a looksie maybe.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    I think I get you now. Did I get this right ... dummies need to raise prices so they can hire more professional staff in the shipping department and still have enough profits floating to cover mistakes made downstream in the delivery chanel in stead of investigating/confirming the downstream failures?

They gonna have to change their entire business model for you bro. Maybe it makes sense. But I like their fair profits, deal delivery focus plenty. Have you tried their sister company, brick & mortar? I hear their shipping is fast, reliable and free - worth a looksie maybe.

PSA fanboy, bro? It can all be handled with quality programming. I got ya, nobody should complain, or they will raise prices.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I must disagree. Focusing on UPS is lame and non-productive, their part is done, and nothing can change that. Focusing on the bottle neck has a potential to alleviate the problem sooner. I contacted the bank, verified I could reverse the charge, they suggested contacting PSA , speak to a manager, lay down ultimatum. Said to stress that they can and will do it now, no excuses stand. I called. After full disclosure of what was going to happen, he agreed to refund immediately. As one of our members said, squeaky wheel.

Disagree all you want, but PSA wasn't the cause of the problem and your expectations that they immediately correct the problem UPS caused is unrealistic.

They are well known for taking care of their customers and I am sure they will do the same for you despite your negative attitude towards them.

Unless you requested and paid for insurance on the firearm, their liability ended when it was put in UPS' hands.

UPS should be the ones responsible for replacing the lost firearm, not PSA!

It speaks highly of PSA for doing so, and less on you for demanding they do so!

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Disagree all you want, but PSA wasn't the cause of the problem and your expectations that they immediately correct the problem UPS caused is unrealistic.

They are well known for taking care of their customers and I am sure they will do the same for you despite your negative attitude towards them.

Unless you requested and paid for insurance on the firearm, their liability ended when it was put in UPS' hands.

UPS should be the ones responsible for replacing the lost firearm, not PSA!

It speaks highly of PSA for doing so, and less on you for demanding they do so!
    Yes, you are correct, never disagree with the status quo. PSA is perfect just the way they are. There is no room for improvement. So let it be written! Another great military mind, who does not seek to correct or improve, when an issue arises.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    PSA fanboy, bro?

You got me pegged. But more generally ... fan boy for all the budget reasonable pew suppliers.

And big enough to admit to my share of misplaced blame/attribution biases. Plenty of examples me pressuring the folks I had leverage over to solve problems they did not cause. Leverage is a scarce resource.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    You got me pegged. But more generally ... fan boy for all the budget reasonable pew suppliers.

And big enough to admit to my share of misplaced blame/attribution biases. Plenty of examples me pressuring the folks I had leverage over to solve problems they did not cause. Leverage is a scarce resource.

Agreed, completely.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Mostly agree with @majormadmax, except...
    All you need is one person in the shipping department to do a less than adequate packing job, and that shipment will come apart.
    When I was an eBay whore, we (my son & I) were shipping around 10 packages a day, of very rare, expensive electronics, and engine, drivetrain, and suspension parts.
    I couldn't afford to lose a shipment.
    Our basic motto was to pack well enough so the item could fall out the back of the truck, while in motion, and survive, or in an instance like I observed while I was at UPS, a conveyor jam at the top of the automated, causing packages to drop several levels.
    Sometimes I receive a package, that someone who gave a s#it at UPS would stop, and retape a package coming to me.
    To those people, who ever they were, you have my thanks. They probably didn't get paid any more than the the low-life that would just let the box go on by.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes, you are correct, never disagree with the status quo. PSA is perfect just the way they are. There is no room for improvement. So let it be written! Another great military mind, who does not seek to correct or improve, when an issue arises.

OK Karen!

1726677902784.png

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom