• ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You need a thermometer\probe.

We have one and we'll use it on the next batch of 5 pounds of legs.

The second batch of chicken legs was prepared with the same Olive Oil, vegetable spray, margarine and lemon pepper but we turned the legs to ensure that the bottom parts were well seasoned.

NOTE: we added NO water at any time.

I just heard the pressure vent on the second batch. Stay tuned.........

OK, Back.
    The second batch came out looking great but applying seasoning to the bottom of the pieces seemed to have no effect. Just putting the legs on the rack and applying the seasoning and oil seemed to be enough.

Actual center of the meat temperature was 186 degrees as measured by a digital thermometer probe. The thermometer lists 180 degrees as the "done" point on internal poultry temperature.

The meat was very moist all the way to the bone, there was no red color and temperature was right. Conclusion? Perfect!

Bonnie is making gravy with the juices. She said the results were "wonderful".

I stress that there is NO hammering, scraping or elbow grease to clean the oven. It is a wipe down only!

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I like Cane's. Nothing like it here in the north.
    Hey, nothing there to like, its a dead chicken they tossed in a fryer with some salt and pepper on it (maybe). You come down S Tex and I grew up eating fried chicken with a side of jalapeños. Don't get me wrong, its not bad, its good, but is really flavorless.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    The chicken to avoid is Cane's! First thing is they not only do not have a 'spicy' but don't even sell Jalapeno's in the joint. Chicken tastes good but has no real flavor just plain-o chicken, no seasoning, no nothing. Avoid!!!

Hush that fuss!!! I had lunch at Raising Cane's TODAY ! It was BOGO on the Combo meal today...yum. I'll admit the chicken is a touch underseasoned, hence the spicy secret sauce(I'm a honey mustard guy, but not theirs). Cole slaw is sweet, so is the iced tea. Breading is pretty skinny, not like Bush's. I try not to eat fries; but Cane's has some good ones! I think one key is to eat in the restaurant...less excitement when the meal is re-heated or cold. No peppers needed for this guy!

We have a new chicken tenders place called PDQ...more salads and turkey is on the menu. They are crazy enough to put BLUEBERRIES in their cole slaw!!!

The chicken wars continue!!!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bonnie and I are both retired so we can't afford to eat in restaurants. We need to cook at home but we require that our cooking creates:
    !) Big batches of food so we have leftovers.
    2) Is quick and easy with minimal cleanup.

Flash

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Bonnie is making gravy with the juices. She said the results were "wonderful".

Where do the juices go with such a quick and easy wipe down afterward? Is there a grease catch tray in the bottom?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Is there a grease catch tray in the bottom?

Yes, the roasting rack fits into a pan at the bottom. All the juices were collected and the oven was a wipe down to clean.

I saw a few specks on the oven door glass....that's it. Bonnie showed me the the bottom pan. There was nothing crusty or hard to clean on any part of it.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I noticed that many of the posts don't have anything to do with the OP. let me make this clear........

I started this thread to talk about a product that we are having wonderful results with! If you guys want to discuss related topics it is PERFECTLY OK WITH ME! Post, have fun and no offense is taken nor intended! We'll wander back to the OP eventually! I wish some of the tight asses around here had similar points of view.

There are many folks who get their shorts in a bunch over a "Hijack." I am not one of them. Hell, have a good time, maybe we'll discover some new knowledge, and have fun doing it! I've enjoyed this thread!

Back to the OP...........Presently, I am considering buying a Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven for MY house. Eventually, Bonnie will take her oven home and I'm beginning to like the thing!

Flash

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I noticed that many of the posts don't have anything to do with the OP. let me make this clear........

I started this thread to talk about a product that we are having wonderful results with! If you guys want to discuss related topics it is PERFECTLY OK WITH ME! Post, have fun and no offense is taken nor intended! We'll wander back to the OP eventually! I wish some of the tight asses around here had similar points of view.

There are many folks who get their shorts in a bunch over a "Hijack." I am not one of them. Hell, have a good time, maybe we'll discover some new knowledge, and have fun doing it! I've enjoyed this thread!

Back to the OP...........Presently, I am considering buying a Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven for MY house. Eventually, Bonnie will take her oven home and I'm beginning to like the thing!

Flash
    I agree with you on that. I used to teach Computer Science courses and on of them of an Intro course. I would tell my students that think of a huge library that has a bar inside of it...THAT is the internet. So sitting around and talking leads from one subject to another, just like at the dinner table.

So we started with Wolfman Jacks Pucked up pressure cooker, then I said I think some places cook chicken that way, which led to Popeye's, then Canes which was better (Popeyes of course) and now we are back to buying a Puckman Pressure Cooker, sounds good to me...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Life is too damned short to worry about such things. This is not MY thread....It is OUR thread!
    Have fun...it beats watching TV!

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Roasts are on the menu next. Gotta EAT some of this great food, first!.....snicker. The hallmark of this oven is that it keeps the meat moist. I can't wait!

Seriously, the Puck oven should do a fantastic job on roasts. The oven is at my house but Bonnie apparently took the cookbook/manual home with her. I tried to check out some of the roast recipes for you but the book was gone.

We'll brew up a roast soon and give a full report!

Flash

Last edited:

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Thanks for the review so far. I am quit intrigued buy the cooking method. Roasting under pressure in theory should retain more moisture.

This almost sounds perfect for some of my older tougher rabbits. I normally seer the older ones on the grill first then cook in my pressure cooker. It takes me 40-45 minutes to cook a rabbit my normal way. I light the grill and burner for pressure cooker, seer the rabbit and pressure cook it at 15psi for 30-35 minutes.

The Wolfgang only seems to get to 3-5 psi?, but it is roasting while under pressure right? I can't seem to find many pictures of the inside of the oven.

Are there exposed heating elements on the top or bottom? Or both?

Are there any air circulation fans in the oven?

If they are a quality product I could use it, if not my current method will work fine for me.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Pictures? My quota is full and no one can tell me how to delete some of the older pictures. Until then, I can post no pictures.

Yes, the Puck Oven maintains 1-5 psi and when it's vented, makes a real "whooshing" sound.

There is a top and a bottom heating element and suspect there is air circulation inside but it's very quiet while operating.

This one is Bonnie's but when she takes it home, I may get one for myself!

Here's their ad with videos. I was definitely NOT a believer but changed my tune! The darned thing works as well as they say and our turkey came out exactly like theirs!

http://www.puckoven.com/ps_b4/index.aspx?SID=GS_BR&gclid=CKCKhdeiqcICFYg-MgodtBgAIA

I am NOT selling these and have no connection to the company. I do not have any other way to display images as requested.

Flash

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Roasts are on the menu next. Gotta EAT some of this great food, first!.....snicker. The hallmark of this oven is that it keeps the meat moist. I can't wait!

Seriously, the Puck oven should do a fantastic job on roasts. The oven is at my house but Bonnie apparently took the cookbook/manual home with her. I tried to check out some of the roast recipes for you but the book was gone.

We'll brew up a roast soon and give a full report!

Flash
    So if we come to dinner at your place then we will get Pucked over?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You might get Pucked, but not Pucked over. I asked Bonnie if she thought I would swipe her oven. She said..."No, because I know you." I've always been a straight shooter and I'm too old to change, now!

I just looked in the refridge. There's enough ribs and chicken legs to feed a platoon of soldiers!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OK, I got Pucked, today! Thanks to Bonnie being adventurous enough to buy her Puck oven, I would have remained a "scoffer" about this product. So far, we cooked 3 huge meals in the oven and I am awash in wonderful food! This darned oven works so well that I had to have one of my own!

I set out today to snag one of these ovens. But I didn't want to risk shipping one in the Christmas smash & bash rush. I was willing to pay more for it if I could get my hands on one locally.

I tried Macy's....no luck. Penny's....no luck.

I tried Sears because they had been advertising them at $249 online. I found stock at two malls that were in places that I will not go.

Finally, I went back to Kohls knowing that $279 was their "sale" price and I'd need to eat about a $30 loss. I saw the manager who helped us buy the first oven and asked if he would "price match" the Sears price. He said "Sure!"

So they were rolling my oven out when they asked me if I had a Kohl's CC and offered me a 20% additional reduction for applying for the card. That took less than one minute. Strangely, the price rang up at $249 anyway so apparently there was a markdown in the past few days.

I do NOT use CC's and had exactly ZERO CC balance this morning. I've been looking at Calphalon cookware for some time and retiring my 40 year old Revere set was on my mind for over a year. I said "What the heck" and got the card with the 20% discount!

The sales guy said "Do not shop here without our coupons. The regular prices are not good. With the coupons, you will kick butt!" OK....I get it! I walked out of Kohls with the Puck Oven for $216!

They also gave me a coupon good from 12-9 to 12-17 for $40 off of any purchase. Holy crap, this is getting better by the minute! (That may help get my Calphalon.)

Then I asked about Bonnie's oven that sold at $279. The boss said "OK....Have her bring in her receipt and we'll refund the difference!" I called her and she's on the road, right now.

The day wasn't over yet!

Kroger advertised Spare Ribs, Pork shoulder roasts (8 pounds) Cut shoulder roasts all for $1.49/pound with my Kroger card! I snagged $40 worth of meat and got almost 50% off with my Kroger card!

I got home, cleaned out all the old crap from my freezer and placed the new meat in the freezer.

I do NOT need to be cooking any more food right now so I froze it all. But soon, we'll get going!

What a day!

Flash

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ