• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slammer13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2023
    Round Rock
    My experience so far, recently purchased a Palmetto AK GF3 underfolder in nutmeg. Beautiful, runs like a sewing machine, eats any old ammo. As accurate as I can make it, which is to say not very.

Will go "build" my 1st AR from them as soon as my wife funds allow.

Anyone want to share their experiences with PSA?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    They bought common sense to the AR market. You can pick up an AR for ~$350 that will do everything that 95% of people need it to do.

OUR MISSION IS TO MAXIMIZE FREEDOM, NOT OUR PROFITS. WE WANT TO SELL AS MANY AR-15 AND AK-47 RIFLES AS WE CAN AND PUT THEM INTO COMMON USE IN AMERICA TODAY. OUR FOCUS ISN'T TO MAKE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY BUT TO SPREAD FREEDOM AS FAR AND WIDE AS POSSIBLE. OUR LEGACY WILL NOT BE ABOUT MONEY; WE WANT OUR LEGACY TO BE ABOUT MAXIMIZING AMERICAN FREEDOM. AND WE WORK EVERY DAY TO DO JUST THAT. WE MAKE HIGH-QUALITY FIREARMS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES FOR EVERYONE! THEN WE BACK THEM WITH A FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY.​

That's their mission statement.

I've only bought one complete PSA firearm from them. A 9mm AR pistol. I've used a BUNCH of their lowers. I've got three compact Daggers and a full size frame on the way.

The neckbeard 35 year old LARPers living in mom's basement and using mom's credit card will poo poo them. That pretty much tells you they are doing a good job.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've bought various parts from them, everything has worked as it should so I don't have any complaints. If I were building a more "serious" AR pattern gun I might look to others, but for putting the hurt on some paper from 100 yards or so? They're just fine.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    They bought common sense to the AR market. You can pick up an AR for ~$350 that will do everything that 95% of people need it to do.

OUR MISSION IS TO MAXIMIZE FREEDOM, NOT OUR PROFITS. WE WANT TO SELL AS MANY AR-15 AND AK-47 RIFLES AS WE CAN AND PUT THEM INTO COMMON USE IN AMERICA TODAY. OUR FOCUS ISN'T TO MAKE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY BUT TO SPREAD FREEDOM AS FAR AND WIDE AS POSSIBLE. OUR LEGACY WILL NOT BE ABOUT MONEY; WE WANT OUR LEGACY TO BE ABOUT MAXIMIZING AMERICAN FREEDOM. AND WE WORK EVERY DAY TO DO JUST THAT. WE MAKE HIGH-QUALITY FIREARMS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES FOR EVERYONE! THEN WE BACK THEM WITH A FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY.​

That's their mission statement.

I've only bought one complete PSA firearm from them. A 9mm AR pistol. I've used a BUNCH of their lowers. I've got three compact Daggers and a full size frame on the way.

The neckbeard 35 year old LARPers living in mom's basement and using mom's credit card will poo poo them. That pretty much tells you they are doing a good job.
    they have definitely proliferated the ar15 across the country more effectively than any other company by far. Im at a point in my life where quality > quantity so I dont go for anything they offer really. Still support what they do though

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    they have definitely proliferated the ar15 across the country more effectively than any other company by far. Im at a point in my life where quality > quantity so I dont go for anything they offer really. Still support what they do though
    Oooh, look at Mr. Money Bags over here with the bougie AR. :laughing:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    heh I wish! My dream gucci AR is an LWRC but Id rather sink that money into another bolt gun or red dots for the pistols
    Do it.
    20230712_123135.jpg

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    My experience so far, recently purchased a Palmetto AK GF3 underfolder in nutmeg. Beautiful, runs like a sewing machine, eats any old ammo. As accurate as I can make it, which is to say not very.
    So what will it do with good ammo, like Hornady, Winchester, or Federal?
    There is an old saying: "Junk in, junk out".

Then there is also this, before I bought a case of 7.62x39 for my latest AR build, I watched two different reviews on it.
    First was a test by an AK owner, who had a negative review about how inaccurate it was, the second review was by an AR owner who said it was quite accurate.
    So, don't expect sub-minute groups out of an AK.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I have slapped together several AR's from PSA parts kits and lowers. I was somewhat surprised at the quality for the cost. Every one has been flawless, including a 9mm pistol, three 6.5 grendels, and several 5.56's in various forms. I think PSA has great products at a very fair price.

tmd1505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2023
    Austin, TX
    I had a couple GF3s, they ran fine. My AKV in 9mm was a nightmare. Recoil spring assembly disassembled itself the first range trip. Also had a problem with hammer follow or something along those lines, it's been awhile.

Top Bottom