• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    How about "My 1911 will kick your Glock's ass??

glockworks.gif

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Please try and avoid your cause:effect comparison here as to the "female governor". Why? Because most of the pro-gun community does not support OC in general. CHL debate and subsequent legislation took on a totally different political context vs. the current debate as to pro-OC. In other words, your attempt to equate CHL debate/legislation with calls for OC are in fact not equal.

I noticed that a couple pages back you asked for links and/or proof of a response stating that most of the pro-gun community supports OC. I'd like to ask you the same - show some links and/or proof of your statement that the majority don't support it.

You're OK with OC for those with a CC permit. Great. Truely glad to hear that. I'd appreciate your vote supporting statewide OC.

A question though: How would you propose to allow those who cannot afford a CC permit to be able to OC? I posted earlier on how it cost my wife & I approx. $700 to get CC permits - which is a big chunk of change for a lot of couples.

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    I noticed that a couple pages back you asked for links and/or proof of a response stating that most of the pro-gun community supports OC. I'd like to ask you the same - show some links and/or proof of your statement that the majority don't support it.

You're OK with OC for those with a CC permit. Great. Truely glad to hear that. I'd appreciate your vote supporting statewide OC.

A question though: How would you propose to allow those who cannot afford a CC permit to be able to OC? I posted earlier on how it cost my wife & I approx. $700 to get CC permits - which is a big chunk of change for a lot of couples.

How could it cost that much? heck the class is about $100. so $200 for two of yall. then the license is $150, that is $500 for yall. are you including the cost of handguns? ammo?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    How could it cost that much? heck the class is about $100. so $200 for two of yall. then the license is $150, that is $500 for yall. are you including the cost of handguns? ammo?

You have to factor in time off from work, babysitting, driving there, ammo, etc. If you really think about it, it adds up considerably.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx

Let us review and compare statistics as to signatures via the Texas OC Petition VS. number of CHL holders in the State of Texas = 65,000+ signatures on OC Petition vs. over 400,000 CHL holders. Would this shed light as to OC support in Texas?

Open Carry of Handguns in Texas - Signatures

Texas sees rush on concealed-gun license applications | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    You have to factor in time off from work, babysitting, driving there, ammo, etc. If you really think about it, it adds up considerably.

OK TXI, Go on saturday, no time off work. Lets say 20 for gas, and 20 for 50 rounds of ammo. Heck you can almost always get someone to babysit. but lets say 20 for baby sitting.

so now we are at 560. still not $700. But I may be spliting hairs (hares?) BTW....NOTICE: Lastshot just got his card!!!!!! yooohooo! Now I gotta go to Walmart and walkaround.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    OK TXI, Go on saturday, no time off work. Lets say 20 for gas, and 20 for 50 rounds of ammo. Heck you can almost always get someone to babysit. but lets say 20 for baby sitting.

so now we are at 560. still not $700. But I may be spliting hairs (hares?) BTW....NOTICE: Lastshot just got his card!!!!!! yooohooo! Now I gotta go to Walmart and walkaround.

only $20 for babysitting? The class is what? 8 or 10 hours long? Then you got to drive to the range, drive to and from the class. . . . and how much do you pay for babysitting? I got $7 an hour, and that was a while ago. Just saying. . . .

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    only $20 for babysitting? The class is what? 8 or 10 hours long? Then you got to drive to the range, drive to and from the class. . . . and how much do you pay for babysitting? I got $7 an hour, and that was a while ago. Just saying. . . .

whoa.... been a while since I had to pay fer a baby sitter.... Im showing my age I guess.

Top Bottom