• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have no interest in catching a bad guy. I can see where in a robbery situation it is a strategic advantage to have your weapon visible and possibly a very good deterrent.

On the other hand, if an asshat with mental problems walks into a theater or a school with intent to kill as many people as possible, he is not going to be deterred by open carry. He will just shoot them first while they are eating their lunch or watching a movie. I won't assume that I will always see the bad guy before he sees me. Could be tactical advantage to concealment.

I certainly don't want to catch him. I want to stay alive long enough to make sure he won't live another day.

I think my meaning by "catching them by surprise" was pretty obvious. As in, somebody tries to rob you and you catch them by surprise. The fact that you chose to twist it in to something else cements my opinion that you are just a troll. You don't really care what anyone says and nothing will change your mind.

You again imply that people are trying to be heroes with your theatre reference which has nothing to do with my post.

Go play somewhere else.
    ARJ Defense ad

Krw17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I really want to be able to open carry when stopping at a convenience store between two fields that I normally check for pigs. Other than that I will probably still conceal. Like others have pointed out though, guns aren't illegal and we have to get the government away from the idea that they need to somehow regulate their use. I feel the same way about knives. Why is a something over a six inch blade a problem and when does it become a machete and be legal again? Why is a short shotgun so much scarier? I can open carry an AR but not a 9mm pistol? Or best yet I could open carry an AR, but not if I change the buttstock to a "pistol" configuration. It's just silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I really want to be able to open carry when stopping at a convenience store between two fields that I normally check for pigs. Other than that I will probably still conceal. Like others have pointed out though, guns aren't illegal and we have to get the government away from the idea that they need to somehow regulate their use. I feel the same way about knives. Why is a something over a six inch blade a problem and when does it become a machete and be legal again? Why is a short shotgun so much scarier? I can open carry an AR but not a 9mm pistol? Or best yet I could open carry an AR, but not if I change the buttstock to a "pistol" configuration. It's just silly.

Because it is emotion based, like most liberal/progressive policies, based on the moment, with no thought for unintended consequence.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    For those folks that consider me a troll, a yankee, or a liberal. You are entitled to believe what you want.

As to the assertions that I am a yankee, a liberal, or other things, you are not right on any count.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I know what tactical means....

You mean like this? :cool:

blackhawk_map.jpg

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Lots of LEO didn't like that. Maybe because, technically, someone has to be proven to have broken a law, not ............. someone having to prove they didn't (technically). I'm a big supporter of LEO in general and have many friends working in several depts. around here, but most of them do not like seeing anyone with a firearm unless it's one of their own.

I see that as a major problem

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    You may not consider yourself a liberal. I call folks like you fake conservatives or Elmer fudds. They claim not to be a liberal yet they support restrictions on our constitutional rights.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    He's pretty young, maybe he's still trying to fight off the public school progressive indoctrination and the liberal landscape that comes with being a child who depends on parents for survival. And of course if you want to know it all, ask a teenager (or close in years to teenager). They know, quite literally, everything.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    A lot of people have already answered your original questions, Patch. I'm glad you found the answer you were looking for. As for you NOT supporting OC all I ask is that you think of it in this way...

Freedom is through some definitions the ability to make choices. When it comes to the enumerated rights enshrined in our Constitution regarding firearms, the choice to own, carry, and use them to protect those things which we hold dear "shall not be infringed". Restrictions are infringements. The supporters of open carry want ALL OF US to have our 2nd Amendment rights as outlined in our founding documents. If you choose not to OC then so be it but they want you to have the choice to do just that... or the inverse if you desire.

Getting behind the cause is beneficial for all of us regardless of whether or not we exercise that freedom. I'm sure you can get behind that, right?

Top Bottom