• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Doesn't being at the range qualify as participating in firearms related activities or something that allows open carry on private property.

At that point control of the property wouldn't matter because everyone participating in the event can legally OC.

Drawing from a fuzzy memory on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    since the employee is not participating in the sporting event, no.
    Target Sports

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    As much as I enjoy a good argument...11B Combat Vet got out of hand and eventually I saw BANNED on his forum name. Question..........if he was BANNED why was he allowed to keep stirring the pot?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He wasn't. All his posts will say that under the username after a ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When I am at the range teaching at the same time the owner is, I have the premises under my control. in fact, other employees and I have refused service to and kicked out people with the owner in her office and unaware.

I think I might have a more absolute vision of what constitutes control is all.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    txinvestigator are you making the point that when I go into a gun store and see all the employees open carrying weapons that all but one maybe two of them are in violation of the law?

I see it as a common practice at most gun stores here in Houston. I know Collectors Firearms employees do it along with Jim Pruitt's Guns and Ammo (Heck, those guys go next door to the doughnut shop carrying open all the time.)

Just curious.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Side note: We had a Frio County Sheriff come out on a call we made, and there were eight of us, armed, openly carrying handguns holstered, and several rifles. He didn't seem phased, or make any attempt to disarm or discourage such acts. Don't know if it;d be helpful here, but just thought I'd put it out there.
    The rifles are always ok... As for the handguns, it's probably not a big deal for the same reason why a gardner doesn't get arrested for carrying a machete on the job. However, to the best of my knowledge there's no exception in the law for carrying a tool for your job.

txinvestigator are you making the point that when I go into a gun store and see all the employees open carrying weapons that all but one maybe two of them are in violation of the law?

I see it as a common practice at most gun stores here in Houston. I know Collectors Firearms employees do it along with Jim Pruitt's Guns and Ammo (Heck, those guys go next door to the doughnut shop carrying open all the time.)
    Back a few pages before the shenanigans, it was stated that there is case law that supports open carry in gun stores and gun shows.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wow, I thought it was true.....that's why I was surprised to hear that open carry was legal.
    Of course I have not been to a gun show in close to 15 yrs.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am not arguing that at all.
    I see it as a common practice at most gun stores here in Houston. I know Collectors Firearms employees do it along with Jim Pruitt's Guns and Ammo (Heck, those guys go next door to the doughnut shop carryin open all the time.
    Just curious.
    That is illegal,, the donut store thing.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    In my area most shows are on govt. property
    Yup... I've never been to a public gun show that wasn't on govt. property, although I'm sure there are some that are out there. Plus it seems like very few people know how to display a proper 30.06 sign. Reference this thread: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-concealed-handgun-chl/30773-improper-no-guns-sign.html
    I can't recall seeing one that was both correct and at an enforceable location. I'm sure they are out there; I just don't get out much

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yup... I've never been to a public gun show that wasn't on govt. property, although I'm sure there are some that are out there. Plus it seems like very few people know how to display a proper 30.06 sign. Reference this thread: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-concealed-handgun-chl/30773-improper-no-guns-sign.html
    I can't recall seeing one that was both correct and at an enforceable location. I'm sure they are out there; I just don't get out much
    OK. I see your thought process now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom