• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Btw, I'm sure the LEOs on here can stick up for themselves if they feel something I've said resembles them.... just sayin'...

You're the one that made a general statement derogatory to LEO's. I'm sure they are all quite capable of sticking up for themselves. I just thought I'd point out the obvious to you, but apparently you're here to troll and elicit reaction. Bash away, I'll let them defend themselves.

11B Combat Vet

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    You're the one that made a general statement derogatory to LEO's. I'm sure they are all quite capable of sticking up for themselves. I just thought I'd point out the obvious to you, but apparently you're here to troll and elicit reaction. Bash away, I'll let them defend themselves.

Actually, I'm no troll. I just can't stand seeing a complete and utter lack of logic on the part of people that try and speak on things they think they know something about, but in my view, haven't given near enough thought to before offering free advice to everyone. It's even more surprising coming from people that claim to be conservatives when speaking about guns laws and how others in Texas should see them.

Put simply, to fail to understand that law is inherently convoluted and unfortunately open to interpretation in many cases is to completely misunderstand law, law enforcement, and really, the way of the world. People don’t seem to understand that law is based in logic. They argue their positions without bothering to consult it in the least.

The last thing someone like that should be doing is attempting to give definitive answers to complicated questions of law being asked in good faith by folks who genuinely want to learn more about it or are concerned with breaking it. Telling everyone to stay home, keep your guns hidden and don’t do anything to piss off LEOs is about the lamest position one can take. Why not read the law and consider it, rather than make knee-jerk assumptions as to its meaning based on a quick review of its literal meaning failing to put any thought into the true meaning… especially in cases where definitions are not clearly given to begin with. Lawyers would be out of work if laws were so final and crystal clear. To think otherwise is simply to be ignorant.

As far as LEOs on a freakin public board, I don't give a shit what people do for a living on here. I have friends that are city and county cops... who cares. I have a friend that works for the DEA, one that works for CID as an Officer, I have friends that are attorneys, some defense attorneys, some work for the State, relatives that work as attorneys, friends that are investigators for the State AG's Office.... shit, I’ve even worked in law enforcement…. who gives a ****..... certainly not you, and least of all me. It isn’t material.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Let me tell you something, sir. I've witnessed the justice system in Texas look the other way when they should have freakin' thrown the book at folks, and do it at extreme risk to law abiding citizens. If this law was in fact crystal clear (and it by no means is by any stretch of the imagination), there's nothing to convince me that a cop would do his freakin' job and arrest the offending person anyhow.... unless he caught the guy red-fucking-handed, pistol in hand, finger on the trigger.

It takes an act of God to get the help of law enforcement in Texas, and even more than that to get the DA to back it up on the rare occasion a cop does his job in the first place.

You're taking a very wide detour just to be rude. Knock it off, or TexasRedneck is right about the expected length of your tenure at this forum.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Dang, I remember how full of myself I was when I was in law school. Full of ideas about the notion of justice. Full of hypothetical fact situations that may or may not ever come to fruition. All that ended the first time I appeared in court in front of a real judge.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Put simply, to fail to understand that law is inherently convoluted and unfortunately open to interpretation in many cases is to completely misunderstand law, law enforcement, and really, the way of the world. People don’t seem to understand that law is based in logic. They argue their positions without bothering to consult it in the least.

Logic is not open to interpretation. Logic is objective. On the internet questions which can be answered objectively are easy to answer, and the person asking the question can do something with the information. Answering with "you can probably get away with it if your family agrees to lie for you" is not helpful. "X is not illegal" is not the same as "X is unlikely to result in prosecution". If you can't see the difference you should consider another profession.

11B Combat Vet

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    You're taking a very wide detour just to be rude. Knock it off, or TexasRedneck is right about the expected length of your tenure at this forum.

Now I'm being threatened for having an opinion by a Moderator? Good lord. If you think I made that up out of thin air just to piss you off personally, or any LEO creeping around on the forum, you'd be mistaken. If you haven't had the misfortune to experience this first hand, good for you, I'm glad things work out well for some people... but that doesn't diminish my experience, sir. I'd be more than happy to start seeing LEOs prove me wrong more often.

It was mentioned because, as everything else I've said here in good faith, my credibility and motivations are being questioned by all of the, what I'm sure are the "usual suspects". The Top Dogs on the board that "run the place", as it were. My bad for having a brain, opinion, and experiences of my own. I would have sooner expected the local forum LEO to attempt to put out that not all LEOs are the same or some such thing. Instead, only attacks and threats.

I'm very surprised, even a bit shocked.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Actually, it was you that started the 'tude...and continue it with your comments and BS. But, the good thing is.....it won't last long.

And that's a shame - because a GOOD debate and other ideas are good - and generally welcomed. It's when someone relatively new comes in and attacks others that they kinda become the Board Pinata....

11B Combat Vet

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Dang, I remember how full of myself I was when I was in law school. Full of ideas about the notion of justice. Full of hypothetical fact situations that may or may not ever come to fruition. All that ended the first time I appeared in court in front of a real judge.

I saw you were an attorney before you posted on this. I was just waiting for it, lol.

Well, I may only be a law student, but I wasn't born yesterday. I've seen how things work from the attorney's point of view, and if I've learned anything, it's that the reason you can make a living as an attorney is that the law is open to interpretation (as well as ripe for finding procedural errors made by the opposing counsel) and there are always opposing points of view. It seems it ends up being a question of a logical argument many times when the law is vague.

But I'm sure you know all of that and, if you're a successful attorney, are plenty good at interpreting the law and carefully choosing to argue based on specific circumstances.

So am I to assume (in the absence of any agreement from you with my view) that you also believe the law is crystal clear leaving no need to discuss it, let alone challenge it when someone comes in with some very matter-of-fact interpretations that seem to defy logic? (serious question)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Now I'm being threatened for having an opinion by a Moderator? Good lord. If you think I made that up out of thin air just to piss you off personally, or any LEO creeping around on the forum, you'd be mistaken. If you haven't had the misfortune to experience this first hand, good for you, I'm glad things work out well for some people... but that doesn't diminish my experience, sir. I'd be more than happy to start seeing LEOs prove me wrong more often.

It was mentioned because, as everything else I've said here in good faith, my credibility and motivations are being questioned by all of the, what I'm sure are the "usual suspects". The Top Dogs on the board that "run the place", as it were. My bad for having a brain, opinion, and experiences of my own. I would have sooner expected the local forum LEO to attempt to put out that not all LEOs are the same or some such thing. Instead, only attacks and threats.

Threatened, no. Cautioned, yes.

And yes, I have plenty personal experience with police and their responses, both good and bad. Three states' worth.

Ask around, you'll find I'm far from a police apologist (TexasRedneck will happily confirm that and probably cite examples :p), but what you said was completely untrue and rude.

Again, take it back a notch. You really are coming off like you're trying to piss everybody off.

11B Combat Vet

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Logic is not open to interpretation. Logic is objective. On the internet questions which can be answered objectively are easy to answer, and the person asking the question can do something with the information. Answering with "you can probably get away with it if your family agrees to lie for you" is not helpful. "X is not illegal" is not the same as "X is unlikely to result in prosecution". If you can't see the difference you should consider another profession.

No one said anything about your friends or family lieing for you. Now things are just getting manufactured to suit those opposing my view, great.M

y point was that by one's very presents in a residence owned by a family member or close friend, one might consider this to satisfy the requirement of law.

And I said law was based in logic. I didn't say it was always logical... but I did imply examining law is best done with a logical mind.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So am I to assume (in the absence of any agreement from you with my view) that you also believe the law is crystal clear leaving no need to discuss it, let alone challenge it when someone comes in with some very matter-of-fact interpretations that seem to defy logic? (serious question)

No....I'd say that like many others here, when someone comes in with a chip on their shoulder, we have to decide whether to knock it off, or just ignore 'em. Most choose to ignore.

You walk into a courtroom and present to a judge like that, I'd say you'll quickly find out how much you have yet to learn.

11B Combat Vet

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Actually, it was you that started the 'tude...and continue it with your comments and BS. But, the good thing is.....it won't last long.

And that's a shame - because a GOOD debate and other ideas are good - and generally welcomed. It's when someone relatively new comes in and attacks others that they kinda become the Board Pinata....

Interesting take on my recent "appearance".

I suppose I can see your point, but I must say, what prompted me to register on the board wasn't just some random happening... it was only after reading some of the things I just couldn't see allowing to stand that I was motivated to become a member and spit a little logic (in my view) as it were on the situation. I come from a decade in the Infantry and am not used to "thin skins" in the civilian world I guess. My bad for that.

As far as being the board "pinata", well, it takes more than that to shake me, lol. No thin skins here. :)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    No one said anything about your friends or family lieing for you.

You suggested the family or friends would lie to the Police

If one has friends or family they believe would not back them up in an instant where the legality of their OC situation was being looked at by law enforcement, one wouldn’t want to mess with it . It seems obvious to me that you would want to be crystal clear of the feelings of your friend or family member before OCing at their residence anyway, regardless of legality, if only to be courteous. If you weren't on the same page as your friend or family member, you could not rely on "implied consent" to be "in control of the premises" at that point

And I said law was based in logic. I didn't say it was always logical... but I did imply examining law is best done with a logical mind.

Logic is logical. You said law is convoluted and open to interpretation, and that law is based in logic, and that people don't bother to consult logic when arguing. You are saying either that logic is convoluted, or that logic is the way to escape from the convolution, but either way you are inconsistent. Your premise here has been that law is about interpretations, not logic.

I know what your problem is and I'll tell you, even though you won't believe me for a few years. You've suddenly acquired a lot of specialized knowledge but you haven't mastered the concepts yet. This happens all the time in every field. You feel like an expert because you haven't grasped the big picture. Go take an intro to logic course in the philosophy dept. at your University if you want to learn what logic actually is.

And you are intentionally being rude with your tone and choice of words. I have never seen this level of behavior from a veteran. Stop it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    11B: As taken from your profile, what do these mean? Specifics would be appreciated. 10 years Army Infantry, PSD, SOF. OIF Veteran

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    it was only after reading some of the things I just couldn't see allowing to stand that I was motivated to become a member and spit a little logic (in my view) as it were on the situation. I come from a decade in the Infantry and am not used to "thin skins" in the civilian world I guess. My bad for that.

Actually, my skin is purty thick. I'd say yours isn't so much, though, based on some of your reactions (ie, crying about mods calling you down rather than bitch-slappin' ya into next week).

So....lemme get this straight. Yer not an LEO OR a licensed attorney, but you're gonna come on here and give specific legal advice.....advice that other licensed attorney's here have not.

Oohhhh.....I'm so excited to see what's next.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    11B: As taken from your profile, what do these mean? Specifics would be appreciated. 10 years Army Infantry, PSD, SOF. OIF Veteran
    PSD- Personal security detail/detachment
    SOF-Special Operations Forces
    OIF - Operation Iraqi Freedom
    11B - Eleven Bravo, infantry, ground pounder, machine gun charger

ETR: what could be taken as a personal insult.

Top Bottom