ARJ Defense ad

Open Carry - Just your opinions. Let's try not to debate just hear everyone out.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What level of open carry law do you think is the best for Texas?

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    It "prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park." Nearly the EXACT words of what LEOUSA recognizes as valid.

OK. I was looking for something specific, but you are right.

Well, it is long-established that it does. That is how we got to 30.06, and how TX/Peace Officers are specifically exempted, but not out-of-state LEOs unless their is LEO reciprocity.
    Interesting to know. I should not be surprised given the history of property owner's rights in TX

Like I said, there is long-established history here. Texas CHL law was re-written several times to address it. I am sure LEOUSA will be too. Needless to say, if you check 30.05 you will see CHLS are exempt, so those gun busters signs do not apply to CHLs.

CHL gives a defense to prosecution, not an exception. Hence my statement that a CHL carrier could be arrested and prosecuted for violating a gunbuster sign, or "no firearms" scribbled on cardboard with crayon.
    Target Sports

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    CHL gives a defense to prosecution, not an exception. Hence my statement that a CHL carrier could be arrested and prosecuted for violating a gunbuster sign, or "no firearms" scribbled on cardboard with crayon.

I have lived here 20 years, I am unaware of any violation that has a "defense to prosecution" resulting in a prosecution and the actor having to invoke. The reality is you do not get charged.

Iif you carried in a ghost-buster place and got caught, the process of getting caught would probably result in you getting 30.06 notice.

CHL: walks past a ghost buster sign at pizz shop and briefly & unintetionally prints.
    Owner: Is that a gun under your shirt?
    CHL: huh?
    Owner: Guns are not allowed on premises. Please leave.

So at this time 30.05 no longer matters, he just got 30.06. So he would be prosecuted under 30.06 if he stays.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I have lived here 20 years, I am unaware of any violation that has a "defense to prosecution" resulting in a prosecution and the actor having to invoke. The reality is you do not get charged.

Now in this example, if you carried in a ghost-buster place and got caught, the process of getting caught would probably result in you getting 30.06 notice.

CHL: walks past a ghost buster sign at pizz shop and briefly & unintetionally prints.
    Owner: Is that a gun under your shirt?
    CHL: huh?
    Owner: Guns are not allowed on premises. Please leave.

So at this time 30.05 no longer matters, he just got 30.06. So he would be prosecuted under 30.06 if he stays.

I agree but it's interesting to me that you could get hooked up, legally. I didn't know that.

mrseatle

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    SW Houston
    Hey, dipwad - remember in all your self-righteous whining that if NOT for the NRA, the laws would be MUCH more severe - likely to the point that there would be NO right to have 'em. So kindly stop your assinine sniping.

Hey coward, Wake Up and excercise your rights, instead of begging for them and paying extra taxes for the privelledge!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Hey, numbnuts - come say that TO MY FACE. C'mon, puss-lips - I'm calling your little keyboard-hiding wimp ass out. You got a big mouth - come do something with it!
    Hey yall! Lets not go fighting with each other over the issue we all have common.
    We all pretty much agree that our right to carry arms in Texas sucks!
    I myself dont think enough has been done by anyone to get those rights restored as they should be.
    Lets not get involved in the blame game because that wont change a damn thing.
    What will change something is our common desire.
    Save your agression for people who deserve it. The people that are being restricted are not the problem. The problem is the people who are restricting us.
    We dont have to like each other, all we have to do is focus our attention in the right direction. No matter what I do, your not ever going to hear me bash another gun rights organization simply because I dont give a damn what they do. They aint doing enough and that the exact reason why we have any of these discussions. The NRA is and has been pretty damn good on the Federal level but we dont have much going for us on the state level.
    We have problem and we all know that. Texas law makers have an Elitist attitude toward your right to carry.
    Lets not fight with each other over a bunch of sorry ass shit that we didnt create.
    Lets save the fight for the the people who created this problem and those who refuse to correct it!

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Numbnuts, dipwads, cowards, etc..........and they wonder why no one wants to post more often ? If you want to name call, you don't have to use the OPEN forum. At least be respectful enough to PM each other !

I think it says somewhere in the TGT rules, something about personal attacks. If it doesn't, it should.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It well may - but I'm tired of the ongoing sniping and name calling by the jackass. He talks - and talks - but never really says anything, and I'm tired of his ongoing name-calling. He's gotten personal, and I'm done with him.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I guess im going to have to make both of you mad when I say, YOU BOTH SHARE THE SAME GOAL..
    Neither one of ya like the idea of having your right restricted.
    Just think what kind of crap were going to hear when we start dealing with Texas Legislature?
    The simple fact is, we need to keep nothing but intelligence involved in our discussion's about firearm rights.
    Lets not bass other organizations. Hell, if I thought the other gun groups were getting the job done, I wouldnt be doing what im doing.
    Im pissed at all of em, and could past some really sorry information about conversations I have had with them, but I aint going to do that.
    One of the gun groups yall talk about on this website pissed me off when they told me they dont support open carry, and the same person claimed Harry Reid was PRO GUN!!! WTF??
    All of the anger we have is common, lets keep it that way and work as ONE to restore our rights. We'll get somethin done that way.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    It well may - but I'm tired of the ongoing sniping and name calling by the jackass. He talks - and talks - but never really says anything, and I'm tired of his ongoing name-calling. He's gotten personal, and I'm done with him.

Fine.....be DONE with him....but why does everyone else have to witness it ? PM's (PRIVATE MESSAGE), that is what those are for.

You may be tired of HIS name calling, but I am tired of ALL the name calling. If you want to call each other out, do it by PM and not out in the middle of the school yard. Go in the alley.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Damn Redencks!!!
    oh-jeez.gif

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Fine.....be DONE with him....but why does everyone else have to witness it ? PM's (PRIVATE MESSAGE), that is what those are for.

You may be tired of HIS name calling, but I am tired of ALL the name calling. If you want to call each other out, do it by PM and not out in the middle of the school yard. Go in the alley.

Sorry - but I don't see *moderator* on your heading. If you'll go back, you'll see that I generally ignore him - until he starts his name-calling and such. I ignored it for a while, figuring he'd get tired of it - but it's just gotten worse, and frankly I'm tired of it, and WILL react to it when he does it.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I wish I could believe that, really...

But one of us has proven he's willing to accept "reasonable restrictions" to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Man, we have all accepted " reasonable restrictions" if you really think about it. Thats how we got into this mess, submission.
    What we do for now on is whats going to make the difference.
    I for one can honestly say I have not accepted nor have I submitted. The fact that im always in trouble and constantly get arrested prooves it.
    No matter who you are, these restrictions affect us all. I promise you that give the chance, TR would vote for less restriction. Like I said before, your issues are with the Elitist who think everyone should have a CHL, not with the people who have them because they are required to. Im pretty sure TR only has a CHL because he doesnt want to risc getting cought without it. The issues yall fight over is wasted time on each other. All that anger needs to be focused on your Legislature..

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Sorry - but I don't see *moderator* on your heading. If you'll go back, you'll see that I generally ignore him - until he starts his name-calling and such. I ignored it for a while, figuring he'd get tired of it - but it's just gotten worse, and frankly I'm tired of it, and WILL react to it when he does it.

No, there is no "moderator" in my heading, does there have to be ? We should ALL be mature enough not to have the mgmt. get involved. This, to me, sounds like a school yard squabble. Be the "bigger" person and move on ! GEEZ !

The only reason I posted this, is to deter this kind of behavior. If you have a problem with ME, PM me.

Everyone has a different opinion, you don't have to like it and that is fine. There is no need for personal name calling. It is easy to reread what you wrote and EDIT it BEFORE you post it.

Thats all, I'm done.

Top Bottom