• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Usually the people I see OC look like dbags.. I saw one guy going in Walmart with cowboy hat and the stereotypical cowboy clothes on and he had two long, old school style revolvers hanging at his hips like he was some kind of gunfighter from a Clint Eastwood movie. Silliness….
    The only reason I didn't tip my (cowboy) hat to you is because I didn't see you in time.

goodmanje

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2024
    Greenville
    Nothing wrong with cowboy hats!! I was just painting the scene. I thought the outlaw Josey Wales had entered the building. I was looking around to see if Lone Waite was with him. Lol

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Usually the people I see OC look like dbags.. I saw one guy going in Walmart with cowboy hat and the stereotypical cowboy clothes on and he had two long, old school style revolvers hanging at his hips like he was some kind of gunfighter from a Clint Eastwood movie. Silliness….

Sounds more like envy.....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Well bless your heart too!!

You're obviously not from Texas (or you're from Austin)!

Either way, thank God no one gives a shit what you think about how they dress!!

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Evidently you familiar with a dbag.
    He probably has more $$ invested in his gun belt and guns than you do in your entire wardrobe.
    If you return to where you came from you won't see this again, just the fruits and nuts you are used too.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Most of the people I see concealed carrying look like retards or wannabe detectives. The only firearm I conceal carry in my AR-15 rifle.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I had an issue with a Walmart employee once, asked to show ID because she said she had to because of the TABC. I didn't have my Go Pro with me so I opted to leave a cart full of groceries instead of show ID. Been back to the store several times and hadn't been asked again. One thing that chaps my ass is that people we elected think we are to stupid to take care of ourselves so they stand in the way of restoring our God given rights.
    Hope you instructed her to put the items back on the shelf.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I have not and do not plan to OC. I have only seen it once besides at the gun range.

It really seems to be the non issue that we figured it would be.
    <>

I think you misunderstand, stil.

The ISSUE is the RIGHT, not the practice. And it is a major issue, certainly no “non issue” as you claim.

This was a major Human & Constitutional RIGHT which was suppressed & denied for over a century in Texas & New York, later copied by most other states.

Yes, TEXAS led the USA in “gun control’’.

Almost everyone here understands the practical issues of OC vs) CC, which have been rehashed ad infinitum here & elsewhere.

Now, our right has been only partially restored, as it still requires a license in Texas.

Today, our rights are still under limitations, and still under attack. The battle has placed this important Right under unwise public opinion pressure, even “public scorn”, from years of negative media LIES.

Any Right not exercised will be lost. So, we of the firearms community have some duty to re-expose the public to the presence of firearms carried by obvious non-criminal types, regular citizens, going about their daily life routines.

Please try to understand and keep the RIGHT separate from any personal opinion as to the wisdom or advisability of “O C”.

leVieux

<>

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    <>

I think you misunderstand, stil.

The ISSUE is the RIGHT, not the practice. And it is a major issue, certainly no “non issue” as you claim.

This was a major Human & Constitutional RIGHT which was suppressed & denied for over a century in Texas & New York, later copied by most other states.

Yes, TEXAS led the USA in “gun control’’.

Almost everyone here understands the practical issues of OC vs) CC, which have been rehashed ad infinitum here & elsewhere.

Now, our right has been only partially restored, as it still requires a license in Texas.

Today, our rights are still under limitations, and still under attack. The battle has placed this important Right under unwise public opinion pressure, even “public scorn”, from years of negative media LIES.

Any Right not exercised will be lost. So, we of the firearms community have some duty to re-expose the public to the presence of firearms carried by obvious non-criminal types, regular citizens, going about their daily life routines.

Please try to understand and keep the RIGHT separate from any personal opinion as to the wisdom or advisability of “O C”.

leVieux

<>

I think you misunderstand. This thread was started to discuss the practice, not the right. That is what my comment from 8 years ago was referring to.

I don't think anyone is arguing about our rights being eroded.

If you want to be like the news/ social media and take my comment out of context and analyze it have at it. I hope you feel like you are really showing me how brilliant you are.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I think you misunderstand. This thread was started to discuss the practice, not the right. That is what my comment from 8 years ago was referring to.

I don't think anyone is arguing about our rights being eroded.

If you want to be like the news/ social media and take my comment out of context and analyze it have at it. I hope you feel like you are really showing me how brilliant you are.
    <>

The RIGHT has become the issue now, over a year later.

And, we still have not properly secured the RIGHT in Texas.

Meanwhile nationally, in areas where the RIGHT has been secured, or never even legally threatened, we still have to deal with negative public opinion, massive misunderstandings, & misdirected “peer pressures”.

Things change, we have won a skirmish, not a battle, campaign, nor a war.

Get back on board this train, please.

<>

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    <>

The RIGHT has become the issue now, over a year later.

And, we still have not properly secured the RIGHT in Texas.

Meanwhile nationally, in areas where the RIGHT has been secured, or never even legally threatened, we still have to deal with negative public opinion, massive misunderstandings, & misdirected “peer pressures”.

Things change, we have won a skirmish, not a battle, campaign, nor a war.

Get back on board this train, please.

<>

So because 8 years ago I said that open carrying a handgun is a non issue (and was correct) all of a sudden I'm not on board to protect our rights?

What in the actual **** are you talking about? Please show me your work on putting that together so maybe I can understand.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    So because 8 years ago I said that open carrying a handgun is a non issue (and was correct) all of a sudden I'm not on board to protect our rights?

What in the actual **** are you talking about? Please show me your work on putting that together so maybe I can understand.

<>

We must attend to “public opinion’’, as the fights are far from over.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I Recently posted this on another forum (so some of you may have already read it) but I guess it is appropriate here:

I went open carry for the first time last night. It was our wedding anniversary, so my wife and I along with her parents went to have dinner at The Republic Steakhouse in College Station. It was too warm and humid for a jacket or sweater and the wife did not want me to go untucked casual, so I ended up wearing my baby eagle on my right hip in plain view.

The meal was great best porterhouse I have ever eaten. As for the carry it was a total non-event. Even though our table was in the middle of the dining room so that anyone could clearly see what I was wearing. I saw no surprised or shocked looks or furtive glances, no comments from guests or staff, my gun could have been completely invisible for all that anyone seemed to care.

<>

Since I resumed occasional O C some 6 or 8 years ago, that has been my experience. BTW, I always keep a concealed pistol; O C or not.

<>

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Too old? Like, can't get out of bed old?

Now I may be in pretty good shape for my age, but I have yet to get to the point where it effects the way I carry. And I doubt a bad guy checks everyone before deciding to do bad things.

I respect your decision on how you carry, but don't use age as an excuse.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl
    Top Bottom