• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    In post #407 you state you "have done your homework, and there is no difference".
    So can you show me anywhere that explains the difference ? The "homework" I have done does not explain where there is any difference. But I'm just asking the question..

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Take 10 seconds and search....

Why Texas is not a Constitutional Carry State......

Example:

Texas HB 1927, which is the permitless carry bill for Texas, has passed the Texas House, the Texas Senate and has been signed by Governor Abbott. Going into effect on September 1st, 2021, Texas will become the 21st state to pass some form of constitutional carry in the United States. Referred to by many in Texas as permitless carry, Texas will not a be a true constitutional carry state. This is because Texas will have restrictive eligibility requirements as well as further restrictions on methods of carry, where you can carry as well as additional rules which do not apply to Texas LTC holders.

You're welcome.........

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So can you show me anywhere that explains the difference ? The "homework" I have done does not explain where there is any difference. But I'm just asking the question..

Have you Googled the "difference between permitless carry and LTC in Texas"?
    Take about 10 minutes and look around.

george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    That there is no difference. Look I was trying to be helpful.
    Well, I appreciate that but being a "newby" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I might be a recent poster on this website but believe me, I'm not a "newby." People start giving crap and they are going to get crap back. But thanks for your help.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Well, I appreciate that but being a "newby" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I might be a recent poster on this website but believe me, I'm not a "newby." People start giving crap and they are going to get crap back. But thanks for your help.

You can't be serious.......

No one gave you any crap..........

If you feel that way, that is on you............

Quit digging...just a friendly suggestion.....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    make-it.gif

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In Texas, you absolutely do not need any kind of permit to carry....open or concealed.
    I'll bring up my own reason for needing to maintain my LTC, "Campus Carry". There are no signs on college campuses, or at least not on mine. While open carry is illegal, so is unlicensed concealed carry on campus. I have never been asked to provide my LTC, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I don't open carry, it's nobody's business what I carry.
    My worry is I'm almost 70 years old, if someone came behind me and took my weapon, I'd be in the land of doodoo.
    Why advertise?

That's a standard argument, and the answer is...that very rarely ever happens, and usually when it does the person whose weapon is taken was being a dumbass about it. If someone's coming up behind you, it's on you to have the situational awareness to not let them get that close. What if they don't intend to take your weapon, but instead intend to put a blade between your ribs? Or bash you over the head with a brick?

I rarely OC. The times I have...nobody even glanced at me. And I've OC'd into fairly sketchy convenience stores. People are simply not that observant.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    That's a standard argument, and the answer is...that very rarely ever happens, and usually when it does the person whose weapon is taken was being a dumbass about it. If someone's coming up behind you, it's on you to have the situational awareness to not let them get that close. What if they don't intend to take your weapon, but instead intend to put a blade between your ribs? Or bash you over the head with a brick?

I rarely OC. The times I have...nobody even glanced at me. And I've OC'd into fairly sketchy convenience stores. People are simply not that observant.
    Exactly when I open carry Noone pays attention to it.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

Except I was at a Valero waiting to meet a computer tech to give him a hard drive to diagnose. I was by my car and this day I was open carrying. Several people passed me going into the store. A manager came out and said some people were nervous because they could see my gun would I mind waiting in my car. I didn't have a problem with that.

Top Bottom