• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Been watching this sale, View attachment 237231 debating if I need one. Saw this posted today on the Tavor group. People are saying they don’t used lithium batteries so I’m curious what happened.

I've seen a blown up Glock, a blown up Mossberg shotgun, a blown up iPhone, a blown up airplane, a blown up Macbook, a blown up AR... Obviously I can go on.

We still use all of those things. Every product has an exception, something that went terribly wrong. Doesn't mean it's the rule. Feel free to buy their lights. They are incredibly popular and the consensus is that they are amazing lights. I haven't used the ones I ordered recently, but so far, my mini valkyrie is amazing.

Oh and as far as what happened, it looks like it actually caught fire, not blown up. There are several reasons this could happen to lithium OR alkaline. Especially if they take a big hit. He could have also charged it and had a power imbalance going through to the battery which can cause that. Regardless of the reason, it wasn't the light, just the battery. It's apparently very rare, as we don't see other reports of this, or at least not a lot of them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just ordered the same light from another source and told the credit card company not to pay the first.

That is one heck of a flashlight. Warrior Turbo. Serious throw on that flashlight. Haven't had the chance to try it at the full 1000 meters, but very impressive at 300 yards. Five hours to charge. And a ridiculously short charging cord (18").

Top Bottom