• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    HAVE Y"ALL heard that black panthers are starting some s####t again i dont know to post links here mabye somebody can help.
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Death throws of a past-due organization.

The only way they are going to get support is via the media and pushing racism. Just like the NAACP and other organizations that were started during different times, and generally under vastly different goals. Black people aren't getting fire hosed in the streets, we aren't fresh off of segregation, and every generation of people that grow up past the 1950s and 1960s pushes it further in the history books.

Groups like the KKK, Black Panthers, LULAC, NAACP, American Nazis, etc. are largely growing extinct. They are splinters of what they used to be, and mostly because society has moved on.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm old, have been crippled up with "Arthur-itis" and couldn't outrun an 80 year old Hooker. I gotta stand and fight so I'm not runnin'.

Been through that stuff in Chicago in the late 60's. All it did was waste a lot of good people with their whole lives ahead of them. Now, we don't even remember their names. Oh well.....bring it on.

Flash

BigD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Dallas
    I think of those organizations like I think of most unions. They served a purpose when they were first established, but now they are doing more harm then good.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    What is the point of this thread? There isn't even any media sensation that can be linked to some unheard of rumor! I am sure if there was a real threat out there some of us would have seen it given the access we have to information sources. I simply don't know what is trying to be accomplished here...

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    What is the point of this thread? There isn't even any media sensation that can be linked to some unheard of rumor! I am sure if there was a real threat out there some of us would have seen it given the access we have to information sources. I simply don't know what is trying to be accomplished here...
    There might be no media sensation because of political correctness. From what I can tell, it only came out yesterday, so that may be why none of us had really heard of it before kyletxria1911a1 pointed it out to us.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Sterling's just pointing out the pitiful "rebirth" of the Black Panthers. More or less it's a mockery of such organizations.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Black Panthers exist

KKK too

There will always be splinter groups who represent almost nobody as long as we are a free society. It's just one of the side effects.

Next thing you know, there will be a website for Texas gun nuts.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Black Panthers exist

KKK too

There will always be splinter groups who represent almost nobody as long as we are a free society. It's just one of the side effects.

Next thing you know, there will be a website for Texas gun nuts.
    yep my only point was that where does it stop?These people just have to keep something going.
    Cuz at the end of the day i will not lay my life down for these P.O.S because the only want to stir up things that need to be left alone to die

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well my point is that as long as we want our freedom to do as we please here and our constitutional rights, there will be those who assemble for causes we may not believe in.

Shutting them up because we disagree with them just begins eroding our freedom of speech. Once you shut up one group, who's to say what group is next? Gun owners? It's simply something we put up with to keep our freedom.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Well my point is that as long as we want our freedom to do as we please here and our constitutional rights, there will be those who assemble for causes we may not believe in.

Shutting them up because we disagree with them just begins eroding our freedom of speech. Once you shut up one group, who's to say what group is next? Gun owners? It's simply something we put up with to keep our freedom.
    point

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Groups like the KKK, Black Panthers, LULAC, NAACP, American Nazis, etc. are largely growing extinct. They are splinters of what they used to be, and mostly because society has moved on.

Not only that, but if you follow the bloodlines you'll almost always find these guys are "XXX organization" in name only. There is usually a gap in history between when the original organization broke down completely, then a period of complete inactivity, then a new group of people who had nothing to do with the original movement picked the torch back up and declared themselves heirs to the throne, usually without the blessing of the original founders.

The nice thing about race-oriented organizations is that they become less relevant with each passing day (though not less vociferous!).

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

It's best to let them speak out in the open where they can be monitored rather than forcing them underground to plot clandestinely.

Top Bottom