• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I always thought those huge old Cadillacs were super cool.
    1722840261581.jpeg

I’m from a different generation but share your feelings. I’ve always seemed to keep a Cadillac my entire life, not as old as your talking but this is my latest acquisition slash project.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    NorthStar engine.... Good Luck Sir.

My 7th one, never any problem, possible some just don’t maintain their cars well?
    I tnink the early NorthStar engines might have had some buggyness to them, but overall I did not see a lot pf issues with them.
    He is probably thinking about the 8 6 4. Now that one was a problem child.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Her uncle had the 8 6 4, loved it but a dangerous ride. Scary airplane rides? Dad & I were going to some Dacota missile silos, cleared to land at small airport and tower screamed go around, there is a Martin airliner about to land on top of you. Supposed to land on the dirt strip but nobody told us. Riding Frontier from Dallas to KC - really bad weather and ex-navy pilot. Told us if he saw a hole in the clouds he was going in. Buckle up boys, 45 deg rolls through the clouds. Rapid altitude changes but he got us in OK.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    A couple of the cliff house pics are real…

for me…a hard pass on visiting any of them

i have severe fear of heights and get vertigo just looking a pictures or videos
    It's called cremnophobia and I have it too. And I can fly an airplane no problem - but walk out on one of those glass overhangs ...

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Good to know it has a name. Small aircraft, no problem. Large aircraft, no problem. Ladder? Nope. Tall building near the window? Nope.
    The fake suspended house with the swimming pool hanging over nowhere reminded me of a Jason Statham movie, I think it was the remake of The Mechanic, where the "mark" had a pool with a glass bottom that stuck out from a high-rise. Statham set small explosives, waited until the guy came in for a swim, and then cracked the bottom of the pool. Like flushing a 25-story toilet.

So I guess if that suspend-house pool was all glass for a great "infinity" view that would be a non-starter, too? :eek:

Yeah, no thanks. I'm generally not too tweaked by heights (well, I think no more than typical), but I don't even like staying above the 3rd floor in hotels. I've patched shingles on my two-story roof, but I felt kinda like a Secret Service agent doing it: slope no bueno.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    It's called cremnophobia and I have it too. And I can fly an airplane no problem - but walk out on one of those glass overhangs ...
    Exactly what I have (just read about it)

I also have no issues on aircraft either

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Don't think we normally have a fear of heights but one of falling over the edge. Spacial attention makes one want to lean toward the edge.

Top Bottom