• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Brimstone is a further development of the Hellfire anti-tank missile carried by the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. Effectively the same missile body but new electronics and seekers inside and designed to be fired from faster moving aircraft (fixed wing jets).

Sadly, the Tornados are all retired from RAF service and they're disappearing from the Luftwaffe and the Italian Air Force as well. But Brimstone is compatible with most NATO fighter and attack aircraft.
    When I was at Upper Heyford we always had English, Italian, or German Tornados stopping by. I loved seeing them take off. Of course the old school thrust reversers make landings cool too.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    When I was at Upper Heyford we always had English, Italian, or German Tornados stopping by. I loved seeing them take off. Of course the old school thrust reversers make landings cool too.

Definitely. My wife and I were standing at the top of the tower at Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness when a pair of RAF Tornados came tearing down the loch at high speed. When they passed the tower, we were looking slightly down at them. Hell of a sight.

I never got to see any take off or land, but there was a German Tornado at Carswell/NASJRB Ft Worth for one of the airshows a few years ago. Note the badge on the tail with the New Mexico flag colors and sun symbol on it. It was from the Luftwaffe training squadron at Holloman AFB.

dcp_2907.JPG
    dcp_2908.JPG

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not exactly "cool" but...one of the guys with Ballistic High-Speed had a mishap with an RPG, caught on film. No, the don't show him taking his injuries, but up until that moment it's a very entertaining video about backblast from rocket launchers.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Not exactly "cool" but...one of the guys with Ballistic High-Speed had a mishap with an RPG, caught on film. No, the don't show him taking his injuries, but up until that moment it's a very entertaining video about backblast from rocket launchers.

Wasn't that a scene in one of the Dirty Harry flicks?

Magnum Force???

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

Saw that just coincidentally a few minutes ago. Wishing Adam speedy recovery and good spirits. Would be very interested in knowing what specifically failed on that launch.
    As far as the rest of the video, I cringed heavily whenever anybody walked or stood behind the launcher. Just like you don't stand in front of somebody's rifle muzzle. I just wanted to yell "get out of the way!"

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Saw that just coincidentally a few minutes ago. Wishing Adam speedy recovery and good spirits. Would be very interested in knowing what specifically failed on that launch.
    As far as the rest of the video, I cringed heavily whenever anybody walked or stood behind the launcher. Just like you don't stand in front of somebody's rifle muzzle. I just wanted to yell "get out of the way!"

Watch carefully when they fire the RPG - there's outgassing right at the grip/trigger area that struck me as odd. I suspect it may have failed there.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl
    Top Bottom