Target Sports

Of The Choices Listed: Which Is The Best Shot Size For Overall Small Game Hunting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Of The Choices Listed: Which Is The Best Shot Size For Overall Small Game Hunting?

• BB

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • # 1

• # 2

• # 3

• # 4

Votes: 2 12.5%
    • # 5

• # 6

Votes: 13 81.3%
    • # 7

• # 5-6-7 Mix

• # 7 1/2

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes I got that.... I was just saying that I never had the opportunity to shoot 22mag for those long wabbit shots. :D
    Always had the .22mag, and a larger caliber in the vehicle, when driving around shooting things.
    Only time we didn't hunt out of a vehicle was when bird hunting.
    Even then it was occasionally done off the hood mounted chair while hunting quail.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Always had the .22mag, and a larger caliber in the vehicle, when driving around shooting things.
    Only time we didn't hunt out of a vehicle was when bird hunting.
    Even then it was occasionally done off the hood mounted chair while hunting quail.

Hood mounted chair for quail???????? :rocket:

One time a neighbor came over with a case of cheap beer and wanted to grab our .22lr rifle to go up in the woods shooting stuff. After a 6er, he told be to stop the car, then back up just a bit as he poked his .22 out the winder.... BANG. I asked what he was shootin at.... he said he got a deer. Oh crap!!!

The last time I was driving around shooting things was when I still he my Ruger #1V in 22-250. I was blasting magpies, crows, etc off the hood. Let my buddy shoot it off the hood and he missed.... he is a fabulous shot, so we were mystified, until I noticed the hole in the hood of the '65 Ford PU where the little raised portion ran down the center. :frog:

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hood mounted chair for quail???????? :rocket:

One time a neighbor came over with a case of cheap beer and wanted to grab our .22lr rifle to go up in the woods shooting stuff. After a 6er, he told be to stop the car, then back up just a bit as he poked his .22 out the winder.... BANG. I asked what he was shootin at.... he said he got a deer. Oh crap!!!

The last time I was driving around shooting things was when I still he my Ruger #1V in 22-250. I was blasting magpies, crows, etc off the hood. Let my buddy shoot it off the hood and he missed.... he is a fabulous shot, so we were mystified, until I noticed the hole in the hood of the '65 Ford PU where the little raised portion ran down the center. :frog:

What is the question about the chair?
    I'm not sure of the actual mounting point, but it was above the right hood/fender.

All the deer I've killed have been out of vehicles, of course it was done legally.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    What is the question about the chair?
    I'm not sure of the actual mounting point, but it was above the right hood/fender.

All the deer I've killed have been out of vehicles, of course it was done legally.

This is legal in Texas????? Are you having a bit of fun with me???

Here in both WA and OR, not even if you have a Disability Permit. (I think. I believe one still has to get away from the vehicle.)

I know people shoot porkies from trucks, but didn't realize bird or deer hunting from a vehicle is/was a legal venture there. Here, one has to be a number of yards away from the road, and can't shoot from a 4x either.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    This is legal in Texas????? Are you having a bit of fun with me???

Here in both WA and OR, not even if you have a Disability Permit. (I think. I believe one still has to get away from the vehicle.)

I know people shoot porkies from trucks, but didn't realize bird or deer hunting from a vehicle is/was a legal venture there. Here, one has to be a number of yards away from the road, and can't shoot from a 4x either.

Sorry.

Yes legal, private property.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    @ZX9RCAM

I was surprised that Texas allows hunting game animals from a vehicle on private land. I looked it up, and there are no exceptions to the prohibition here in the PNW.

Sounds like fun!

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    @ZX9RCAM

I was surprised that Texas allows hunting game animals from a vehicle on private land. I looked it up, and there are no exceptions to the prohibition here in the PNW.

Sounds like fun!

Yeah, my dad took deer hunters out 2-3 times a week during deer season for over 20 years.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Yeah, my dad took deer hunters out 2-3 times a week during deer season for over 20 years.

Are those "resident" deer considered to be privately or state owned? In other words, did one still need a deer tag, as opposed to when one hunts exotics that are brought in for that purpose?

I miss the month long deer season that we used to have in Oregon. Now everything except for bird hunting and small game is by limited draw and the seasons are short.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Are those "resident" deer considered to be privately or state owned? In other words, did one still need a deer tag, as opposed to when one hunts exotics that are brought in for that purpose?

I miss the month long deer season that we used to have in Oregon. Now everything except for bird hunting and small game is by limited draw and the seasons are short.

Yes, every guest that he took out needed a deer tag.

Top Bottom