Military Camp

Odessa and the DEMAND for more gun laws!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I guess, really thinking on it, one of the biggest and most important decrees I would make, would be to reinstate the family unit. A strong family with faith, discipline, and a strong father figure as an anchor. And disband completely and wholly, the Federal Department of Education. Bring schooling and true education back to the local, regional, and state level. Schools are not supposed to be government supported nurseries. Parents are supposed to raise their children, not the school.

Quite a bit more, I just don't want to sit here for hours on end typing it out.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    There ain't enough prisons.
    I've been stupid before, maybe as recently as today, though at least today, there was no one to see it...

If stupid was outlawed, we would all be goners, except maybe for some of the judges and executioners.

IQ wouldn't even be a good criteria as far as I'm concerned!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    At age 18, every abled body Man and Woman does a mandatory year of military service. After completion of said year, they are hearby required to re-qualify every 6 months in conflict de-escalation and marksmanship.
    No. First, there are a lot of people I would not want to serve with. Second, if you are required to serve, you are not free but a subject. The Founders discussed this and eve the more federalist of them did not believe in mandatory service.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    In a country of 300 million folks that enjoy the freedoms Americans have. I'm of the opinion that this sort of thing is going to happen from time to time. Per capita we have much less of this than most other countries. Break up the country into smaller countries. Allowing each new land to vote in their level of governance. For the first 25 years immigration is openly allowed and is free among the new countries. Trade is free but all commerce is recorded and sales tax is collected by the producing state unless offset by equal value trades. The new Americas must pay their own way or be absorbed by the contiguous states. After 25 years the New Republic of Texas will have absorbed Louisiana, and Oklahoma by their choice and parts of Nevada and New Mexico because they failed. The capital of Austin was destroyed and today is pasture land. Midland is the capital. Most democrats, teachers. and professors left by choice and were replaced with instructors that actually teach their subjects. The big worry is growing too fast as the left coast withers having been over run with illegals doing all their work. And the right coast just about froze to death.

Don't judge me too harshly on this I only thought it up a minute ago.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    In a country of 300 million folks that enjoy the freedoms Americans have. I'm of the opinion that this sort of thing is going to happen from time to time. Per capita we have much less of this than most other countries. Break up the country into smaller countries. Allowing each new land to vote in their level of governance. For the first 25 years immigration is openly allowed and is free among the new countries. Trade is free but all commerce is recorded and sales tax is collected by the producing state unless offset by equal value trades. The new Americas must pay their own way or be absorbed by the contiguous states. After 25 years the New Republic of Texas will have absorbed Louisiana, and Oklahoma by their choice and parts of Nevada and New Mexico because they failed. The capital of Austin was destroyed and today is pasture land. Midland is the capital. Most democrats, teachers. and professors left by choice and were replaced with instructors that actually teach their subjects. The big worry is growing too fast as the left coast withers having been over run with illegals doing all their work. And the right coast just about froze to death.

Don't judge me too harshly on this I only thought it up a minute ago.

You mean kind of go back to a country actually governed by the Constitutional principles it was founded upon?? Nahhh can’t have that. How on Gods green earth will folks like Obama, McShitstain, Pelosi, Ryan ... get Uber rich??

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I believe we are not being told that these mass shooters were on prescription medications that cause suicidal thoughts and impulses! Many appear to be just taking innocent people with them for the attention!

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I think you misunderstand my statement, I didn't suggest it was a government plot. If you pay attention to the commercials for prescription medication after they sell you on the wonders their drug will do for you they are required to tell the possible side effects. You may suffer incontinence, constipation, restless leg syndrome, irritability, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, possible stroke and even death or other issues. If you are thinking about killing yourself our news media will memorialize you for days by repeating your name if you take a lot of people with you. They even tell you what to use for maximum effect! Odd that all the shooters seem to be some version of Liberal.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I was watching the news last night at the gym and well, good thing I didn't have sound on the TV. FtW Mayor was at a conference of mayors calling for more control. She claimed she has shot a match or two and her husband shoots a lot and they have talked to no one that is against universal background checks. The camera was loving it and they then ran a feed of Odessa HS cheerleaders at some gun control rally. F ing lemmings, all of them.
    The media has already moved on and we don't know what kinda gun was manufactured illegally and they didn't do a hit piece on the guy so we can make a good assumption of where his political loyalties lie. Just waiting for the next one..........

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I think you misunderstand my statement, I didn't suggest it was a government plot. If you pay attention to the commercials for prescription medication after they sell you on the wonders their drug will do for you they are required to tell the possible side effects. You may suffer incontinence, constipation, restless leg syndrome, irritability, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, possible stroke and even death or other issues. If you are thinking about killing yourself our news media will memorialize you for days by repeating your name if you take a lot of people with you. They even tell you what to use for maximum effect! Odd that all the shooters seem to be some version of Liberal.
    Look, it’s kind of like when my kid has to take the autoimmune drug Humira, the warnings say “may cause lymphoma.” But the reason they they have to put that, is the a lot of the people who need to take that drug are high risk for developing lymphoma in the first place. It’s not necessarily the drug that caused it, but because some people get it while on the drug, they have to warn about that.

Now apply that explanation to prescription antidepressants. What are those prescribed for, oh YEAH depression. One of the symptoms of severe depression is suicidal thoughts. And guess what, if someone is VERY depressed and they are too down and numb to even PLAN their suicide, what do you suppose starting to fix that with meds looks like? More energy and more motivation to act.

Unfortunately the symptoms don’t all improve at the same time and at the same rate. So you can have a very very depressed and numb person, who with treatment, now has the energy and motivation to act. But may still have suicidal thoughts. So guess what they turn their newfound motivation and energy upon. Yep, something dark and twisted. Because that symptom hasn’t been resolved yet. That’s why you see people act this way. It’s not the meds’ fault, it’s the underlying severe mental illness with some of the symptoms absent or resolving.

Big problem is people don’t have meaning in their life, they are hopeless and without a good purpose they can see. That’s got to get addressed.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    If you deaden the sense of right and wrong in a person with a mental disorder killing a lot of people can seem to them as a good idea. Medication is given out far to easily and some individuals are capable of violent acts while on it. It should be much harder to get prescription drugs!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Look, it’s kind of like when my kid has to take the autoimmune drug Humira, the warnings say “may cause lymphoma.” But the reason they they have to put that, is the a lot of the people who need to take that drug are high risk for developing lymphoma in the first place. It’s not necessarily the drug that caused it, but because some people get it while on the drug, they have to warn about that.

Now apply that explanation to prescription antidepressants. What are those prescribed for, oh YEAH depression. One of the symptoms of severe depression is suicidal thoughts. And guess what, if someone is VERY depressed and they are too down and numb to even PLAN their suicide, what do you suppose starting to fix that with meds looks like? More energy and more motivation to act.

Unfortunately the symptoms don’t all improve at the same time and at the same rate. So you can have a very very depressed and numb person, who with treatment, now has the energy and motivation to act. But may still have suicidal thoughts. So guess what they turn their newfound motivation and energy upon. Yep, something dark and twisted. Because that symptom hasn’t been resolved yet. That’s why you see people act this way. It’s not the meds’ fault, it’s the underlying severe mental illness with some of the symptoms absent or resolving.

Big problem is people don’t have meaning in their life, they are hopeless and without a good purpose they can see. That’s got to get addressed.
    Everyone wants the quick, easy answers, that's why they often point to the gun.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo

RANT MODE ON:

Growing up, literally everyone in my life went to church and believed in God. Everyone. For sure, all of my role models, and their role models, too.

However, I never 'felt' the presence or believed in a god. I went to church with my family, went to sunday school, summer church camp, knocked on doors with church groups, and generally was very involved with both my parents church, and both of my grandparents' churches, but inside I never felt it. I never believed.

Somewhere in there, in the summer between my 3th and 4th grade year, when I read Heinlein's "Citizen of the Galaxy," and Niven's "Mote in God's eye," I started thinking about sociology and the basis of actual societies. Likewise, the 6th grade was when we first went over the entire US Constitution, and looking at my fellow classmates I didn't feel like I had much, if anything at all in common with them beyond the English language.

I didn't understand how our forefathers could have united most of a nation in opposition to England and King George. I mean, we already had several distinct groups of people: Farmers and city folk/merchants, govt officials, clergy, and the military. By the time my 6th grade year came around, 1979-80, we had, literally 100s of different communities/sub-groups, with little in common. Dad, being a cop, introduced me early on to the concept of community as a responsibility, and violent diversity (crime) as a direct threat to our continued existence.

With my utter lack of a deeper connection to God, if it weren't for my family's encompassing guidance and love, I could easily see myself having become disaffected and isolated- more than a typical teen. I ddin't think there was a God, but I was raised to behave. Period. Anything less than good behavior was discussed, and the world at large was always a topic of conversation. As a kid, one grandma like to talk about both Martin Luther, and MLK Jr. Dad liked talking about lots of historical wars, and current events. Mom and the other grandma liked church and the Bible.

So somewhere in there, I decided that even if I didn't feel the presence or believe in a god, that society as a whole absolutely NEEDED for the vast majority of individuals to have a belief and subservience to something resembling the Judeo-Christian God. I came to beleive that without a belief of, and an immersion in, morality, imbued by the Judeo-Christian enculturation process, few people were smart enough to develop and live by a personal code conducive to a cohesive society.

Not saying it's not possible, or that it doesn't happen, but generally speaking, I don't think people of truly limited intelligence are capable of self-regulation without a very strong, and pervasive, community directly holding them accountable for their actions and guiding their behavior. In the modern day, we have a distinct absence of that community, and we have, literally, hordes of kids spending 18+ hours a day being enculturated/indoctrinated by other kids, hanging out with other kids, and likewise spending the majority of their time in an unreal 'ether' world, where keyboard warriors ahve just as much moral weight, authority, and validity (without even being able to rationalize what those terms may mean)- in the kids' minds- as their parents and teachers.

Most kids today, not all, but most, imho, have replaced family, church, and school with video games and 30 second videos as the focus of their lives and attention. Part of that is our unnatural desire to let each kid 'find themselves,' before they have an internal moral compass to keep them, if not exactly on a track, then to at least keep them from being completely lost. Add universities with a modern day, inherent, goal of the destruction of the Judeo-Christian establishment, and too many kids are lucky to make it to the age of 18 without being committed or committing a true atrocity.

I'm honestly surprised that we don't have MORE mass shootings, poisonings, and horrors than we do. Whatever people want to call that contradiction, I attribute it to Divine Intervention, even though I constantly vacillate between the existential states of agnosticism and atheism.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you deaden the sense of right and wrong in a person with a mental disorder killing a lot of people can seem to them as a good idea. Medication is given out far to easily and some individuals are capable of violent acts while on it. It should be much harder to get prescription drugs!
    So your answer is to make it harder for people to get medication that need it to survive? So far as I know, I can't just go to my local drug store and get whatever drug I would like.

Top Bottom