• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Oh why not. I'm going on the 28th. Hell, I only live 10 miles from downtown Austin. Haven't been to the Capital in a few years. The traffic sucks getting downtown though.

If I see Kory I'll ask him for some spare change so I can get a cup of coffee. Surely he wouldn't deny an old guy a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Wife has a eye doctor appointmenr. Won't be able to drive after.

If he does deny you coffee, he really is a sorry bastard.

from an idgit coffeeholic

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Was there a open carry rally today? I saw a news video showing guys walking around with bananas in their holster. They did a quick interview with CJ. Also showed bikers having a rally on the Capital steps.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Was there a open carry rally today? I saw a news video showing guys walking around with bananas in their holster. They did a quick interview with CJ. Also showed bikers having a rally on the Capital steps.

Nope they were showing scenes from the 13th. They showed me like 3 times, once about to light up a smoke and two different shots of my rifle. CJ was there today though talking to lawmakers and making clear that Kory did not represent us.

Edit: Take that back. I was watching KEYE which just recycled footage from the last rally. Just checked KVUEs website though and they had up to date footage. Odd because I drove by the capitol about 2:30 and only the bikers were there. Speaking of which glad to hear they might finally make it legal for bikers to go through lights that won't cycle, used to have that problem alot back when I rode.

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Fox News TV in Dallas just reported open carry will not pass this year. Dan Patrick is stating the votes are just not there to pass it.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Fox News TV in Dallas just reported open carry will not pass this year. Dan Patrick is stating the votes are just not there to pass it.

Heard that this morning as well. Though I think some of it is Patrick trying to talk people out of it. He's a former senator and he says there aren't votes in the senate to pass it. Wonder how much he's worked to kill it?

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Well the nightly Dallas Fox News just ran a story with more damaging audio and video from the open carry retards. These guys are determined to kill open carry and are very good at it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    dammit, this faggotry has to stop.
    We had good momentum going until opening day in Austin, then we took 2 steps back.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Even Fox News stated this was likely to pass up until the demonstrations. Apparently people are now phoning in threats to their elected officials. They had fresh audio from interviews with Kory too.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Threats of it foes or does not pass? Seems like threats would be very counter productive.

Or that is what someone is counting on.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.patrick.texas/posts/10152543325461836

[h=5]Dan Patrick

[/h]11 hrs ·
    CAMPUS CARRY MOVES FORWARD
    Please take a moment to read below and SHARE this post to help SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.
    There were inaccurate reports in the media and across the Internet yesterday regarding my comments concerning Open Carry legislation. Despite reports to the contrary, I have never changed my position on the issue. I remain a steadfast supporter of the second amendment and Open Carry legislation.
    As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead but suggested instead that, because the votes were not there (at this time), it had not risen to a level of priority....at this point. That is far different than saying an issue is not a priority, it just means work still needs to be done.
    There have been many inaccurate reports on the bill having had support last session and falling only one vote short. In reality, the bill never made it out of committee in either chamber. There was not a vote on Open Carry legislation last session on the floor in either chamber. People are confusing the issue with Campus Carry, which in fact did fall one vote short in the Senate. I was a co- author of that bill with Senator Birdwell.
    I am an avid gun owner, was endorsed by the NRA with an “A rating”, and have a 100% voting record on second amendment issues over 8 years. Any information you're hearing to the contrary is false.
    There are many in the Open Carry movement who are being productive and positive in helping to move the bill forward. The way to pass a bill is to build relationships and explain why your issue is good for Texas.
    Regarding the Second Amendment, our first priority this session is to pass Campus Carry. Today the bill was heard on first reading. We are now poised to pass it for the first time in history out of the Senate! Here is language from our press release from earlier today……
    There are a total of 5 or so NRA priorities this session and all are in various stages of work.
    Senate Gun Bills Update
    AUSTIN – Today, as previously planned, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick referred the following legislation to State Affairs:
    Senate Bill 11 (SB 11), Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on the campuses of and certain other locations associated with institutions of higher education, referred to State Affairs committee.
    Texas Lieutenant Governor, Dan Patrick, said, "I sent the Campus Carry bill to the State Affairs Committee for a full public hearing. The bill author already has 19 Senate co-authors which, because of last week's rule changes, is enough to bring it to the floor for passage. Once passed we will forward the bill to the Texas House as quickly as constitutionally allowed.
    "I am very pleased that the Senate is poised to cast this historic vote.
    "Now that SB 11 has support and is moving towards passage we can focus on other 2nd Amendment issues, including Open Carry, which I have consistently supported."

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

There have been many inaccurate reports on the bill having had support last session and falling only one vote short. In reality, the bill never made it out of committee in either chamber. There was not a vote on Open Carry legislation last session on the floor in either chamber.

But maybe the reason neither chamber voted on a bill last session was because Strauss and others bottled them up in committee. But this session it appeared Strauss couldn't take the heat for killing it again, so he tried to get Patrick to carry his water. But it looks like the water got a bit hot once Patrick publicly said he was going to carry it for him.

We need to stay vigilant on this. If not, they'll use some parliamentary gimmicks to ensure it doesn't go to the floor for a vote. A lot of the fakes DON'T want a vote on this. They would have to go on record for their vote. And a vote against OC (which many would do if they thought there would be no consequences) would be used against them in the next primary season.

Top Bottom