• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwjohns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Fort Worth Texas
    Corporate policy is very clear on the open carry subject and that particular store has elected not to follow it. Very sad.

Protect this House I will

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    it was clear those people had no clue what you were talking about
    they were ignorant. I can't tell you how many times I walk aroudn WM here and in front of managemnt and I have yet to be ask anything.
    I had one door greeter look like he was going to ask me, but he stopped and went away.

there is just no consistancy between the stores

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    it was clear those people had no clue what you were talking about
    they were ignorant. I can't tell you how many times I walk aroudn WM here and in front of managemnt and I have yet to be ask anything.
    I had one door greeter look like he was going to ask me, but he stopped and went away.

there is just no consistancy between the stores

On the flip side, the manager has complete legal authority to tell you to GTFO.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    FWIW ...
    IMO, you handled the entire episode, from the sign on the front door, to your exit, in an admirable, polite and respectful manner.
    Not an easy task in the face of corporate stupidity.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Why is it corporate stupidity? They didn't want him there. Why is that stupidity?

~ Corporate HQ says it's fine for him to be there.
    ~ Posting ambiguous signage which is not legal signage that accurately reflects corporate policy shows a lack of good judgement.
    ~ The obvious ignorance of corporate policy, legality of the circumstance, and lack of good sense displayed by ALL employees and "management" in the video.

All show the failure of the corporation to both provide, and expect behavior from their employees, from HQ on down, that shows good sense and judgment.

Behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment IS the definition of "stupidity" ... corporate or otherwise.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Considering I went down the street and spent $70 in about 10 minutes, I'd say kicking me out definitely counts as stupid. There's also the whole issue of this being 2016 and bad CS experiences are very easy to inform the world about.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    ~ Corporate HQ says it's fine for him to be there.
    ~ Posting ambiguous signage which is not legal signage that accurately reflects corporate policy shows a lack of good judgement.
    ~ The obvious ignorance of corporate policy, legality of the circumstance, and lack of good sense displayed by ALL employees and "management" in the video.

All show the failure of the corporation to both provide, and expect behavior from their employees, from HQ on down, that shows good sense and judgment.

Behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment IS the definition of "stupidity" ... corporate or otherwise.

Alternatively someone walking with a gun freaked them out and they acted as appropriately as possible, denying that person entrance.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Your dissembling ... the posting of a gun buster sign is legal, but it has no legal effect.

I didn't see a gunbuster sign. Did I miss that?

The one I did see was the new TABC signage about 'must be a handgun' and 'must be licensed' because it's still illegal for them to knowingly allow open carry of long guns per TABC rules.

Top Bottom