• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Great to hear! Of all the things it could have been, this was a good outcome. :)
    Yeah my mom has it, and evidently it’s one of those “if you live long enough you’ll get it” type of things even though I’m “only” 53.

I guess I need to relearn what I can and can’t eat…have already done this due to late-manifesting celiac (no gluten) I was diagnosed with about 10 years ago.

Getting old.
    It sucks.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Home now. A bit of discomfort is returning as the morphine wears off.

And I’m pretty upset that they wouldn’t give me an extra hit of morphine “for the road” :laughing:

Thanks everyone.
    Glad you are doing better. Take the meds as prescribed and until gone.
    Don't be a hard head like me......

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Ever have kidney stones? Beyond pain.
    Morphine is the only thing that keeps your carry where it belongs.
    Prayers in progress.
    Was in the ER about 6 weeks ago with what I was pretty sure was a kidney stone and sure enough it was. After a CT scan told me it was 7 mm stone. Prescribed Flomax and passed it the next day. It was painful but nothing like the last one years ago.
    Last one I had was about 35 years ago and that one was a little pinhead spiny thing that made me think it was not possible for someone to hurt that bad. By the time the wife got me to the ER I was curled up in a ball and screaming.
    IMG_1203.jpeg

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Looks like I have diverticulosis / diverticulitis. CT scan showed a little infected pocket in my gut. Just waiting on a few more tests.

Getting discharged soon with some antibiotics…would love a 12-pack of morphine drip but sadly they won’t prescribe that

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes…it means the world to me.
    Mother-in-law had a bad case of that a few years ago and they had to remove a few feet of her colon because of it. All good now and I don’t think she is even on restricted diet but could be wrong on that part. She was in a bad way for a while so understand your pain.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Was in the ER about 6 weeks ago with what I was pretty sure was a kidney stone and sure enough it was. After a CT scan told me it was 7 mm stone. Prescribed Flomax and passed it the next day. It was painful but nothing like the last one years ago.
    Last one I had was about 35 years ago and that one was a little pinhead spiny thing that made me think it was not possible for someone to hurt that bad. By the time the wife got me to the ER I was curled up in a ball and screaming.
    View attachment 481101
    Ditto on the screaming ball. Only once for me, 8yrs ago on the mountain, it was 9x3mm thankfully pointed in the right way so no surgery. Ambulance couldn't climb up to the cabin, I had to be 4x4'd down to the road. Two months later I had a driveway put in... just in case.

Top Bottom