TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Northern sky is pink.
    A few radiant streaks showing.
    Hoping for a decent aurora viewing in an hour or so.
    Ok, for once I envy your shade less, treeless horizon. :p
    Any pics? I heard on the news this AM using cellphone camera (or maybe any digital?) enhances the colors.
    I'll never know since I'm surrounded by 80' Pines.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ok, for once I envy your shade less, treeless horizon. :p
    Any pics? I heard on the news this AM using cellphone camera (or maybe any digital?) enhances the colors.
    I'll never know since I'm surrounded by 80' Pines.
    I waited for a "better show" to try a picture.
    It never happened. Kinda like letting a decent buck walk because you want a bigger rack, and getting skunked.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    As has already been pointed out, that's a horrible way for any animal to die.
    Animals have been eating each other for millinnea, it's called nature and it can't be changed.
    Likewise, you're wasting your time trying to reason with someone who is into animal cruelty.
    Karma calls on those people and I'm fine with that.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I went to Cycle Gear this evening and as the name implies, no bikes, just gear. I parked 40' from the full glass store front and 30' behind two well inked peeps next to liter hot rods. One was clearly a male and the other, not so much. Coulda been a thin built male or, a less than feminine looking fem. Browsing inside and eyeballing them, I finally determined she was in fact a female. A bit later while at my bike trying to get a (1 of 2) brake/tail light bulbs working AGAIN (4th or 5th time in a few days, it just won't stay seated properly), the pair donned helmets and backed out. Both on BMW 1000 sportbikes, his an RR and hers appeared to be much newer, maybe an RR. She wore a rigid torso protector, front and back, sleeveless top, tennis shoes and MFing yoga pants!!! Both of their rear tires were toast!

OK, you do you, even if it's stupid AF. :beat:

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    We’ll be expecting pics, or else it didn’t happen
    Did not take camera...

After I came home from THE PIN SHOOT....blame Micro crap Soft yuppydated the fool yuppyuter.:mad:

CAN NOT get pics from camera to cornfuzer! :mad:

The "2 fisted richard B. Tors" at YOUTUBE locked me out of my channel..."can not recognize device" or some such clap trap and for only $38.99/month? They will make it better...

I took pics of stages with my phone...

205 targets on SIX Stages!

Texas Star. Polish Plate Rack...

If? I can get another member to post them? I will ....(the cretins at Verizon chose to "yuppydate" my fool "yuppyfone"....) attempt to txt pics.......This may take a bit...

Most likely will have to take fone back to Verizon & have them "un yuppy date" it....:mad:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Howdy earthlings. I guess it’s technically good morning but I haven’t slept yet.

Winding down from working another game under the Friday night lights. A truly special time of year fraught with a lot of heartache too.

I decided to check in and take stock of where my life has been at lately. This may not be the place for it but you know me, I’m gonna do it anyway.

First, what has completely sucked this year since the start of summer:

* Hurricane Beryl ripped part of our roof off and I had gone rounds with insurance for the last 3 months

* My dog of 13 years died fairly suddenly. She was my teen’s best friend and I’ve been navigating how to help her through one of the worst moments of her young life. Not to mention everyone else’s grief which hasn’t left much space for my own.

* A good friend of mine I refereed football with died suddenly from a stroke. He was not even 60.

* September was the anniversary of a good friend deciding to take his own life and also the 16th anniversary of my dad’s passing. Both hurt a lot this year.

* Work has been subjecting us to nearly continuous layoffs and my team is dysfunctional.

* I’m not going to waste all of the bytes on it but I’m pretty sure I’m not far from going through the Big D and I don’t mean Dallas

But here’s some of the good and it’s been good:

* My kids are my life and they are both thriving in school, socially and in sports. My oldest just got into FFA and she loves it. It’s what she wants to do with her life.

* I’ve survived every work layoff so far and am on track for a promotion next year.

* I haven’t had a drink in about a month and have no desire for one.

* I am trying to quit dipping and while progress is slow, it’s happening and that is ok.

* Lost 20 pounds since the start of this year and I’m still going.

* My football crew and I are having a great season. Personally it’s the best I’ve had in years.

* I have found a sense of calmness and peace I haven’t felt in years if ever. I know life is going to be ok.

* I’m digging back into my faith and embracing it.

* There’s a whole lot more but I’m going to stop here.

Ok that was a lot, if you’re still with me, thanks for reading. I’m going to try hard not to be a stranger.

Paul Saver

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    beautiful-nature-high-definition_042323787_304.jpg

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Howdy earthlings. I guess it’s technically good morning but I haven’t slept yet.

Winding down from working another game under the Friday night lights. A truly special time of year fraught with a lot of heartache too.

I decided to check in and take stock of where my life has been at lately. This may not be the place for it but you know me, I’m gonna do it anyway.

First, what has completely sucked this year since the start of summer:

* Hurricane Beryl ripped part of our roof off and I had gone rounds with insurance for the last 3 months

* My dog of 13 years died fairly suddenly. She was my teen’s best friend and I’ve been navigating how to help her through one of the worst moments of her young life. Not to mention everyone else’s grief which hasn’t left much space for my own.

* A good friend of mine I refereed football with died suddenly from a stroke. He was not even 60.

* September was the anniversary of a good friend deciding to take his own life and also the 16th anniversary of my dad’s passing. Both hurt a lot this year.

* Work has been subjecting us to nearly continuous layoffs and my team is dysfunctional.

* I’m not going to waste all of the bytes on it but I’m pretty sure I’m not far from going through the Big D and I don’t mean Dallas

But here’s some of the good and it’s been good:

* My kids are my life and they are both thriving in school, socially and in sports. My oldest just got into FFA and she loves it. It’s what she wants to do with her life.

* I’ve survived every work layoff so far and am on track for a promotion next year.

* I haven’t had a drink in about a month and have no desire for one.

* I am trying to quit dipping and while progress is slow, it’s happening and that is ok.

* Lost 20 pounds since the start of this year and I’m still going.

* My football crew and I are having a great season. Personally it’s the best I’ve had in years.

* I have found a sense of calmness and peace I haven’t felt in years if ever. I know life is going to be ok.

* I’m digging back into my faith and embracing it.

* There’s a whole lot more but I’m going to stop here.

Ok that was a lot, if you’re still with me, thanks for reading. I’m going to try hard not to be a stranger.
    Prayers sent...

Top Bottom