• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I remember when it was closer to $.35/gal.
    It hasn't been close to $1.35 for quite a few decades.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It dipped below a dollar for several months in 1999. I remember because it was the first year of my marriage and the apartment we lived in was near a Diamond Shamrock I always went to. Stayed below $1.35 for a good chunk of that year. So, two and a half decades. When I was in high school in the late 80s it was around that price too.

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    I like that part of the country. Dad was stationed at Ft. Sill and we lived in Geronimo OK for about 5 years. I had an Uncle who was an army vet who served in Viet-nam. He became a civilian mechanic at Sheppard Air Base.
    Not that it's any of my business, but what-ya doing in that neck of the woods.
    (Actually up there I suppose it'd be neck of the Johnson grass.)
    As part of my Semi-retirement I still consult from time to time and have a fairly good sized undertaking going on up here that just needed a little extra expertise.
    Be up her most of this week and all of next.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Mornin.
    It dipped below a dollar for several months in 1999. I remember because it was the first year of my marriage and the apartment we lived in was near a Diamond Shamrock I always went to. Stayed below $1.35 for a good chunk of that year. So, two and a half decades. When I was in high school in the late 80s it was around that price too.
    Maybe I am getting senile, we were in two different places or gas stations were having a price war. Don't know. It's possible it's all three. From what I remember, It was about $1.60-$1.80 about that time. I have slept since then. I don't remember it being below that since about 1983.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom