• Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Yes sir. $426.00 out of pocket for six (6) days. My doctor told me it was expensive but didn't say how much.
    He also told me that if I didn't want to spend that much money that I could continue using the inhaler I already have,

Arrgh. That's not good. The average month has 30.417 days (not counting leap year). So that would work out to $2,159.61 each month! Prayers lifted up for you.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    These GD solar farm contractors have more than 2000 acres they're building on but for some reason felt the need to muster their equipment less than 100' from my bedroom window this morning about 6.
    I was awake but that's not the point really. Jumped in the side by side and "politely" told them move the f**k on. I can't really afford lawyers.
    View attachment 467855

So the neighbors in the country are being noisy in the morning?

I hope you were polite because those guys are just working men doing a job. Generally they'll be easy to get along with if you approach them like a decent neighbor.

Hard to tell exactly how you handled it but if you're a dick they can make your life hell.

What would a lawyer do anyways? You live in the country and if they're not trespassing is there a law being broken?

Starting the whole interaction as a Karen isn't the way to go.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Do you have an awl or a point punch and ball peen hammer? No fuel no noise.
    Are you advocating illegal activity?

I know it's a joke and all in good fun but some members may take these comments the wrong way.

I mean really, let's go mess with guys in the country that have equipment that can dig a 6' hole in a matter of minutes.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US

I hope you were polite because those guys are just working men doing a job. Generally they'll be easy to get along with if you approach them like a decent neighbor.

Hard to tell exactly how you handled it but if you're a dick they can make your life hell.

What would a lawyer do anyways? You live in the country and if they're not trespassing is there a law being broken?

On the rear window of my pickup is a quality vinyl decal that says back off city boy.... I understood the jest of the post immediately, and I'm quite sure he was mostly VENTING or in the vernacular, ranting. And likely was not actually threatening in his verbiage to them, however probably did convey his displeasure.
    Johnny

~ strength and honor ~

Last edited:

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    I know it's a joke and all in good fun but some members may take these comments the wrong way.

I mean really, let's go mess with guys in the country that have equipment that can dig a 6' hole in a matter of minutes.
    I am not sure there is a member on here that stupid, at least I have not met one, yet.
    But you are correct, if the soil is not too rocky, I can dig you a 6x3x6 hole in about 5 minutes. CAT416D

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Ya know, I'm not gonna go try to look this up but--just purely hypothetical, mind you--let's say a person lives on a plot of land large enough that his particular county cannot restrict the creation of a shooting range, assuming all conventions of a nice berm and all other particulars are adhered to.

Assuming also that the direction of fire of said range never crosses a road or someone else's property line, how close can the place the trigger's pulled be to a roadway? Or the location of the berm to the roadway? Do these have to be a certain distance from the road to stay legal? Could the launch-point be 20 yards from the road? 40 yards?

And what if said person wished to use tannerite targets in front of the berm? Could those be 20 yards from the roadway?

Completely and utterly hypothetical. Asking for a friend.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Ya know, I'm not gonna go try to look this up but--just purely hypothetical, mind you--let's say a person lives on a plot of land large enough that his particular county cannot restrict the creation of a shooting range, assuming all conventions of a nice berm and all other particulars are adhered to.

Assuming also that the direction of fire of said range never crosses a road or someone else's property line, how close can the place the trigger's pulled be to a roadway? Or the location of the berm to the roadway? Do these have to be a certain distance from the road to stay legal? Could the launch-point be 20 yards from the road? 40 yards?

And what if said person wished to use tannerite targets in front of the berm? Could those be 20 yards from the roadway?

:popcorn:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Yeah, having a safe and legal shooting meet is going to really teach them a lesson.

What would you think if you saw 15 - 20 armed men and women shooting at targets the opposite direction from
    you, but glancing your direction every once and a while, but not making any threatening gestures?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Happens all the time. I have a shooting bench about 10 yards off a county road.
    I wouldn't shoot parallel to the road, obviously.
    I wouldn't use tannerite on a berm within 100 yds of a public road.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1723679580741.png

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

I think you are assuming things without context and are responding to a brief sardonic post.

They don't pay any attention to the old man yelling at clouds.

The lawyer part I shouldn't have mentioned because I don't intend to explain it.

Rein it in a bit cowboy.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Arrgh. That's not good. The average month has 30.417 days (not counting leap year). So that would work out to $2,159.61 each month! Prayers lifted up for you.
    I'll try to put this in layman s words.

My cost for the new inhaler was $425.00. This is for a 6 day supply of inhales at 1 per day.

$425.00 divided by 6 and also known as your goesintas or 6 into 425.00 = 70.8333333. so I dumb it
    down to 70 or $70.00 per day.

Now keep in mind that I only need these for the 6 day period.

Top Bottom