• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Morning. My truck got rear-ended yesterday, sub-5mph hit by a guy who misjudged his stopping distance. No visible damage. I have to take my truck in to the mechanic today anyway, so I'll have them check it. And yes, I did get his insurance and contact info. I didn't give him mine....but that was on purpose.
    Surprised he didn't start moaning about whip lash, and call an ambulance for his pregnant wife!

That's the usual rear-end scam ...

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I thought you could have some black coffee.
    May want to check when you get there for next time.

You right. I knew coffee doesn’t spike your insulin. Ok before blood work. Don’t know what I was thinking. Drinking coffee now on my way to the ranch to do some mowing. It’s gonna be hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Goodness. I'm pretty sure my blood wouldn't look like my blood if there weren't coffee in it. Did you ever read the the Lee Child Reacher books? Reacher drinks coffee basically in place of every other liquid, including water. I think I must be a cousin somewhere along the line...

I don’t drink soft drinks anymore. Coffee everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_2033.jpeg

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Well, I got 5 years on ya, but to me it feels too fast. Hopefully you won't have someone trying to assassinate a president on your birthday.
    God forbid, I firmly believe that Trump is the man for such a time as this. He needed to feel anger, frustration, pain and fear. Now he is uniquely ready.

And thanks to everyone for the well wishes and having made me welcome these past few years...it really is a family.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Surprised he didn't start moaning about whip lash, and call an ambulance for his pregnant wife!

That's the usual rear-end scam ...

He was by himself. Said he was working a job in the area but lived in Conroe. Seemed legit....and I work with liars on a daily basis.

Mechanic checked my truck....no damage done. I'm going to let it slide. Too much else on my plate to address before I go back to school.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Many years ago we lived in a bedroom community of a larger town/small city. We eventually bought a fixer upper (built in 1898 with rough cut cedar) in town.

A few yeas later we were back in the old neighborhood and decided to drive by the old place. An elderly gentleman who lived right across the street from us had been a dear friend, but had gone to an assisted living place.

Passing his house, I thought I saw his vehicle in the drive way and lights on in the house. I was approaching an intersection, but my brain shut down as I contemplated whether or not he may have moved back home. I slammed my breaks a few yards short of the intersection to get a better look at the vehicles. The house was about to block my view.

A second after I screeched to a stop I felt a bump from behind. The lady behind me rear ended me. Now let me be clear, this was my fault. She hadn't been tailgating me, but of course assumed my stop would be at the stop sign at the intersection. My stoping so fast a few yards shy caught her off guard. She did manage to slough off enough speed that we just tapped.

I got out and profusely apologized. Neither vehicle had any damage and I thought I'd gotten off lucky. But the lady was adamant that we call the police because of her husband. (Looking back I think she may have been abused and was terrified of him.) OK, I'm at fault so if she want to call the cops I didn't feel right about refusing. So we made the call.

It didn't take long before an officer showed up. He looked the situation over and started to write the lady a ticket. I tried to explain that I was the one at fault. He looked at her vehicle rear ending mine and just couldn't get his heard around it. The look on his face was priceless as I pleaded my guilt.

He eventually accepted my confession, but declined to write me a ticket. He did fill out a police report that (hopefully) got the lady of the hook with her husband.

Top Bottom