• ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    In case you missed it --

Source: Overnight talk radio news break, KLBJ Austin.

Some of the artists and vendors at the upcoming SXSW event have filed a protest re military/arms/etc presence there also; Gov Abbott's reply - Fine. Bye. Don't come back.

Gawd I love this state. :laughing:
    Hey Miss MG,

I got a great idea!

Them don't like it heah?

We deport them...Say mayhaps...air drop them in the Amazon basin....sans para chute!

1710334525647.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was scrolling by on some news feed and I missed the details. What's this about Canada considering a law to make hate speech punishable by life in prison? The story said it was basically a narrow set of circumstances that would be required, specifically, publicly advocating for genocide. If someone does that, sure, they're contemptible. But life in prison?

There were also a bunch of lesser examples of hate speech for which you could be sentenced to up to 5 years, IIRC.

All I can find at the moment is an article behind a Fox paywall titled:

Canadian law endorsed by Trudeau government could imprison people for life for speech crimes​

Advocates of the bill say it is intended to create a safer environment on social media for young people​

ETA - I found a too-detailed rundown of the situation from a Canadian lawyer. The bottom line is that Justin Trudeau is trying to bring back a law Canada once had that allowed complaints against anyone for hate speech to be adjudicated by a human rights commission, at great expense to the accused. The process was the punishment. There are a few of the super-woke who want to bring it back even though it was repealed years ago due to rampant abuse by complainants who just wanted to cause trouble for people with whose politics they disagreed.

It's a fascinating video if you're into how constitutions don't protect free speech in other countries, even ones we consider semi-normal. It's probably goes way too far into the weeds to appeal to anyone reading this but here's the video if you're weirdly interested in this stuff like me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom