popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Hey, Pops. Sleeping in a bit today?

I wished. Over slept a tad. Had to be at my job site before 6 and didn't wake you til 4:45 and it's a 45 minuet drive to work.

an old high school friends sons girlfriend is the office manager of an engineering company. They needed to enlarge a room by 10'x25' and asked me to build it. After the room was completed, they wanted a couple of platforms built so they could raise some equipment off the floor. They are getting certified by the DOT so they can do some of their structure testing. 1 platform was 48"x26" x 48" high and was built with 2x6's and 3'4 plywood. But before I could build it, I had to demo 5 LF of cabinets and counter top. 2nd platform was 43"x47"x 6 inches high. Built with 2x4s 5 1/2 inches high. Shot to the floor with my ram set, 2 1/2 inch spikes and 22 blanks. Shot to the concrete every 6 inches and 3/4 plywood screwed down every 6 inches. And now they added a phase 3 which I'll find out about tomorrow.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I wished. Over slept a tad. Had to be at my job site before 6 and didn't wake you til 4:45 and it's a 45 minuet drive to work.

an old high school friends sons girlfriend is the office manager of an engineering company. They needed to enlarge a room by 10'x25' and asked me to build it. After the room was completed, they wanted a couple of platforms built so they could raise some equipment off the floor. They are getting certified by the DOT so they can do some of their structure testing. 1 platform was 48"x26" x 48" high and was built with 2x6's and 3'4 plywood. But before I could build it, I had to demo 5 LF of cabinets and counter top. 2nd platform was 43"x47"x 6 inches high. Built with 2x4s 5 1/2 inches high. Shot to the floor with my ram set, 2 1/2 inch spikes and 22 blanks. Shot to the concrete every 6 inches and 3/4 plywood screwed down every 6 inches. And now they added a phase 3 which I'll find out about tomorrow.

Yeah, 30 minutes to get ready can be pushing it a bit - I've done it quite a few times. Sounds like a hell of a project. Are you doing the construction solo or do you have anyone helping?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Yeah, 30 minutes to get ready can be pushing it a bit - I've done it quite a few times. Sounds like a hell of a project. Are you doing the construction solo or do you have anyone helping?

Solo. It's really just a 1 man job because there is only room for 1 person to work. A helper would be only standing around and watching.
    I'm doing this project at time and material and wouldn't feel right to charge for a stand around helper.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Solo. It's really just a 1 man job because there is only room for 1 person to work. A helper would be only standing around and watching.
    I'm doing this project at time and material and wouldn't feel right to charge for a stand around helper.
    OK!

I can be a ride my scooter helper...

Tell them to send gas money! :roflfunny:

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Working at our crude oil terminal in Cushing, Oklahoma this week and saw this sign in the restroom...I don't even wanna know what led to this landing on the wall. My girls would call that an assplosion.
    767556fc76ecfd7b9db7738a8a99926c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    After dining to Taco Smell..........it was ................ LAUNCH time!

Top Bottom