• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy. Interesting happenstance last night. Went to an outdoor live music venue last night; the location isn’t a 51% location, nor posted .05, .06, .07. The venue had armed private security (not off duty LE) at the gate who advised if I had a pocket knife, I couldn’t bring it in. Went back to the truck and deposited the blade. Came back and they asked what was clipped to my pocket, so I showed them my flashlight and got waved thru. Since they didn’t mention anything about guns, I figured what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them.

@benenglish, I have a twitter account there’s never, ever been used to post anything. One of my prior roles in leadership development required I have an account and it be aasociated with my employer. The role actually prohibited me from making a post though. It was basically a demo account so my cohort of leaders understood where the line was crossed for FINRA registered employers.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Pics please

[edit] what is meant by “dry pour” - you don’t mix the concrete with water before pouring in the frame?
    Yes! Pour in dry, screed, smooth and then add water. Costs a hell of a lot less, and from what I've learned, no less as strong.

Finished screeding and smoothing it out. Started misting, then soaking. Two more soakings to go. I have to wait 48 hours to remove the forms, then I will surely take pics and post them, so probably Wednesday since I work all day Tuesday.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Howdy. Interesting happenstance last night. Went to an outdoor live music venue last night; the location isn’t a 51% location, nor posted .05, .06, .07. The venue had armed private security (not off duty LE) at the gate who advised if I had a pocket knife, I couldn’t bring it in. Went back to the truck and deposited the blade. Came back and they asked what was clipped to my pocket, so I showed them my flashlight and got waved thru. Since they didn’t mention anything about guns, I figured what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them.

@benenglish, I have a twitter account there’s never, ever been used to post anything. One of my prior roles in leadership development required I have an account and it be aasociated with my employer. The role actually prohibited me from making a post though. It was basically a demo account so my cohort of leaders understood where the line was crossed for FINRA registered employers.
    My employer wanted me to get a Twitter account. I told them no for the same reason I won't get a Tik Tok account. I don't want to be a part of the shitshow.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So.... your date went well, then? :)
    Our fourth date. She’s teaching me a lot. She’s a single mom and was married longer than I was. She’s teaching me the appeal to one date at a time. Start as friends, get to know each other, both of us aren’t talking to anyone else. A heavy make out session last night and clear indicators things are progressing. I’m not worried about the sex. Learning about her is way more fun. Spending time with her is amazing.

She’s originally from Louisiana. She loves nature. Grew up in the sticks/small town. She knows how to work her own power tools and build her own stuff. And she’s a knock out. Absolutely gorgeous.

We had a conversation at dinner about our past and why I’m looking for a good Christian woman and why I’m chasing her. She says you mean catching.

Her birthday is one day after mine.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    About a month ago I had a small project that I really needed a table saw for. I usually rent one, because there’s so few projects I need a table saw for. But when you need one, you need one and all the tool rental places were closed or rented out, so I ended up having to buy one; a little 10” portable Ryobi because I didn’t want to shell out yellow dollars for something I really didn’t want to buy anyways.

Fast forward to today. One of the drawers in our kitchen cabinets had the bottom damn near fall out because there was too much silverware for the unsupported span.

20 mins and 5 cuts later problem solved. Problem staying solved. Rangers Lead The Way.

a93d89f82d6aa44c2da851a21e25a843.jpg

Like I said, nobody needs a table saw until you really need one. One cut to size 4 1”x2” boards to size, then 4 rips to get to the right thickness. All of about 2 mins of adjust the fence and do the cut.

Today, I was finally thankful I bought that tool.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    About a month ago I had a small project that I really needed a table saw for. I usually rent one, because there’s so few projects I need a table saw for. But when you need one, you need one and all the tool rental places were closed or rented out, so I ended up having to buy one; a little 10” portable Ryobi because I didn’t want to shell out yellow dollars for something I really didn’t want to buy anyways.

Fast forward to today. One of the drawers in our kitchen cabinets had the bottom damn near fall out because there was too much silverware for the unsupported span.

20 mins and 5 cuts later problem solved. Problem staying solved. Rangers Lead The Way.

Like I said, nobody needs a table saw until you really need one. One cut to size 4 1”x2” boards to size, then 4 rips to get to the right thickness. All of about 2 mins of adjust the fence and do the cut.

I'll borrow or rent a tool once, if I need it more it's time to purchase it.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town

I bought a table saw years ago after trying to rip a 2x4 with a skill saw. They do come in handy

Top Bottom