• Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    IMG_4952.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I could taste the vanilla in my breakfast drink/shake this morning. Up till today it's been a cardboard like pasty drink. Smelling then tasting it was awesome. I wish I had strawberry left. I guess I'll buy those tomorrow if I decide to replenish my supply. I probably should since in just moving back to food and it's still a painful chore to eat. My tounge has a stiff thick belt of scar tissue and some really sore spots still but it's healing. My taste is limited to mostly the right side of my mouth but it's coming back.

I have been eating pasta and mashed potatoes and meatloaf tv dinners so I talked the wife into making meatloaf mashed potatoes and fresh corn on the cob. I can taste salt meat and cheddar cheese so this ought to be a decent meal if the meat loaf is soft enough. Maybe some nice brown gravy and onions. I hope I don't make myself sick. I think small portions will be OK and that also means mash potatoe bowls for left overs. Some taters corn and meat loaf and gravy in a bowl makes a nice meal.

I can almost taste that medium large filet at texas roadhouse. I probably will have to wait till after I finish chemo for all my taste to return but it's coming.

I yawned last night for the first time in months. OH MY LORD GOD WHO REIGNS IN HEAVEN that hurt. Stretching the tounge mouth and throat all that are coverd is scar tissue or recently healed/healing sores was ungodly painful. Ofcourse my body has a sense of morbid sadistic humor so it had to do it like 5 times in a row.

The stuff you take for granted. Simple joys in life like being able to taste your food or even eat food thicker than baby food.

So I havnt drank diet soda in months. Just water and the liquid diet high calorie shakes. I guess there is no reason to even start again. Only water has been fine fir the last few months so I guess I will stick with that and unsweetened tea.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Morning.....Sunday Church Day....

I could taste the vanilla in my breakfast drink/shake this morning. Up till today it's been a cardboard like pasty drink. Smelling then tasting it was awesome. I wish I had strawberry left. I guess I'll buy those tomorrow if I decide to replenish my supply. I probably should since in just moving back to food and it's still a painful chore to eat. My tounge has a stiff thick belt of scar tissue and some really sore spots still but it's healing. My taste is limited to mostly the right side of my mouth but it's coming back.

I have been eating pasta and mashed potatoes and meatloaf tv dinners so I talked the wife into making meatloaf mashed potatoes and fresh corn on the cob. I can taste salt meat and cheddar cheese so this ought to be a decent meal if the meat loaf is soft enough. Maybe some nice brown gravy and onions. I hope I don't make myself sick. I think small portions will be OK and that also means mash potatoe bowls for left overs. Some taters corn and meat loaf and gravy in a bowl makes a nice meal.

I can almost taste that medium large filet at texas roadhouse. I probably will have to wait till after I finish chemo for all my taste to return but it's coming.

I yawned last night for the first time in months. OH MY LORD GOD WHO REIGNS IN HEAVEN that hurt. Stretching the tounge mouth and throat all that are coverd is scar tissue or recently healed/healing sores was ungodly painful. Ofcourse my body has a sense of morbid sadistic humor so it had to do it like 5 times in a row.

The stuff you take for granted. Simple joys in life like being able to taste your food or even eat food thicker than baby food.

So I havnt drank diet soda in months. Just water and the liquid diet high calorie shakes. I guess there is no reason to even start again. Only water has been fine fir the last few months so I guess I will stick with that and unsweetened tea.

Even small steps are steps forward. Glad to see you progressing...

Top Bottom