No, but yesterday sure was. :laughing:

girl sticking her tongue out.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When i'm driving with google maps on and the voice says, "there is a speed trap of ahead"
    Well automatically in my head I think..

Selma Town
    But no local yokel gonna shut me down..
    there is a small town in east texas called wells that is notorious for their speed traps i use to travel through there a lot for service calls and always minded my speed!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Selma, in the 70s was also a good place to scare the $#it out of you, at 2AM when you stop at a run down gas station because ya gotta piss so bad your eyes are floating.

Early in my marriage I was driving my wife's best friend up from Austin to Dallas. Lisa was pregnant and as a result we were stopping about every 45 minutes for bathroom breaks. Not long after we passed Hillsboro on I-35, she sighed and announced the need for yet another potty break, and the only place we could do it was...Carl's Corner.

Now I don't know if many of you ever stopped there before Willie Nelson bought it out, and was then bought out by Petro, but when Carl his-self owned and ran Carl's Corner, well it was something else. It was a convenience store straight out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, complete with display cases full of roadkill skulls for sale. I shit you not. And in the back...there was a topless bar. Lisa's eyes got big and she huddled up against me as we walked in and took stock of the place, but her bladder would not be denied so she took my hand and we found our way back to the bathrooms. We looked at the closed doors to the topless bar for a second, looked at each other, and shook our heads. We just didn't want to know.

She later told me she seriously considered having me go into the bathroom with her and guard the outside of the stall. When we related the tale to my wife later, the best description either of us could come up with for the store was "inbred, redneck, cousin-fucking hell".

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    She later told me she seriously considered having me go into the bathroom with her and guard the outside of the stall. When we related the tale to my wife later, the best description either of us could come up with for the store was "inbred, redneck, cousin-fucking hell".
    Been there, and did that, with my wife, same place.

Top Bottom