• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    71 years of iron sights only, no mas ...

Attachments

• NoMasIron.jpg
      NoMasIron.jpg
      87 KB · Views: 46

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Morning all. Hoping today flys by so it can be tomorrow and I can pay off my truck tomorrow morning and go back to living like a normal person. We’ve been forking over 3/4 of every paycheck for the last 3.5 months just to get this thing paid and done with. We didn’t know we’d be staying here when we got here so we weren’t budgeted for another vehicle. Didn’t feel the need for one when traveling around in the motorhome. When we decided to call this home we needed something and we made it work thanks to a good neighbor selling an old crew cab S10 in damn near perfect condition with 70k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats and good on ya.
    Owing nothing is the ultimate freedom.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Congrats and good on ya.
    Owing nothing is the ultimate freedom.

Thanks and exactly. We want to keep it to zero credit payments unless absolutely necessary. We’ve made that mistake plenty of times in the past. When we sold the house and bought the motorhome we also sold the car and motorcycle that we had payments on. No more of that. Now the only regular bills we have are insurance and phone/internet.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    A

Agreed! Now, if we can just do away with property taxes.....100% ultimate freedom!

That would be nice. But at this point and time I’m fine with not owning land. As long as property tax exists you’re just renting it from the govt anyway. For now I like the prospect of being able to go wherever, whenever we wish should situations force us to relocate.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    We did, through deferment.
    It's not the right choice for everyone's situation, but it was for ours.
    For sure! But only works for a small percentage (but when it does, GOOD FOR YOU!). In a few years, I'll be looking at that route or the "sell everything and buy an RV".

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    For sure! But only works for a small percentage (but when it does, GOOD FOR YOU!). In a few years, I'll be looking at that route or the "sell everything and buy an RV".
    Exactly! Having that extra $3800/yr now is a great option for those (over 65) who know the property will be sold at the end and not 'inherited' (we've no heirs). I've done the RV thing, it's not a bad life if you can keep it simple and small. :)

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission

The “sell everything and buy an RV” route has made this the happiest, least stressed and mentally clear part of our lives so far. I know It’s definitely not for everyone but living as a quasi minimalist has done a lot for us. We only keep useful stuff that we need and can come with us. If stuff comes in, stuff goes out. We don’t have a big house to clean and maintain. Very little in the way of bills. And the default living situation usually puts us in a community with mostly like minded individuals. It’s also a very neighbors helping neighbors kind of community. People I met here only 6 months ago would give you the shirt off their back if ya needed it and I’d do the same.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Just don't buy a rv from 2020 to 2024. They were all made fast and cheap and there will be a reckoning when they all start falling apart. As it is it seems half the people buy a new rv and it sets for months waiting on parts to fix shit that should have been perfect from the factory.

You need a higher end vehicle or an older 4 season well maintained vehicle.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Just don't buy a rv from 2020 to 2024. They were all made fast and cheap and there will be a reckoning when they all start falling apart. As it is it seems half the people buy a new rv and it sets for months waiting on parts to fix shit that should have been perfect from the factory.

You need a higher end vehicle or an older 4 season well maintained vehicle.

That’s good advice. One of my neighbors just bought a brand new Alliance 5th wheel. Beautiful rig but he’s been having all kinds of little issues already. Nothing major yet but enough to be annoying. In contrast my motorhome is a 25 year old Fleetwood. All original equipment. All I’ve had to do over the last year is basic maintenance and upgrades.

Top Bottom