• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Lots of wind and flickering power at my house. It was a half dozen of those blink-outs that turn off some of your electronics but not others.

Man, that's annoying.

70 years ago they were promising us that local nuclear power plants would provide enough electricity for everyone, they'd be totally reliable, and the electricity would be too cheap to bother metering it.

I want that. And my flying car. :)
    And a pony in the back yard ...

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm so glad this is the last weekend after radiation. Your body is realizing the new burn damage done to it over the last week and responds with vengeful wrath. The pain always goes up orders of magnitude. The medication adjustment from last Monday is useless now. Thankfully the doc upped my percocet allowance for the day so I can somewhat adjust for that. Still, if you have ever burned yourself on hot sugar or corn syrup while someone was making candy you have a good idea of the intensity of the pain in a few spots. For proof God has a sense of humor my worst spot this weekend is on the side and bottom of my tounge that either scrapes against my teeth or has to move when you swallow talk or cough.

Still that parts done and it's all down hill from here. There is a silver lining to this dark cloud.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    School's out, picked up Linda at Little Rock airport this past Friday morning, coming in from Houston. Last visit: Thanksgiving 2022.

Ever since our lake Bluebird house fell apart last year; the one her beloved Uncle Teet RIP (from Gurdon, AR) gave her (way before we met, 40 years ago), I've been trying to entice bluebirds back to the new one. No luck.

However: only hours after she arrived, lo and behold, Bluebirds!, coincidence/magic? (I doubt TSA allowed that in her carryon):

Before you decide, here's some context for that bit of Linda Lowe magic ... uncanny!:

Attachments

• Bluebird1.jpg
      Bluebird1.jpg
      140.9 KB · Views: 22
    • Bluebird2.jpg
      Bluebird2.jpg
      302.3 KB · Views: 23
    Top Bottom