• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My MIL with intermediate stage Alzheimer’s is staying with us for the holidays. It is tough to see her in this state. I’ve known her for almost 36 years. She will turn 73 in two weeks.

She is at the stage where she knows us and has old memories. She knows she has Alzheimer’s, but doesn’t realize how bad it truly is.

Yesterday, we went to a Thai restaurant for lunch. We ordered a Thai version of calamari. She ate 3 pieces, but asked what it was before each one because she hadn’t eaten it before.

We’ve been in this house for 12 1/2 years and I cannot tell you how many times she has visited. However, she has to ask where the restroom is every time she needs to go.

I don’t know how many times last evening we told her what the day was and that today was Thanksgiving. Each time, she was surprised that it was Thanksgiving already.

We’ve lost several family members to cancer over the years, but this is hard to watch.
    You have my deepest sympathies and condolences. It is hard to see someone going through that disease. Honestly, it's heartbreaking. Went through it with my grandmother. She became someone I no longer could recognize anymore. So much so, that I prayed to God to take here to stop her from suffering. When she passed, I wasn't sad, and didn't cry. She wasn't suffering anymore.
    Hurley's Gold

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Wow

Screenshot_20211125-081146_Gmail.jpg

Top Bottom