TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    It’s beer o’clock
    45588FD6-E566-4DC3-A8F7-F44EF8FFFAB6.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ya, shes been getting it caught for an instant for a while but today it got stuck good. The thing weighs probably 5 plus pounds. It metal decorative. She threw it across the kitchen.

As for the pulling, I always end that as a puppy by lifting up as your training them. They will all still pill a bit at times but mine stops and sits if I holler at or tap her butt with my toe. She will stop and sit even with a bunch of dogs barking at her next to a fence.

I've worked with working dogs, drug detectors, and my daughters big collie shepherd mix that we had to get one of the chain choke collars with the prongs. It stops them in their tracks but it isnt a first choice and the handler needs to know it can hurt them and is not to be used improperly. In both cases a regular collar or harness is used to control the dog if it needs to be held more then a few seconds.

In my daughters case that dog would drag her all over the park, a big unneuterd male, but once she went to the pronged choker he walks right beside her. He won't pull enough to hurt himself and she keeps him in a harness for holding on if needed.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    My pooches are chipped and don't wear collars. However, they do wear harnesses when they're out for their evening walk. The harnesses have dog license and vaccination tags.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

The collar and tag in the photo stays on 24/7, and is specifically, and hopefully, key in getting her back when one of the many visitors to the lake house ignore the "Don't let the dog out!" signs posted on both sides of every entry door. (I've come close to adding "do so under penalty of death")

This pup would not last the night outside in this rural area of AR. I do everything I can to keep her safe, and not wearing some type of identification, indoor and out, especially if she gets out by accident, is not an option.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hate raking leaves and such. So a couple of years ago, I made a ground drag for the yard out of a heavy 4' x 6' metal frame, some old chain link fencing, and some concrete blocks.

Could use a little rain because it's dusty out there.

Top Bottom