• ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Mawnin misfits

Finally all moved in. Spent most the weekend hanging pictures & decor. Now I gotta figure out some furniture ideas for the man cave/reloading room.

Id like to have something like this...but dont want to drop $2k.

What kinda ideas yall got for a poor guy?
    Screenshot_20210426-081630_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Mawnin misfits

Finally all moved in. Spent most the weekend hanging pictures & decor. Now I gotta figure out some furniture ideas for the man cave/reloading room.

Id like to have something like this...but dont want to drop $2k.

What kinda ideas yall got for a poor guy?

First things first. When faced with that dilemma at the lake house, figured the best thing to do was to get all tools in one place, (mainly so the old man shop dummy could at least remember where they were supposed to be).

This Husky from Home Depot was a good choice, although it is the first "work bench" I ever bought, as I always built them myself in the past, the wood alone would likely cost you that $2k at today's prices. :(

Bench.jpg

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I forgot to tell you it took me years to collect all that.

I hear ya....Sometimes im an instant gratification kinda guy...lol.

I just remembered theres a reclaimed building place not to far. I know they got windows, doors, ect. Ill cheklck em out. Also theres a few resale type shops around. Im sure i can aquire a few pieces, then paint to match.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I hear ya....Sometimes im an instant gratification kinda guy...lol.

I just remembered theres a reclaimed building place not to far. I know they got windows, doors, ect. Ill cheklck em out. Also theres a few resale type shops around. Im sure i can aquire a few pieces, then paint to match.

Check out Lowes and Home Depot for unfinished kitchen base and wall cabinets.
    While they're usually made of termite shit (aka particle board), you can usually find them for around a hundred or less depending on size.
    Put plywood on top of the base cabinets, and wall cabinets can be stacked on top of that for more space.

ETA: turned these two $20 wall cabinets from a Restore into this (after all, it's only a lake house!)
    WallCabinet1.JPG

WallCabinet2.JPG

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    "You dont throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!"

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Mile walk done.
    300 crippled man push ups done. Need lots of percocet to walk that much but it's a good trade off for good health.

Weigh 215 lbs this morning. That's 30 lbs down from Thanksgiving. 55lbs down from my surgery 18 months ago.

Also, about 135 lbs down from my high of 350 about 10 years.

Not bad for a guy who is still limited to a couple hours every other day on my feet.

Never let them start cutting on your back. The fun never ends.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Watching the latest episode of "City on a Hill".

Why would an FBI agent remove his handgun before walking through the courthouse metal detector?
    Is that normal?
    Is it just to not set it off?

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Check out Lowes and Home Depot for unfinished kitchen base and wall cabinets.
    While they're usually made of termite shit (aka particle board), you can usually find them for around a hundred or less depending on size.
    Put plywood on top of the base cabinets, and wall cabinets can be stacked on top of that for more space.

ETA: turned these two $20 wall cabinets from a Restore into this (after all, it's only a lake house!)
    View attachment 253682
    View attachment 253683

Those turned out good. Hopefully i can find something similar & can turn it into a piece of art.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Watching the latest episode of "City on a Hill".

Why would an FBI agent remove his handgun before walking through the courthouse metal detector?
    Is that normal?
    Is it just to not set it off?
    I have never removed my weapon to walk thru a metal detector on duty. If going into a secure area there are places to check a weapon. A couple places had weapons lockers at the security desk but never just to clear the detector then back on.

Others milage may vary.
    I went into courthouses both local and federal, police stations, airports and even on airplanes armed.

Secure areas of prisons jails and lockups are different.

Thus was 20 years ago though. I have heard of federal buildings that disarmed everyone in certain places but never experienced it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have never removed my weapon to walk thru a metal detector on duty. If going into a secure area there are places to check a weapon. A couple places had weapons lockers at the security desk but never just to clear the detector then back on.

Others milage may vary.
    I went into courthouses both local and federal, police stations, airports and even on airplanes armed.

Secure areas of prisons jails and lockups are different.

Thus was 20 years ago though. I have heard of federal buildings that disarmed everyone in certain places but never experienced it.

The show is set in the 70s, don't know if that makes a difference.

He literally took it off his belt, set it down and walked through, then put it back on.

Top Bottom