• ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    In addition to my previous comment, I just want to toss this out there.....I found this little read in an Area Armor email...

Are You Part of American Gun Culture?Ares Armor

It talks about a relatively small study done, and the part that I'm going to cherry pick is this....

"Only about 6% of those surveyed who didn’t own a gun, said they had exposure to gun culture through friends or family."

6%, IMHO, is WAY too low....we, as responsible gun owners and supporters of the Second Ammendment, need to get off our duffs and bring more folks that have had little or no exposure to firearms into the fold. We all are aware of how addictive this hobby is that has brought us all together here (hell, I hate web forums, but TGT is one of my 'go to' places on the net), all we have to do is reach out with an olive branch to those that have never had the experience, and I'd be willing to bet that 75% of those folks would soon find a home in our community.
    Venture Surplus ad

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I've carried numerous times in at least 11 of those and never saw a single sign! The only place I e ever seen a 30.06 sign other than hospitals is our local mall and I didn't see it until 3 years after they posted it because they only posted the mall entrances and not the store entrances!

Supposedly chilli's made a statement that they would like customers to refrain from open carrying but that they would follow the local laws. Didn't target and a few others also make that statement but not the list?

I am curious to see how many 30.07 signs go up in Jan. I think there will be a few but I hope there aren't many

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

IF we gunowners go out of our way to NOT spend any money at "posted" businesses, encourage other Texans who love FREEDOM to go elsewhere to shop & humiliate every single merchant, who puts up a "gunbusters", 30.06 or 30.07 sign at their business, those signs will COME DOWN in most cases, imVho.
    (It's past time, imo, to be as "active" & "radical" in our defense of FREEDOM as the leftist radicals are in their attempt to TAKE AWAY our freedom.)

I spend "considerable money" on "my addiction to" antique Mercedes automobiles & make a point of sending a letter to EVERY shop that has a "no guns sign", with a copy of the receipt for the money spent at their competitor's business. = While this tactic has NOT worked in every case, it HAS worked at several.
    The same letter (with a receipt for 4 new tires attached) was at least part of the reason that a large tire store on Austin Highway took their 30.06 sign down about 120 days ago.

just my opinion, satx

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    To ALL,

IF we gunowners go out of our way to NOT spend any money at "posted" businesses, encourage other Texans who love FREEDOM to go elsewhere to shop & humiliate every single merchant, who puts up a "gunbusters", 30.06 or 30.07 sign at their business, those signs will COME DOWN in most cases, imVho.
    (It's past time, imo, to be as "active" & "radical" in our defense of FREEDOM as the leftist radicals are in their attempt to TAKE AWAY our freedom.)

I spend "considerable money" on "my addiction to" antique Mercedes automobiles & make a point of sending a letter to EVERY shop that has a "no guns sign", with a copy of the receipt for the money spent at their competitor's business. = While this tactic has NOT worked in every case, it HAS worked at several.
    The same letter (with a receipt for 4 new tires attached) was at least part of the reason that a large tire store on Austin Highway took their 30.06 sign down about 120 days ago.

just my opinion, satx
    My issue is there just aren't any 30.06 signs to boycott in my area. The local mall is the only place where I've ever seen one other than hospitals. I don't go to movie theaters and all three banks I've been a member of have not been posted. Even while traveling, I have not seen any 30.06 signs posted.

Once Jan 1 gets here and open carry goes into effect, if 30.07 starts popping up, that may change.

I couldnt care less about gun buster signs. They don't mean anything to me or the criminals who will ignore them also. To me they just mean the store owner wants to allow carry while still getting the business from the uninformed anti's.

Last edited:

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Anyone open carrying in any form is inviting hazards and complications they just don’t need.
    Remember, that display will be photographed and entered as evidence against you.

JUST DON'T DO IT.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Anyone open carrying in any form is inviting hazards and complications they just don’t need.
    Remember, that display will be photographed and entered as evidence against you.

JUST DON'T DO IT.

???? Care to elaborate? Don't see how doing something that is legal is going to add up to " evidence against you".

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    To ALL,

just my opinion, satx
    You are not going to intimidate anyone into changing anything, much less embarrass them. License holders are about 3% of the population of Texas. A much smaller percentage is rabid about it.

And I just don't believe your anecdotal evidence.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    txinvestigator,

Truthfully, I couldn't care less what (or even if) you think/believe on any subject. = From what I've seen of your posts here, you would argue about whether it is normally dark at night or not.

I believe that you just enjoy controversy & trying to start fights.

just my OPINION, satx

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'd say that's a call out right there. ^^^^^

Last edited:

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I'd take anything the Chronicle says with a grain of salt until you start seeing the signs in person.

I was just thinking that I've not seen a 30.06 sign on Costco - so how truthful is the article?
    Likely just the lefty paper trying to wish it so.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

JUST DON'T DO IT.
    I think that's sarcasm.
    But then again, I try not to think too much.

It gives me a headache.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If Whataburger puts up 30.07 signs, don't blame them. They have a duty to make money and there are more scared ninnies in TX than dedicated gun carriers. The blame must go to the legislature for allowing something like 30.07 (and 30.06) notice to exist.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You are not going to intimidate anyone into changing anything, much less embarrass them. License holders are about 3% of the population of Texas. A much smaller percentage is rabid about it.

And I just don't believe your anecdotal evidence.

I tend to think this goes both ways - a very percentage is rabid anti-gun too.

I have to admit I am almost in disbelief as to what I see here in Texas over this, we are one of the last states to join the OC party, you would think it would be a non-event.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Until Whatsburger posts a 30.07 sign, I'd carry in, the worst they can do is ask you to leave.

This. If they're really against open carry, let them post the proper sign. The law is pretty clear in that regard. Otherwise, let them tell you to leave.

[h=1]The Second Amendment Check Boycott List[/h]

1. A & P
    2. AMC Theatres
    3. Whole Foods Market

Interesting list. I've been in some of those places and have never seen a 30.06, or even a gunbuster sigh. How are we supposed to know their anti-gun? And if this list is to be trusted, what about Autozoo? I didn't see them on the list but they did fire an employee when he ran to his vehicle and retrieved a firearm to save his co-workers.

I am curious to see how many 30.07 signs go up in Jan. I think there will be a few but I hope there aren't many

I'm guessing we'll see a decent amount in the high population, left leaning areas and the big corporate stuff at first. Kind of like we did with the 30.06 signs when that was new. Those first round of signs didn't last too long.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Interesting list. I've been in some of those places and have never seen a 30.06, or even a gunbuster sigh. How are we supposed to know their anti-gun?

Read the Code of Conduct. I think this is how a lot of places that do not post signs get on the list.

Top Bottom