• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think they all cost too much. By the time I'm done adding extra meat, bacon, and other add on's I might as well have went to a real restaurant and ordered a good burger.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TheDan

100% SPOT ON. = I can eat a full sit-down meal at PETE'S TAKO HOUSE for about the same price.
    (PETE'S has some of the BEST Tex-Mex in Bexar County, too.)

yours, satx

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've never had a bad Whataburger...
    I've never had a good Whataburger. They're the definition of "middle of the road, OK, will do in a pinch."

The only good burger place I was willing to visit was Just Burgers but they closed. Now my choices are Jax (OK, but the bread is really sub-par and detracts far more than it should from the whole experience) and Red Robin (a bit better than OK but usually idiotically overpriced).

I suppose if I wanted to go downtown to some place that charges me $100 for a burger I could get something great but, to my mind, that wouldn't be a burger. Once you get past $20 for a burger, you've gone way past "overpriced"; when you hit $100, you're in "this better be a killer-good sit-down meal with cloth napkins and a server who knows how to crumb a tablecloth" territory.

There's a Russian-mob owned steakhouse in Cincinnati that I really love and they'd make me a burger if I asked...but that's another story.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've never had a good Whataburger. They're the definition of "middle of the road, OK, will do in a pinch."

The only good burger place I was willing to visit was Just Burgers but they closed. Now my choices are Jax (OK, but the bread is really sub-par and detracts far more than it should from the whole experience) and Red Robin (a bit better than OK but usually idiotically overpriced).

I suppose if I wanted to go downtown to some place that charges me $100 for a burger I could get something great but, to my mind, that wouldn't be a burger. Once you get past $20 for a burger, you've gone way past "overpriced"; when you hit $100, you're in "this better be a killer-good sit-down meal with cloth napkins and a server who knows how to crumb a tablecloth" territory.

There's a Russian-mob owned steakhouse in Cincinnati that I really love and they'd make me a burger if I asked...but that's another story.

Well, that settles it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Steakhouses usually have amazing burgers. Their ground meat is the fresh trimmings off the steaks.

Which reminds me... if you're ever eating at Sundance, skip all the fancy meals and order the meatloaf. It's made from all the trimmings of their expensive ass steaks. Best meatloaf I've ever had. The portion is large compared to the rest of the entrees as well. The wife and I split it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    To All,

I haven't been back to WB since one of their HB-joints here in SA refused to fix my double-double MEDIUM RARE.

Iis it really possible to fix a frozen patty (or two) medium rare? After all, we're just talking fast food here, not some gourmet outfit.

I heard all the rage about in and out and carls jr when I was in Kalifornia a long time ago. Tried them once and didn't care for them. Of course I don't eat much fast food anymore so I don't really frequent any of them now, but still think Whataburger ranks near the top of that class of burgers.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I do like Fuddruckers, with their fried potatoe wedges, and add on fixins bar with fresh sliced tomatoes.
    I always pile them on the side, douse them individually with salt, damn it's good!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Well the Carl jr by me closed already . I think it was around about three years. They were more expensive than whataburger

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    whataburger is just bad. The burgers are particularly terrible. Greasy and flavorless. I don't get the whole "I love Whatburger" thing. Have these people ever had a burger anywhere else??

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    One of the best burgers I ever had was at Holiday House in Austin. Sadly, I think they were run out of business by a PETA land lord who bought the property.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Whataburger is not a damned gourmet burger place
    I never said it was

It's just a good hamburger and I guess a mega ton shit load of people think that because they're are 800 of the places to choose from

Gourmet burgers are great
    Some higher end higher priced places are really good also

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Local place in Abilene called Lucy's
    Outstanding
    Served on a sourdough roll

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I don't feel like what a burger is better than any other fast food burger joint. I rarely went there to begin with. It was easy to stop going after the open carry ban. I probably just don't get the big deal with what a burger because I'm not from Texas.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom