• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I was going to say ALL media are the enemy..........even sources we may trust.......but can't demonize to the point of no media

<>

Media have power. Up through WWII, they mostly exercised their power responsibly, to inform.

In the late 1950’s & 1960’s the journalism schools were taken-over by commies. . . . on our Parents’ dime.

Today, Journalism is one of our “enemies, domestic”.

From honored & respected Profession to gutter scum !

Freedoms must be guarded & exercised responsibly.

“Liberty” implies DUTY !.

leVieux

<>

ComeAndTakeIt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Houston
    Whew... read through this whole thing, but mostly because I'm in Houston and the HLSR is also preventing the lawful carry on government property.
    It's not until spring, so hoping we get answers by then.
    They used to allow you in when you snowed your LTC/CHL to a LEO, but not today. However, I'll say this, their security is ridiculous. If you have a good backpack or bag with multiple pockets, they just briefly look in and never see anything... So I've been told.

Note: the Rodeo itself is a professional sporting event, so we've never been able to carry there and there's a separate gated entry for it once on the grounds... however the carnival, shopping, etc... all government property and the equivalent of the SFOT.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    .but can't demonize to the point of no media
    Seemed like a reasonable statement on first look.

Then I realized, if we have no media we can trust, then we have no media anyway.
    They were given a solemn responsibility which they abandoned (somewhat gleefully, to this observer).
    I don't fret much about "no media", but eff them to hell for what they are doing.

Unapoistla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2024
    Killen
    From the Supreme Court of Texas on why they rejected Paxton's suit/injunction request against the state fair:

>Texas Supreme Court In re The State of Texas No. 24-0813 9/26/24

>Issue: Does Texas law entitle citizens to carry handguns to the State Fair despite the State Fair of Texas, a private entity, enacting a policy excluding patrons from carrying handguns on State Fair grounds?

>Holding: No. The Supreme Court denied the State’s emergency motion for temporary relief without written opinion.

>Concurrence: **Because the Attorney General’s Office “takes no position on whether the State Fair of Texas, a private entity, has the legal authority to exclude patrons carrying handguns from the Fair. … \[t\]his Court cannot possibly order the State Fair to allow handguns to be carried at this year’s Fair when the party seeking that relief does not even argue that Texas law obligates the Fair to do so”** (emphasis in original). “Our job … is to decide whether Texas law allowed the State Fair to make the decision for itself. The State declines to take a position on that essential question but nevertheless asks this Court for an injunction overriding the State Fair’s decision. It should also go without saying that our answer, for now, must be no.”

Paxton went through the motions but never even asked the court the right question to be able to challenge the postings.

I suspect this was on purpose - he wanted to be seen challenging it but not actually have it go away in case something bad happened he could get blamed for.

All the way back to the start of the Texas carry movement, Paxton has been anti-carry/anti-gun, and that continues to this day... with this being one more example.

How incompetent do you have to be to hold the office of Attorney General and not even get the basic challenge right in a suit if this *wasn't* done on purpose.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    '

All the way back to the start of the Texas carry movement, Paxton has been anti-carry/anti-gun, and that continues to this day... with this being one more example.' Evidence please.

Top Bottom