• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've got a really nice CZ 527 7.62x39 that always shot "OK", but when I hand loaded some ammo for it (with brass cases) it shot much better. The first group shot a 3/8" three shot group at 100 yds. So that tells me the gun is fine but the steel cased ammo doesn't compare to hand loads for accuracy.

Almin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2021
    SA
    I'm thinking Russian ammo makers will cut deals with their buds and just ship ammo to South Korea or Ukraine where it will be repackaged and sold to us with a small price increase. Wolf, Barnaul, Tula etc... will be sold under some other name. I seriously doubt the Russian ammo makers will simply take the loss of sales. At least that's what I speculate, we'll see, I'm sitting on tons of 7.62x39 so I won't have to worry about running out for now.
    But such route logistics will add up to the price

Almin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2021
    SA
    I've got a really nice CZ 527 7.62x39 that always shot "OK", but when I hand loaded some ammo for it (with brass cases) it shot much better. The first group shot a 3/8" three shot group at 100 yds. So that tells me the gun is fine but the steel cased ammo doesn't compare to hand loads for accuracy.
    I saw the review of some guy, who is simply changing tula bullets to Hornady and said it become 1.5 moa ammo

Allrizz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2021
    San Antonio
    They just banned the import of all Russian made ammo and firearms. No more Tula, Brown Bear, or the like. :mad:

Considering how bad Russian ammo is that may be a good thing.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Considering how bad Russian ammo is that may be a good thing.
    Considering they had close to 40% of the market share of ammo sold in the U.S. right now, no, it is not a good thing.

And from my personal perspective, and not to get into a yes it is - no it’s not argument, but I’ve never had any issues with steel cased ammo in my AKs, SKS, or handguns.

The bottom line is any time a resource or product is removed from the market, it hurts the consumer.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Considering they had close to 40% of the market share of ammo sold in the U.S. right now, no, it is not a good thing.

And from my personal perspective, and not to get into a yes it is - no it’s not argument, but I’ve never had any issues with steel cased ammo in my AKs, SKS, or handguns.

The bottom line is any time a resource or product is removed from the market, it hurts the consumer.
    Yeah, hits the target at a 100 yards. In a SHTF situation, I wouldn't care about how many MOA from a bullseye.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Bought 500 rds of Tula last week from SGammo for $250.00 shipped....

This week $348.75 for that same 500 rds......

Knew I should have ordered 1K..........
    I have the same problem even when shopping at HEB... if I see a good deal, even if I buy a bunch of it, by the time I get home, I wish I'd bought twice as much!

I saw the future in 2019 (not specifically Covid, but something disruptive), and now I wish I'd bought 10x as much... I bet Sam does too, but in 2019 he was sitting on inventory he couldn't even sell at cost! Some of his emails were almost begging people to buy...

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

I guess whichever dealer was getting some on the black market from Kazakhstan lost some future inventory. Prices will just go up more as a result.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    "explosion of unidentified objects" Hmmm....wonder what that's about.

I guess whichever dealer was getting some on the black market from Kazakhstan lost some future inventory. Prices will just go up more as a result.

"explosion of unidentified objects" Hmmm....wonder what that's about.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    This is pretty good.

I watcfhed this video when it came out. He's SORT OF right. He says 22% of all imported ammunition comes from Russia, that's true, what he fails to mention is that 765 million rounds, is not nearly a drop in the bucket compared to domestic production.

CCI produced 3 billion rounds of 22LR alone, Federal produced (as of 2019 BEFORE they went 247 production) 10 BILLION rounds of centerfire. So really, this is going to hurt, but just a little.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I watcfhed this video when it came out. He's SORT OF right. He says 22% of all imported ammunition comes from Russia, that's true, what he fails to mention is that 765 million rounds, is not nearly a drop in the bucket compared to domestic production.

CCI produced 3 billion rounds of 22LR alone, Federal produced (as of 2019 BEFORE they went 247 production) 10 BILLION rounds of centerfire. So really, this is going to hurt, but just a little.
    True. He'd be on that more than anyone. You just want to shoot my Polish Mak'ish thing again.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I finally got around to posting that case of 7.62x39 I had collecting dust. Just thought I'd give y'all a heads up. It's in the classifieds now. Listed at market price but I have a little wiggle room for long standing members.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    It looks like Global Ordnance is already trying to fill the slot with a 500 million dollar deal with Ukraine.

Luckily I was able to grab some Belom brass 7.62 from them for 52 cpr, not very good but I figured I pad my stash a little. Anyhow, some decent news quicker than I thought even though this was 5 or so days ago.

the Bosnians are pumping out rounds as fast as they can.. IGMAN has been working 24 hour shifts only stopping for maintenance checks. This was before the Russian ban. Remington has only been back up less than 90 days. I'm wondering if they will make a dent in this ammo market.

WarBaby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    DFW, TX
    It looks like Global Ordnance is already trying to fill the slot with a 500 million dollar deal with Ukraine.

Luckily I was able to grab some Belom brass 7.62 from them for 52 cpr, not very good but I figured I pad my stash a little. Anyhow, some decent news quicker than I thought even though this was 5 or so days ago.

Let's hope! Then pray Russia doesn't annex Ukraine under this current administration.

Top Bottom