• ...and so much more!
  • RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I'm thinking Russian ammo makers will cut deals with their buds and just ship ammo to South Korea or Ukraine where it will be repackaged and sold to us with a small price increase. Wolf, Barnaul, Tula etc... will be sold under some other name. I seriously doubt the Russian ammo makers will simply take the loss of sales. At least that's what I speculate, we'll see, I'm sitting on tons of 7.62x39 so I won't have to worry about running out for now.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga

Wolf is manufactured by Barnaul, they are one of the main cartridge manufacturers in Russia. Lot's of people rag on Wolf but it's my favorite ammo to feed my AK's in 7.62x39. I especially love the 124 grain hollow points. Their point of import and offices are located in commiefornia I'm sure, as are a lot of other offshore companies.

NdOma7b.jpg

Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Wolf is manufactured by Barnaul, they are one of the main cartridge manufacturers in Russia. Lot's of people rag on Wolf but it's my favorite ammo to feed my AK's in 7.62x39. I especially love the 124 grain hollow points. Their point of import and offices are located in commiefornia I'm sure, as are a lot of other offshore companies.

NdOma7b.jpg
    If that's 8M3 - which is most likely the reason for the ban - you really want to keep it for a rainy day!

Eli

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

NdOma7b.jpg
    Wolf is made in several different plants. Wolf is repackaged ammo basically, but the majority is Barnaul Russian I believe.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I saw this yesterday but been so busy to respond to something I knew nothing about (Russian ammo). I asked around today and a few folks said they make the steel casing ammo that can't be imported any longer and weren't sure about any brass. This is where I ask you all about the truth of that...
    The way the ban on ammo reads is:

"New and pending permit applications..."

So you can no longer apply for a permit to import ammo or arms, and existing permits will not be renewed.

"...and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial."

So, that is everything made within Russia's borders whether it is brass, steel, or fully packaged .223, 5.56, .45, 9mm, etc., etc.

I have not seen the full wording of the edict, but the State Department was pretty clear in their release on Friday. As of September 7th, nothing ammo or gun related will be allowed for import.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    SloJOE wants to be be. main supplier to the tallyban.
    There's a position open for crackhead.

He's just ensuring that Russia makes nice with the Tallywackerband - they spent a decade fighting them, now they'll become buddies. All that Russian ammo that was going to come here, can now go to Afghanistan to keep feeding the new toys they got from us, plus the old guns that will fall to new Jihadis and 2nd stringers, meanwhile our government will still hunt you down, murder your dog, maybe your wife & kid and throw you in prison for cutting your rifle's barrel to 15.9 inches, or slapping a vertical foregrip on a pistol, or putting a shoulder stock on a pistol. Democrats don't hate guns - they hate guns in the hands of people that oppose them. Slo Joe and the Ho are ideologically in league with anyone who hates America, the traditional American way of life, and gun toting, bible clutching conservatives and libertarians.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a lot of ammo, because I stopped shooting when shit started getting hairy. I had planned on getting into reloading, and then COVID + domestic communists happened. Not sure what to do now cause primers aren't coming back at a decent price either. Just not planning on buying lots of ammo at these outrageous prices.
    Don't get FOMO about it now. Just focus on surviving the upcoming economic troubles and you'll be able to afford everything later. If you have a nice hoard of ammo you don't have to worry about it anyway.

If you look back through the forum, you'll see me dropping casual reminders in non-election years to buy ammo. I haven't bought any ammo since 2019, and I'm not going to until prices normalize again. I have enough ammo stacked to shoot a couple hundred rounds of something every month for the rest of my expected life. I'd rather shoot 1,000rds a month, but I can suffer the rationing :laughing:

If this sounds like an "I told you so" you're damn right, but don't despair. Things will be more reasonable in 5-7 years.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    If that's 8M3 - which is most likely the reason for the ban - you really want to keep it for a rainy day!

Eli
    Sadly that 1000 round case isn't. I do have about 600 rounds of Wolf with the 8M3 projectiles left though, the 8M3 in Wolf is usually packed in those 20 round black boxes. I was burning through that stuff like candy all last year, whish I had kept it.

Reactions: Eli

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Sadly that 1000 round case isn't. I do have about 600 rounds of Wolf with the 8M3 projectiles left though, the 8M3 in Wolf is usually packed in those 20 round black boxes. I was burning through that stuff like candy all last year, whish I had kept it.
    Have quite a bit of 8M3, paid $200 last time per 1000. These days are gone.

Attachments

• IMG_2895.JPG
      IMG_2895.JPG
      442.5 KB · Views: 79

Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    We buy too much Russian ammo for them to give up trying to sell it to us. Yes, We’ll be shooting Russian ammo imported from non banned countries. If we don’t panic buy, it may not even cost a whole lot more. But we will panic, we always do.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    They just banned the import of all Russian made ammo and firearms. No more Tula, Brown Bear, or the like. :mad:

Yet all the illegal "people" come one come all. Got to love Biden. To paraphrase my late father. The only thing worse than obama is an obama lover

Top Bottom