• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I read it. All I am saying is that nothing is really free anymore and we aren't going to do a way with any fees (taxes) any time soon. If somebody wants something they need to figure out a way to legally obtain it.

Sounds like your friend could easily put some of that ingenuity to work and do well.
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What some of us fail to realize is that there are folks out there with VERY simple needs/desires - and they're usually pretty happy with their lives. They live in a home that's been in the family (often for generations), and frankly don't need/want all the stress that so many of us live under.

I used to feel as you do - and still do when they sit there with their hands out. But the folks I'm speaking of don't want anything from anyone - they just would like to enjoy some of the basic rights that we ALL should be able to.....WITHOUT paying "fees".

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well frankly if they want to do anything without paying fees... good for them. I guess we'd all like that just fine. In a utopian world of peace and love that would probably be the case. Too bad reality is that the fees we pay are here to stay and will likely be going nowhere but up.

I subscribe to the theory that if you wanna play, ya gotta pay.

I didn't invent / approve / or set the fees. It's just part of life that we have to pay em at this point. Life is too short to fight everything.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    What the heck does anything I said have to do with poll taxes? All I said was that the fees (taxes) we pay now aren't likely going anywhere but up. Fact of life. We can hate it. We can think it's wrong, but they aren't going away anytime soon.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'll have to let you take it. I have so much on my plate so far this year I hardly have time to sleep... and here I thought life slowed down as we got older.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    The problem is that too many people assume someone else is going to take care of the issue for them... If we don't all speak out at once, no one will hear the rational voice of few, amongst the chatter of the passive majority.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    That may well be the problem... but we live in a country where 20% of the eligible voters actually bother to vote. Good luck trying to rally the troops on any single issue.

I wish it was not that way, but that's reality.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    That may well be the problem... but we live in a country where 20% of the eligible voters actually bother to vote. Good luck trying to rally the troops on any single issue.

I wish it was not that way, but that's reality.

That is essentially my point

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    One thing I got from the videos is that they provided an example of what a well-regulated militia means and what a difference one makes. Pay attention to the latter half of the first video and part of the second when they talk about the Deacons Of Defense.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Aside from fees for the so called "oppressed", the 6 year old Houston, TX school student who took a loaded pistol to school, dropped it and it went off injuring himself and others brings to mind that the Houston Police are supposedly trying to figure out just whom to blame and bring charges against. It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that negligence in the home of said student is a factor, possible just pure parental negligence or negligence of some
    gangsta type, on and on, but we wonder if justice according to Texas Statutes will be dealt out to the person or persons who left the pistol where the kid could get it ? An old fashion ass busting with a leather belt would do for the kid, one that he will never forget...but thats against the lay isn't it ?

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Aside from fees for the so called "oppressed", the 6 year old Houston, TX school student who took a loaded pistol to school, dropped it and it went off injuring himself and others brings to mind that the Houston Police are supposedly trying to figure out just whom to blame and bring charges against. It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that negligence in the home of said student is a factor, possible just pure parental negligence or negligence of some
    gangsta type, on and on, but we wonder if justice according to Texas Statutes will be dealt out to the person or persons who left the pistol where the kid could get it ? An old fashion ass busting with a leather belt would do for the kid, one that he will never forget...but thats against the lay isn't it ?
    NOT where i come from a ass busting always applied

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    Good discussion. Yes, there is indeed a difference between being broke, and being poor. And yes, it would be difficult to change the CHL system that charges fees for the exercise of a constitutional right. But recognizing that difficulty is not the same as saying it is right. Charging any non-criminal any fee for 2nd amendment keeping and bearing arms is just flat wrong. I think we can agree on that.

Top Bottom