• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I would have to disagree with you. There are laws that where written after the war of northern aggression that prohibited black from owning guns and they are still there and effect all of us now.

That's right. They've been on the books so long that people just accept that they must be Constitutional and for our own good. Oh, and "for the children". LOL

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    I had to pay a fee to get my CHL. And I will have to pay another fee to renew in a few years. Like the poll tax affecting (and discouraging) exercise of the right to vote, the CHL fee is a government fee applied to a constitutional right, the right to keep and bear arms. Although I believe strongly that concealed carry is preferable to open carry in many situations, I don't think the state should dictate that you cannot carry openly. It's a little thing called the constitution. I've visited Arizona many times, and open carry does not seem to be a problem there. One more thing: if the 2nd amendment means anything, it means that Arizona and New Hampshire are correct in allowing carry without a licensing scheme. So-called constitutional carry is either constitutional, or it is not. It really chaps me that Texas requires a concealed carry license for non-criminals. That licensing requirement flies in the face of the 2nd amendment.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I think the video is great. I'm not even going to spend my time trying to figure out how much of it is accurate and how much is exaggerated. That video has a purpose and it is a good one.

The target audience of that video is not the people on this message board. The target audience of that video is urban and suburban African Americans who support gun control. It is produced by a clean-cut respectable looking black man and woman who black folks will listen to. And its purpose is to convince them that gun control is not beneficial and that they should oppose it. 99% of the people on this board could talk to a member of the target audience until we are blue in the face and not significantly alter their opinion where this video will.

I don't like the race card or the idea of saying this and that were done to hold the black man down. But if some black folks are using that tactic to get other black folks to listen to something that benefits them and society as a whole....more power to him. Great video!

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Im not sorry. This thread is pointless to me. Its videos that are posted to cause an uproar of some kind. It dont matter if your black, if you cant own a gun, you cant own a gun because something you have done in your past. Not your color. Everyone with a CHL CHOSE to do the right thing and abide by the law. Thus leaving the option open to opt in and get one. Same with firearms. I have no pity for someone whining they cant get a gun cause of color. Thats just dumb.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Im not sorry. This thread is pointless to me. Its videos that are posted to cause an uproar of some kind. It dont matter if your black, if you cant own a gun, you cant own a gun because something you have done in your past. Not your color. Everyone with a CHL CHOSE to do the right thing and abide by the law. Thus leaving the option open to opt in and get one. Same with firearms. I have no pity for someone whining they cant get a gun cause of color. Thats just dumb.
    You need to study up on Texas legislative history. Start with the ratification of the 14th amendment in 1868.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

You're missing the point of the video. The point is that all gun control laws in this country have their roots in keeping guns out of the hands of disenfranchised blacks. There's a reason why "Saturday night specials" (AKA handguns that poor folks could actually afford) were attacked so hard and for so long. Look at the original term that one is derived from, by the way.

My original home state of Michigan had a great example of these laws - when you bought a handgun, you had to present it to the local CLEO for a "safety inspection". Whether or not it was "safe" was entirely up to his judgment. You could buy a brand new, top-shelf handgun and have it declared unsafe if you were not the "right kind". Then you have discriminatory issuance of CHL like many states had before shall-issue spread like wildfire (and some still do). Basically, what these laws amount to is that you have to plead your case, usually to the local CLEO (hmmm, I see a pattern here), as to why you need to carry a gun. Again, if you're not the "right kind", you're going to be denied every time. Nowadays race enters into it less often, and it's more about how much you've contributed to a given sheriff's campaign in places like California...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    :patriot:i"m glad i"m not black

Me, too - I'd have a hard time explaining 'bout mah "adopted son"...... ohno.jpg

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Its this beginning hot weather and the fires all over, taxes, crime, and Washington that makes us gun toters all out of sorts between ourselves over gangsta's
    gun rights or lack of same....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    geeeeee thanks dad

Yer welcome, son. Of course, you ARE prepared to present my birthday present this year, right? I've spoken w/the other boys, and they feel it only fair that you be given the opportunity to show your love and devotion by being the one to buy my gift this year. Of course, they always buy me whatever I want - and this year, I want a FA IMI Uzi with about 10k rounds of ammo.

When can I expect it?

Thanks, son!!!

Dad

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Having to full fill the requirements is an infringment on our rights and poor people (minorities) can not afford to pay all the fees
    Life is tough.

We live in a land of opportinity. Anybody (able bodied) that wants to do better certainly has the opportunity to do so. I'm sick and tired of hearing how poor people are discriminated against... Anybody that has a little ambition can do well here. Truth is, most terminally poor people are too lazy to do better - or they want somebody else to do it for them (for free of course).

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yes....and no. There are many folks I know that are simple, hard-working people with simple wants/needs/desires. They don't have a whole lot - but then again, they don't see themselves as needing a whole lot. These are folks making 6-8 bucks an hour that are the salt of the earth - how they make it is beyond me, but they do. Some of them would LOVE the opportunity to be able to defend themselves if set upon - but yeah, the licensing/training fees are beyond them. Their gun would likely be one we'd never consider owning - but at the same time, I know of at least 2 that have built their own - literally - from the ground up, and one of them is fully capable of building a FA weapon. I've personally seen one that he built for a Federale Captain in Mexico that got fed up w/trying to get one through governmental channels, and commissioned him to build him something. Don't know where he got the knowledge, but the sucker came up with a Ma Duece cloan that made you want to cry, it was such a work of artisanship!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Nonsense.

If you want something in this country, get off of your ass and get it. If you are satisfied making 6 or 8 bucks per hour, don't bitch about the stuff you "can't afford".

I was not born with silver spoon in mouth. I've been poor. I worked hard for everything I have. If I wanted something, I set a goal and made it happen. No sympathy here for those who are "satisfied" with where they are but bitch about how expensive stuff is.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Go back and reread what I wrote. These folks ain't bitchin' - but maybe WE should be bitching FOR them. Why should ANY of us PAY to exercise a Constitutional right? That's why they did away with Poll Taxes.....

Top Bottom