• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From some of the comments I can see why open carry didn't make it. I'll go convince Arizona to allow NFA weapons, they seem more gun friendly than us.

What do you want?

I completely agree with vaquero about leaving a mark, and I have been told I need to stop pushing for everything at one time. That said, I realize NFA is a long ways off.

The gun community in general has limited resources. Basically, the amount of time and money that can be dedicated to our battle for 2A rights.

I will support any and every measure I can in whatever way I can to restore the rights that have been infringed and protect the ground we have gained.

You are trying to send the Wright brothers to the moon before they make their first flight. That will be nothing more than wasted resources at this point.

I spend at least 1 hour every day talking about guns to people I work with. Sometimes political, sometimes about safety, sometimes just about why I enjoy it. Anything you can think of gun related I talk about, including how proposed legislation would have had no effect of recent tragedies and the effect it would have on law abiding citizens.

This is where we need to be. Fighting right now. We MUST when over the uneducated, those who are either not in the fight or have a slight fear. That group is the majority of the population. That means votes and votes are what we need to get pro 2A reps.

Now you can sit and talk about how we are not doing enough. Talk about how we didn't fight hard enough for OC or how you need to go to AZ with this because we aren't supportive enough but those of us who are fighting (many here who have been in this fight since I was in diapers) know what the outcome will be and may take offense to your statement.

I asked politely that you tell us a little more about yourself and have yet to hear anything. Your comments lead me to believe I was pretty close on my age estimate. Without knowing something about you your words will carry little weight.

Instead of running around with your guns blazing and saying what we should be doing, listen and learn about what we are already doing. Ask what YOU can do to help.

None of this is meant as an I silt or attack. Purely constructive criticism.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Never meant to insult anyone. Just understand i'm but 16, and beginning to join the fight. I've been shooting since I was 4, but it wasn't till recently (2008) I learned the value of the 2 amendment. Going through grade school, I've always been fascinated with military history. Especially the great power hungry leaders. Lets look at Hitler, he quickly rose to power after Germany was brought to her knees. Within a decade he had an army fighting for his beliefs.

Hitler became successful because people were desperate after WW 1. If we loose more ground, we will become those desperate Germans. We would have to rely on a war, a war that my generation would be forced to fight, because the previous failed too.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Your cool dude just understand this has been a constant fight since 34, 68, and 86. Right now we are having a hard enough time just keeping what we have now so stuff like new full autos get put on the back burner.

Best thing to do is join a credible firearm organization and help educate others. Guns aren't the problem, blood thirsty insane liberals are.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks.

Now believe me, I know full well the implications of an armed revolution. Well, as well as someone could without actually being involved in one anyways. I have put A LOT of thought in to the subject and it's something everyone on here wants to avoid.

As for fighting to protect our rights and start reversing some of these laws. We need votes. We are giving it everything we've got to keep the sheep at bay. We are going to need more voters in the fight if we want to start making more progress or speed up that progress.

The way to do this is to educate people as I said before. Learn everything you can as it relates to guns and crime. Use it to counter the propaganda that is spread by the media.

Make sure you get your info from a reputable source. The last thing you want to do is throw out information and have it proven false. It will destroy your credibility and will be used against you. We are at a disadvantage here because the antis fight by playing on emotions. They will talk of murdering babies, how many kids have to die, etc even though the facts don't support their claims.

Be careful what you say. Comments like thine one above will get you classified as one of those crazy right wing terrorists. Again, we know what the second amendment is for, but you must choose your words wisely or they will be used against you.

Listen to the liberals arguments. It's generally the same lies repeated over and over again. Once you know what they will say it's easy to refute them with facts.

And lastly, you will never win over a true liberal anti gun progressive. They don't care about the facts and will just call you a racist murderer NRA wackjob. Your not trying to convince them though. You are trying to convince that guy sitting quietly a few feet away who is listening in on the conversation. The one who has a little common sense and critical thinking skills.

Oh, and one more thing. Never show that you are getting mad or frustrated. If you start losing your cool they will use it against you. Probably ask something stupid like " what are you gonna do, shoot me?" (This is a good time to point out that no, you will not and that CHL holders are statistically must less violent than non CHL holders and the most law abiding citizens in the country. But you don't have a CHL yet so you'd have to play it by ear).

The goal is to win over as many people as you can, or at least get them thinking. Some of those people may talk to a few other people about the conversation they heard and get them thinking.

This is something ALL OF US can do and most of us do. You don't need money and have a chance to reach a very large number of people.

Step one is to break the stigma.

Step to is to win people over and get them in the fight.

Step three is to get rid of the gun grabbers and get our rights back.

In the mean time we will continue to fight to keep from losing ground and gain as much back as we can. Most of the gains will likely be at a state level unless we can make some major changes in DC. Even then we have much more influence in our own state.

Also, join the NRA. Love them or hate them. They throw a lot of weight in DC and have done more to protect our rights in recent times than any other organization out there.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Those are very good points on arguing. I do carry for the most of the day. I spend a lot of at home or in the field, don't really need a CHL even if I could.

I can tell you though my generation is going to be a tough crowd. They go solely on the media.Last time I was at a public school the debate team covered gun violence. Of the 4,000 kids, 300 = or - supported the Pro gun crowd, and around 20 were undecided. Most of those kids got there vote from the media. They don't care about facts or what is right. Now if (insert current pop star name) supported gun rights, kids would soon follow.

Now armed conflict doesn't arouse me either. I would rather gradually gain ground myself. But I fear the other party is going to take it to far, resulting in a Hitler figure to bring justice to the pro gun side.

I'm a life member for the NRA. I got a little club among my friends to spread real knowledge to other kids. 7 month ago I "converted" a family, it helped that their house was broken into. I got them setup with a glock and two AR-15s. I'm sure they convinced people they know too.

Maybe we could win this war by spreading the good news. We'd be like the church people who go door to door.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    IMO, the most feasible way to get controversial pro-gun legislation through is to tack it on to some big must pass act, like ObamaCare. With the debate centered on some other major issue, the NRA gets a Senator and a House Rep to tack on some little pro-gun thing, i.e. silencers no longer regulated, SBR's No longer regulated, an import ban lifted, 922(r) repealed, use your imagination. These will be our openings to get what we want.

Proposing outright to repeal or amend the NFA or GCA in our favor simply isn't going to fly. Our best chance is I think is to sneak it in under the radar as I described in a more favorable political climate. In the meantime, we must do our part to educate those around us and fight anti-gun nonsense where ever it rears its ugly head. The anti-gunners like Obama and Feinstein will never stop trying to disarm us and we must never stop fighting for preserve the rights or fighting to regain rights lost to bogus legislation like the NFA, the Hughes Amendment, Bush Sr. and Clinton's import bans.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    ^^^^^ that sounds really good on paper. Has it ever worked in the past. I see why every one is saying baby steps. It seems like a hard battle.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Yeah, it's not as simple as any of us would like it to be. It's going to take years of hard work and persistence.

Meanwhile we need to relentlessly wage the culture battle and educate people so that all these irrational fears start to go away.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, it's not as simple as any of us would like it to be. It's going to take years of hard work and persistence.

Meanwhile we need to relentlessly wage the culture battle and educate people so that all these irrational fears start to go away.

This is our biggest obstacle. Our opposition has spent decades putting these ideas in people's heads. It will take a lot of hard work to reverse and we will be fighting against the current until we can change this.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    ^^^^^ that sounds really good on paper. Has it ever worked in the past. I see why every one is saying baby steps. It seems like a hard battle.

How do you think we got the 1986 MG ban to begin with ?

It was a poison pill amendment added by the democrats under shady circumstances designed to kill the Firearm Owners Protection Act but the NRA and Reagan decided the poison wasn't too lethal so they signed it into law anyway.

Now we're stuck with it and that is why a $5 piece of tool steel with a couple numbers etched in it costs $23,000 and why a civilian legal FN MAG costs $160,000.

Sadly by the time you are old enough to legally own one you'll be permanently priced out of the market. Unless your last name is Trump or Walton or Gates.

A pro-gun majority in the house and senate after Nov 2014 could attach an amendment to ease restrictions but the asshole-in-chief still has to sign the overall bill. It would have to be something the commies really want bad. Like the Enabling Act of 1933 Germany, 100% fedgov run healthcare, a 112% income tax on all non-blacks, or something else equally destructive.

Last edited:

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    My dads ak is pre ban. That thing hasn't seen the light of day in over 20 years now. He gobbed that grease in it and wrapped. Its just a hassle to shoot it. Every one wants to see the paper if/when we go to the range. Then I believe he said something with traveling. Like a form must be filed if we take it out of state. Its been a while though. Can't imagine having it confiscated. That gun is worth its weight in gold right now.

At the rate the prices are going, my name wouldn't need to be anything else. That rifle will be backed by 7 figures.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Of course they have paper work. It would be stupid to mention it if it wasn't legal. Its in deep storage for many reasons. Expensive to shoot, the range has a 4 seconds between shots rule, and we risk theft if we bring it out. Just better to keep it sealed for a day we really need it.

On a side note, would it be legal to change the barrel on it. I'd like to have a bull barrel.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Of course they have paper work. It would be stupid to mention it if it wasn't legal. Its in deep storage for many reasons. Expensive to shoot, the range has a 4 seconds between shots rule, and we risk theft if we bring it out. Just better to keep it sealed for a day we really need it.

On a side note, would it be legal to change the barrel on it. I'd like to have a bull barrel.

Lol, wut?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    ymesa9ev.jpg

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Top Bottom