• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We gotta start with a state that's willing to take a stand on NFA items built in state (and marked for in state use only) not being subject to interstate commerce. There's gotta be protection from state and local law enforcement built into the state level bill.

Then you gotta have an in-state manufacturer that's willing to take an enormous risk with both their freedom and their money.

If just a single state can take a stand and do it then others could follow. I think that's the most likely way to get this thing done.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think getting the state to take a stand would be the hard part. There are plenty if entrepreneurs out there and a MG would not be difficult to manufacture. It's really just a lower and a few small parts for an AR. Or even just making the drop in sears( can't remember what the name was). Manufacturing would not take long to jump on the new market I don't think.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    When I compared lowers, the only difference was about 2 mins of machining. Full autos shouldn't even cost more.

Wasn't there a bill for Texas that would protect Texas made guns.

By the way, SBRs are good because there easier to hide and store from people who shouldn't have access to them.

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I think getting the state to take a stand would be the hard part. There are plenty if entrepreneurs out there and a MG would not be difficult to manufacture. It's really just a lower and a few small parts for an AR. Or even just making the drop in sears( can't remember what the name was). Manufacturing would not take long to jump on the new market I don't think.

Lightning link is the part name I think you are looking for.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    When I compared lowers, the only difference was about 2 mins of machining. Full autos shouldn't even cost more.

Wasn't there a bill for Texas that would protect Texas made guns.

By the way, SBRs are good because there easier to hide and store from people who shouldn't have access to them.

Wouldn't matter unless they repeal the existing laws on the books. MGs and certain other weapons are illegal to own in Texas but it is a defense against prosecution if they are registered pursuant to the NFA.

If the NFA were to be repealed or struck down as unconstitutional anyone who owns one in TX would instantly be in violation of the law with no defense. If anyone built a 100% made in TX machinegun with parts made from ore mined within the state, they would still be in violation of state law since it wasn't registered under the federal NFA.

It's a lot more complicated than just saying repeal this or that, a bunch of different laws at local and federal levels would have to all go at once.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    We gotta start with a state that's willing to take a stand on NFA items built in state (and marked for in state use only) not being subject to interstate commerce. There's gotta be protection from state and local law enforcement built into the state level bill.

Then you gotta have an in-state manufacturer that's willing to take an enormous risk with both their freedom and their money.

If just a single state can take a stand and do it then others could follow. I think that's the most likely way to get this thing done.

So kinda like the pot 'clinics' in California? The state allows the growing, distribution, and sale of marijuana, all the while thumbing their noses at the feds..............maybe the liberal hemp-heads have a good idea there :)

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    If we started with Texas, other states are soon to follow. I don't see how the NFA works. It seems like a money maker for the government. Its not about keeping guns out of the hands of criminal. Criminals can't have guns already, yet they still do.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We have some work to do before Texas become a "leader" in gun right.

We aren't bad, but way behind some others.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If we started with Texas, other states are soon to follow. I don't see how the NFA works. It seems like a money maker for the government. Its not about keeping guns out of the hands of criminal. Criminals can't have guns already, yet they still do.

That doesn't seem to be working for open carry, though. :(

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Y'all whooped?!
    I ain't caring for some attitudes here.

It'll take work. It'll take time.
    There ain't many things I'd like to leave my mark on, but getting some freedom restored would top my list.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    From some of the comments I can see why open carry didn't make it. I'll go convince Arizona to allow NFA weapons, they seem more gun friendly than us.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    It's not up to us and its not up to the state. The full auto registry is permanently sealed by the federal government.

With the current administration it won't be reopened because they won't allow it to happen.

You aren't the first to think of this and you aren't to try to do anything about it. We (the company I work for) have been in dc 3 times in 2 years talking about getting silencers off the nfa registry and every time they slams the door in our face.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Top Bottom