ARJ Defense ad

New Used Truck in Texas F-150, Sierra, Silverado or Tundra???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    ill stick with my fords as well all mine are f250s and they out pull the others easily and i wouldn't have gm product anyway government motors yuk. ford also made a profit the whole time gm and others were taking bailout money. and they did not take any bailout. but thats just me.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Dollar for dollar, the best value in a full size truck is the 1500 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi.

I am no RAM fan boy, but how can you ignore that truck?

Mr. Bojangles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Humble
    I'll take my Tundra over any truck, any day. I've got the 5.7L with some upgrades so fuel mileage isn't even close to reasonable. However, it will out haul, out scoot, and look better than all the others. Plus it was built in Texas by Texans, not some lazy ass UAW workers in Michigan.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Ram is built in Mexico -- no union nonsense -- and Toyota got tons of tax abatement freebees from Texas and San Antonio to build their truck here. So, I pay massive property and school taxes to support Toyota. Enjoy your ride at my expense!

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    The hell with the tundra! Ever tried working on one? They put the starter in this weird cubby hole and only small people can work of them.. Or how about haul heavy loads to the job site? The stupid suspension sinks to the pavement.

Dont get a government motor product, Id be ok with a ford but, we had a 98' ford 150 with the 4.2? triton brand new. It has 285k and over the course its had three transmission rebuilds and the truck only pulled two trailers in its life the first year. Only the 7.3 is the good diesel engine in a ford.. But, My 2500 dodge cummins 4x4. is my go to truck. For hauling. The hemi is a great engine too.

I drive a small nissan hardbody pickup to work and back.

Just dont get anything gm and or a tundra.

Last edited:

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Love my 05 Dodge 2500 every time I've almost talked myself back into something more practical like a new short bed Z71 I just can't bring myself to go do it :-/

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    The hell with the tundra! Ever tried working on one? They put the starter in this weird cubby hole and only small people can work of them.. Or how about haul heavy loads to the job site? The stupid suspension sinks to the pavement.

Ever tried working on one? Nope. No need to. Mine's got 200k on the clock and never had to do other than routine maintenance. Haven't had to rebuild a transmission, let alone three times. All it's ever had was oils, filters, belts, hoses. Doesn't leak, doesn't burn oil. Purrs like a kitten at idle and screams like a wild banshee when you go full throttle. Runs as good as the day I got it. Excellent ride. Hauled plenty of trailers without any issues. Have had a ton of payload in the bed and it's only asked for more. Got plenty of room too. I'm 6'3" and ~380lbs and I've got no problems fitting in it.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Drove my bosses tundra from Dallas to Amarillo set the cruise on 75 and burned 2 tanks of gas. I talked to a rep from chevy one time about the difference between ford, chevy, dodge, and toyota and he was saying that the big 3 are dumbed way down for fuel economy and the stuff you see in commercial is no where near true because the truck in the commercials are retuned for straight performance rather than performance and fuel economy. The guy I talked to also said that the tundra are the only trucks that aren't retuned for commercials which is why the fuel economy is so shitty.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    My F150 can make it from Austin to Amarillo on one tank... It's cutting it close, but I can do it. I can average between 19-21 on the highway.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    With less than 1300 miles on my new F150 and a full tank,my son and left Lubbock via Llano for BBQ then SA to visit the Alamo and almost made it to Port Aransas.Had to stop in Taft.
    With 2000 miles on it we headed back to Lubbock,another stop in Llano for BBQ,and almost made it back. Stopped in Slaton to fill up with real gas.

Really like my Ford.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Had to have been Coopers if in Llano.
    drool5.gif

Top Bottom